997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ByDesign's 997TT Accessport Giveaway! EXTENDED TWO WEEKS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Ahh! Finally caught on to what's needed. With my travel I'll see when I can get around to it and revise my post.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:08 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Heres mine

Edit: will revise with my username :-/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo755.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	471337  
Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 AM
IB Staff
IB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by au2bahn
Heres mine

Edit: will revise with my username :-/

Not necessary...seeing as your plate is your username...

Old 03-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
My aerokit .2 turbo.

Name:	1489015136177.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	471370  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Southpaw07; 03-10-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:54 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
Taken as I leave for work this morning (I walk, too hard to skate office attire!).

Name:	photo147.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	893.8 KB
ID:	471355  
Old 03-08-2017, 03:44 PM
IB Staff
IB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond repute
USERNAMES IN THE PICS FOLKS

(unless your licence plate is your username)

Old 03-08-2017, 05:19 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
Perhaps I was being a bit too clever - NZ on my plate and skate(r)board underneath.

Edit: here's one that's a little clearer

Name:	photo786.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	953.9 KB
ID:	471965  

Last edited by nzskater; 03-15-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Slategery997turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Slategrey

Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
wheelking

My 997.2 TT with a Europipe and a Cobb Stage 2 custom tune by Sambo at ByDesign. Turnkey mod that gets you stoked every time you start the car and mine's a daily driver. Can't recommend highly enough!

Name:	Cobb bydesign.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	471459  
Old 03-09-2017, 03:06 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by realking
My 997.2 TT with a Europipe and a Cobb Stage 2 custom tune by Sambo at ByDesign. Turnkey mod that gets you stoked every time you start the car and mine's a daily driver. Can't recommend highly enough!
Sorry don't mean to derail the thread but how is the custom tune and exhaust compared to stock feel and power? Huge night and day difference?

Are you catless or stock cats?

Old 03-09-2017, 03:28 PM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
Yes, I would say a "huge night and day difference."

These forums are a wealth of information and I think I'm getting the most bang for the buck with the upgraded exhaust and tune. From what I've heard, intake side mods don't yield the same return per dollar spent. The Cobb Accessport allows you to switch between different maps in literally 3 or 4 minutes - including going back to the stock or OEM tune for visits to the dealerships if necessaary.

Big ups to Sam for sending me a custom tune after I data logged using the Off The Shelf (OTS) Cobb tune and emailed it to him. My bad for not even thanking him - his custom tune hits hard and smoothed out the power deliver across the RPM range. If you have a manual transmission like me, you have to be ready to shift at all times because the next gear comes up so fast - you can't stay on full throttle for more than a few seconds at a time. It's easy to see why PDK 997.2 TTs are quicker and faster - that said, for me, the 6MT is the only way to go.

See Sam for the Cobb AP and candid, honest mod advice for your particular goals.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:36 PM
This time with the correct Username, doh!

Name:	Cobb ByDesign.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	471461  
Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Haha Cheers!

Jazz feel free to reach out and I can even offer a trial with satisfaction guarantee! Anyone who gets or has one and winds still gets hooked up!

The AP is really a great tool for us to dial your car in and also has lots of awesome features aside from the fact that you can install in 6 min!
- Data logging
- 30 sec map switching for different set-up or fuels
- It can be used as a display that will show up to 6 gauges if you like
- Shift light
- There is a dyno feature
- Diagnostics check and resetting of CEL's
- The unit can be uninstalled for service if you like or even to sell the car and move on without losing your investment. Even re-program it for your new P-Car!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by realking
Yes, I would say a "huge night and day difference."

These forums are a wealth of information and I think I'm getting the most bang for the buck with the upgraded exhaust and tune. From what I've heard, intake side mods don't yield the same return per dollar spent. The Cobb Accessport allows you to switch between different maps in literally 3 or 4 minutes - including going back to the stock or OEM tune for visits to the dealerships if necessaary.

Big ups to Sam for sending me a custom tune after I data logged using the Off The Shelf (OTS) Cobb tune and emailed it to him. My bad for not even thanking him - his custom tune hits hard and smoothed out the power deliver across the RPM range. If you have a manual transmission like me, you have to be ready to shift at all times because the next gear comes up so fast - you can't stay on full throttle for more than a few seconds at a time. It's easy to see why PDK 997.2 TTs are quicker and faster - that said, for me, the 6MT is the only way to go.

See Sam for the Cobb AP and candid, honest mod advice for your particular goals.
Thanks for the information!

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Haha Cheers!

Jazz feel free to reach out and I can even offer a trial with satisfaction guarantee! Anyone who gets or has one and winds still gets hooked up!

The AP is really a great tool for us to dial your car in and also has lots of awesome features aside from the fact that you can install in 6 min!
- Data logging
- 30 sec map switching for different set-up or fuels
- It can be used as a display that will show up to 6 gauges if you like
- Shift light
- There is a dyno feature
- Diagnostics check and resetting of CEL's
- The unit can be uninstalled for service if you like or even to sell the car and move on without losing your investment. Even re-program it for your new P-Car!
Thank you for the great information and features overview! I'm definitely going with Cobb it sounds like when the time comes in terms of dollars for performance gain.

Best.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:48 AM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
Hope this works lol. If not I'll take another one this was 2-3 weeks ago

Name:  IMG_5732_zpsvs7tdjfc.png
Views: 721
Size:  437.1 KB

Last edited by greekc6; 03-10-2017 at 12:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ByDesign's 997TT Accessport Giveaway! EXTENDED TWO WEEKS!