997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2006 C2 76k mi.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
ol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of light
2006 C2 76k mi.

So I have the car in the shop getting all kinds of little things done and checked out. I just did a full service on it and it's getting new rotors and pads once it's out. I am really debating doing a tune... NOT asking bout that it's been debated enough here. What I'm wondering relates to reliability, far as my 5.5 years and 76kmiles anyone got me beat? That breaks down to 13,800 a year!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ol'blkbty
So I have the car in the shop getting all kinds of little things done and checked out. I just did a full service on it and it's getting new rotors and pads once it's out. I am really debating doing a tune... NOT asking bout that it's been debated enough here. What I'm wondering relates to reliability, far as my 5.5 years and 76kmiles anyone got me beat? That breaks down to 13,800 a year!
Congratulations on driving that car. I'm only approaching 30k on my 06 C2S cab, and I use mine as a daily driver. How has your reliability/maintenance experience been? Any component failures or replacements besides brakes?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
ol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of light
Well so far I would not be a great judge, I found the car about a month ago after 3 weeks of shopping. It had about 500 less on it. I was driven away from buying by the miles but driven to it by the price! Ha song and a dance deal... My reason I chose this one is at one time I was a motorcycle mechanic and I built a nice clientele basis. One of my great customers is the lead mechanic at my local Porsche dealer. I told him I was going to start looking, each one I got serious about went on his lift, plugged up and went all the way through, it's kinda scary what they see in the history on the dealer system and on the ecu. Anyway he gave me two big thumbs up on this one... So I pulled the trigger. I have had no complaints. We put new tires on it, alignment, COMPLETE service, on and on. We are down now to replacing silly things like the clips on the mirror adjuster switch and silly things like that. The exterior looks great, driveline doesn't leak, and has a few mods that are pretty cool, muffler by-pass, factory aero, pedals, custom painted interior..... He said it is not flashed though, if it was they took it back to factory before selling. So before I bite off on that I wondered how many miles these cars are good for? He says forever but also stated after warranty he doesn't see a tremendous number of them, understandable. So just wanted to see what you guys have out there as far as milage. I only drive it about three times a week so my 13k/yr will drop significantly soon!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
There is a guy over at rennlist that has 245K if I recall correctly. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Car should be fine, if not, hope you got it for a really good price and plenty of money left over. I think another member had IMS issues with his 05' at 70K+ miles.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I have researched the Ims issue in-depth, I believe the issue was resolved by the 06 model, per the forums, and I was told there was a tell-tell sign. Regardless I'll say a prayer to the Porsche Gods! On the other hand if it does go it will cost me 20k... 10 for the motor... 10 for the turbo.... Hahahaha! Ynot, I love those numbers at the bottom 520... Yeah that seems like enough! If there's such a thing?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:24 PM
khyber will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ynot
There is a guy over at rennlist that has 245K if I recall correctly. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Car should be fine, if not, hope you got it for a really good price and plenty of money left over. I think another member had IMS issues with his 05' at 70K+ miles.
I tried PMing you but don't have enough posts . Don't mean to threadjack, but any chance I could get some more info on that 245k mile Porsche? Is it a 997? Any info would be great, I'd like to find out more about it .
Thanks

Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by khyber
I tried PMing you but don't have enough posts . Don't mean to threadjack, but any chance I could get some more info on that 245k mile Porsche? Is it a 997? Any info would be great, I'd like to find out more about it .
Thanks
I login everyday and read many many threads, can't say I remember all of them. It's on rennlist, join and start reading. lol. I would have to do the same to find it. I read it on the 997 section so I assume it's a 997, that is the only section I read over there unlike 6speed, when I have time I tried to read all the new post.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by khyber
Thanks
Renn poster going by Macster has put that milage on a boxster if I am remembering right. You can search it.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Congratulations on driving that car. I'm only approaching 30k on my 06 C2S cab, and I use mine as a daily driver. How has your reliability/maintenance experience been? Any component failures or replacements besides brakes?
Actually he has one month and 500 miles under his belt so far. Good luck op

Old 09-23-2011, 10:30 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
I bought my 2006 c2 with 39k miles on it. I think it runs great! Got a 4 yr warranty from the dealer.I absolutely love it!