997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Advice on best way to launch manual turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
I have a full Techart car with all GMG goodies. Lets hook up. I am in Lewis Center.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Marpir821
I have a full Techart car with all GMG goodies. Lets hook up. I am in Lewis Center.
Absolutely, would like to and learn more about these cars. I'm over in Dublin. Did you have yours for sale recently? At the time I was purchasing this one I noticed a gtsilver one with Techart and GMG upgrades on CarGuru. It was listed a little high but if that was you I was tempted to reach out. Mine is still getting fixed at the Toy Barn and then off it goes to Auto Detail in Plain City for full front clear bra and overall paint treatment. Let's connect after that as long as the weather around here stays nice.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Duckstu
Porsche turbos are not known for coming out of the hole well.

For the 996 turbo,.. the way you had to launch them was to rev them up to about 5k,.. then pretty much side-step the clutch pedal and break all 4 tires loose. Any other method meant either lots of clutch wear, or bogging the engine and not hitting 60 until 5-6 seconds had passed.

My cousin had a manual '03 Turbo with the X-50 package,.. and he managed to match and even beat the claimed 3.6 sec 0-60 time from the magazines doing that. You really have to grab a set though. And 3 out of 4 times he'd still bog it and get left for dead by my friend in his near stock Mazda RX7.

Haven't had any advice on the 997's though,.. and I'd really like to know. My old Subaru would have put a dozen car lengths on my 997 by 60. I could hit 60 in 3.1 - 3.2 sec in that car on the street,.. on 235 all season tires.

I guess I just need to practice more. A Guard LSD is going in my car as we speak. Really don't want to beat on my car,.. but I also don't want to be last across the intersection if a 20 Y.O. challenges me in a Subaru station wagon.

Anyone figured it out yet?
If your getting smoked by Mazdas and pick up trucks and you think it's hard to launch now try launching with a lwfw... way harder but the car explodes big time off the line...you really have to rev it...just some info the 997 turbo leaves the line using rwd.... the front don't hook until you need them...trust me I've left 10 ft patches before

Old 02-24-2017, 05:09 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dguth
Absolutely, would like to and learn more about these cars. I'm over in Dublin. Did you have yours for sale recently? At the time I was purchasing this one I noticed a gtsilver one with Techart and GMG upgrades on CarGuru. It was listed a little high but if that was you I was tempted to reach out. Mine is still getting fixed at the Toy Barn and then off it goes to Auto Detail in Plain City for full front clear bra and overall paint treatment. Let's connect after that as long as the weather around here stays nice.
Yes, it's listed. Not overly pressed to sell it. Only reason would be to get a higher mileage GT3 to take to MidOhio a few weekends out of the year.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:06 AM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 997TTEQNY
Really nice driving man!
That's a manual? Those are some quick shifts!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.