997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT front bumper grin-vent install on regular 997 front bumper...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
if your installing the screens on the cenver vent, there may be one small problem. if you look at the picture below, the GT3 has some plastic housing behind the retaining frame center. if your just putting on the retaining frame center, then you'll be fine. but if your gonna sandwich the center grille screen, you may need those other housing parts. an alternative is just to glue the grille screen to the retaining frame center. in this picture, the center grille screen is snapped in place in the GT3 bumper. what you see here is the other housing parts you may need

Old 09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
if your installing the screens on the cenver vent, there may be one small problem. if you look at the picture below, the GT3 has some plastic housing behind the retaining frame center. if your just putting on the retaining frame center, then you'll be fine. but if your gonna sandwich the center grille screen, you may need those other housing parts. an alternative is just to glue the grille screen to the retaining frame center

Yeah, I see that. If that is the case, I will just glue it in place.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:57 PM
glue should work fine but will require making templates. the other route is to find out if that shourd back there will work on a non-gt3. do you have any pictures with your bumper off? whats in that area?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by leneuromancer
appears this is a popular Cayman mod..

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...installed.html
http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...ig-sucess.html
http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...nt-grille.html

*thought* there was a long thread with detailed pics that show using a dremel tool to cut the bumper, etc. but couldn't find it - an exercise best left to ...you
You were probably looking for:

Cayman Club: GT3 Grill Install

Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
glue should work fine but will require making templates. the other route is to find out if that shourd back there will work on a non-gt3. do you have any pictures with your bumper off? whats in that area?
No, No pictures with the bumper off yet.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
i'll check my pictures when i get home

Looking forward to those pictures of the GT bumper from inside to show how the top vent is attached on the factory bumper.....

Old 09-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Minok
Looking forward to those pictures of the GT bumper from inside to show how the top vent is attached on the factory bumper.....
sorry for the delay, i just got back from TH a few moments go anycase, i check all my pictures for both the GT3 grille installs i've done... and i didnt find any back side of the bumper which clearly shows the vent. i dont know how soon your gonna need this picture, but i plan to work on another 7gt3 bumper grille really soon. at that time i'll take better pictures.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Groovy... take some good ones next time.. I'm not in a super hurry.

My car doesn't get built until Oct 2, so the delivery is around late Nov/ early Dec. But I've got the vent already sitting here ready to go...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:27 PM
GraSox is on a distinguished road
vent in 997 bumper

Hey guys,
I did this exact mod......took it to a body shop and they did the install.
I'll answer any questions. It was glued w/ epoxy and it didn't sit completely flat on the bumper but they put black (car is black) silicone around the edge. Looks fine. I didn't want the issues w/ the ground clearance.
No issues and looks great!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I think the issues of things not sitting flat pertain to the fact that the interface between the vent and the stock 997 bumper doesn't have the correct mounting hardware or choices. In your case they could work around that with other materials. Others have used mechanical parts on the inside to structurally sandwich things together.

Thats why I'm very interested in seeing how that vent is actually attached on a real GT front bumper cover, as it will provide better guidance on how to proceed in the install without having the resulting gaps/sag between the vent and the now unsupported 997 stock bumper cover.

Thats why DaytonaViolet's pictures will be so informative.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 PM
minok,

i posted some pictures for you on this thread i hope it helps.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ra-anyone.html

Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 PM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
anyone have picks of this mod?