997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ams coolers with stock turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:28 AM
y996t will become famous soon enoughy996t will become famous soon enough
I just got my AMS intercoolers and it has the plastic rings

Old 02-03-2017, 07:42 AM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by y996t
I just got my AMS intercoolers and it has the plastic rings
I would contact them before install and request the updated hose kit - if they are going to continue to provide those adapters they need to be billet.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 AM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
So when these pop off or get loose, what's the result? A major boost leak?

How else are you noticing any issues or diagnosing?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
y996, I am pretty sure you got he new hoses and also the ring adapters by accident. In case you will get another set of the updates hoses Monday!

dj, the issue has been resolved with a more solid solution. Feel free to reach out if I can help you in any way. That goes for anyone!

Old 02-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Sam! Luckily I live 4 miles away from AMS so gonna stop by and chat with them a bit.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice!

Old 02-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Thanks Sam for your great help

Old 02-08-2017, 11:58 AM
BoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to beholdBoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to beholdBoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to beholdBoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to beholdBoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to beholdBoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to beholdBoostinBiscayne is a splendid one to behold
Had the same problem with the original hoses and plastic spacer thing, after very carefully installing them. Eventually, the passenger side Plastic piece broke. I had absolutely no problems getting the replacement silicone hose kit with inner lip which AMS redesigned for the folks running the stock turbos on their cars. All I had to do was call them up and ask and they sent one right out. I saved the original hoses to be used with Alpha Turbo upgrade, just in case I want to go up in power.

The AMS redesigned replacement silicone hoses have not blown off at all running full boost on e85 stage three Cobb flash, but I have since converted all my hose clamps from screw down which was mangling the silicone to T-bolt style clamps. The new hoses haven't blown off and I was happy with their customer service.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:47 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djillusion
So when these pop off or get loose, what's the result? A major boost leak?

How else are you noticing any issues or diagnosing?

It will leak bad enough the engine will go way too rich and stall, car will not start and good luck puting the hose back roadside with a scorching hot turbo ...

not fun!!

Old 02-08-2017, 06:11 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
It will leak bad enough the engine will go way too rich and stall, car will not start and good luck puting the hose back roadside with a scorching hot turbo ...

not fun!!
Unless you are running mafless, then you are good. That was my experience at the track when my lower intercooler hose blew off. I also have the updated lower hoses and haven't had any issues with the setup since.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Yes the lower hose update is a must, it's much better design

Old 02-26-2017, 11:10 AM
circling back on this topic for the updated AMS hoses for their ICs.

are these updated hoses available for the 997.2TT's? or are the hoses just available for the 997.1TT's?

Old 02-26-2017, 11:21 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
I just got my kit installed this past week... still same old design for 997.2. They say they're in the process of redesigning the kit. The plastic inlet hose ring got broken on install on my car. AMS is sending new parts, and will send updated parts when they're released to production as I understand it.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
I just got my kit installed this past week... still same old design for 997.2. They say they're in the process of redesigning the kit. The plastic inlet hose ring got broken on install on my car. AMS is sending new parts, and will send updated parts when they're released to production as I understand it.
thanks for the update.

glad to see AMS is sending new parts, but hope a stronger ETA on the new hoses for the 997.2 will be released soon too.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Anyone who needs anything on this my lines are open!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.