997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

**Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
**Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**

Moton Suspension Technology was kind enough to donate a double adjustable coilover suspension for our new AWE Tuning 997TT project car. However, one roadblock was holding us up, the PASM. Moton does not make an interactive shock so some trickery was going to need to be done.

If you did not know, once you disconnect the wire at the shock a fault light and annoying beep will appear on the dash. This was totally unacceptable. We wanted to find a way to have our cake and eat it too.

We did not get discouraged. We began contacting all of our sources in the States and Germany trying to find a solution. Nobody seemed to know what to do. Even our best contacts at H&R were unsure.

Last week while at the go-kart track, I ran into one of the dealer technicians from Brandywine Porsche. I have met many of their staff, but not Kevin Hines. He and I began to chat and I told him the problem we were having with the suspension. With great confidence he assured me it could be done somehow. He thought about it for a few days and gave me a call. He told me to stop down on Saturday with the car.

After about an hour of, he did it.

Kevin completed the job just as he said. No fault lights or DTC's! The car is no longer looking for the PASM module. It's as if it does not exist.

Now that this is done, we will schedule our car's Moton install. Finally!

Once again, thanks Kevin. You lived up to your promise.

Some of you are probably wondering why this is such a big deal to us. Well, many of our clients either race or are very serious about track days. Even with PASM, the car will be handicapped in extreme track conditions with the stock spring/shock package.

To get to the next level you will need to replace the dampers. We want to be able to offer upgrades, but without a pesky beep and fault light on the dash.

For those of you interested in the disable procedure, please download this PDF.

http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 01-23-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That's good news... I never use the PASM, so it's good to know there are alternatives.

Kevin is a great tech - he lowered my car on H&R springs and did a great alignment.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
it's very good to here that but I don't think I will need someday

Old 01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
K2@Brandywine is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. Hopefully anytime you ask me for this kind of thing to be done, I will again be able to come through for you.

So Chris, you're liking that work I did for you, huh? Great to here it, and I look forward to helping again some day.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K2@Brandywine
Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. Hopefully anytime you ask me for this kind of thing to be done, I will again be able to come through for you.

So Chris, you're liking that work I did for you, huh? Great to here it, and I look forward to helping again some day.
Yeah - it's awesome - I get the *** to step out and come back with no problem...

Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 PM
K2@Brandywine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Yeah - it's awesome - I get the *** to step out and come back with no problem...
That makes me happy, but, maybe you should have me install a roll bar with some harnesses... Yunno, if you are going to be driving like that. Just be safe about it, I unfortunately lost one of my favorite customers the day before new years to a car accident. I dont ever want that kind of news again, YA HERE ME?