997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The winter cleaning starts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:10 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
The winter cleaning starts...

And VF Supercharger install:

Since I store my car during bad weather(and don't drive it in the rain) I clean it every year top to bottom(and really do concentrate many hours on the underneath)!
Here are a couple of pics of the wheel arches and contents cleaned.Even took off the rear bumper and tin work so I could polish up the inside tin work.Amazing how much road grime and asphalt from all the paving that was done over the summer gets trapped in there!
And my car is only a sunny day car!

Starting to think I have problems,LOL!
Do love lookin' at a clean car for the next 5 months!
I have it on jack stands as you can see but looking at buying a BendPak scissor lift.Any input on these two choices would be greatly appreciated....
http://www.bendpak.com/products/auto...ifts/sp-7x.php
http://www.bendpak.com/products/auto...fts/md-6xp.php

Are these a safe way to lift our cars with all the plastic underneath?
Maybe just need to machine up some blocks so as it sits on the jacking points!?

Last edited by justatoy; 12-14-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:13 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Wow, looks beautiful. I'm planning on using the clay bar over Thanksgiving weekend and doing a coat of wax for winter. Wish I could take mine off the road as well but it's the DD.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brownan
Wow, looks beautiful. I'm planning on using the clay bar over Thanksgiving weekend and doing a coat of wax for winter. Wish I could take mine off the road as well but it's the DD.
Clay bar is my best friend.Love how smooth it gets,throw a rag on the hood and watch it slide ever so slowly to the ground,LOL!
That will be the last thing I will do!

Old 11-16-2008, 04:45 PM
ZOMG is on a distinguished road
WOW
that's what I call a FULL detail

Old 11-16-2008, 04:47 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Stacy,
Holy shi_. My wife thought I was _ucked up....... Thank u 4 the thread. Any time she questions my OCD, I will have her read your thread
Jim

Old 11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Stacy,
Holy shi_. My wife thought I was _ucked up....... Thank u 4 the thread. Any time she questions my OCD, I will have her read your thread
Jim
ROFL...my wife gave up on me a long time ago!
Glad I could help you out Jim.
She comes home and sees the car on jackstands,wheels off and so forth and she shakes her head!
You should see me clean house!

What can I say....love clean and having things look perfect.
I can't afford to let the valuables waste away(or at least my excuse)!

Last edited by justatoy; 11-16-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy,

Don't drive it in the rain, I guess you only drive it 100 days a year or less.

I thought I was making a step in the right direction by getting my car detailed last week. I was getting attached to the track scars, and I miss them now that they are almost all gone!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:08 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Stacy,

Don't drive it in the rain, I guess you only drive it 100 days a year or less.

I thought I was making a step in the right direction by getting my car detailed last week. I was getting attached to the track scars, and I miss them now that they are almost all gone!

thats right, I forgot u guys got crap weather. Stacy if it rains when you are driving, what do u do?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
thats right, I forgot u guys got crap weather. Stacy if it rains when you are driving, what do u do?

I think I only put 2,000 miles on it since I have owned it!
Never been caught in the weather yet and yes it rains alot here!
Just really watch the weather...if dark clouds are present,car will not leave the garage.In the case it does happen that I am out and it rains,do some fancy driving AROUND the rain drops,LOL?!
On my last car,owned it 3 years put only 400 miles on it! Those miles were put on in Arizona too(love that place),maybe 50 of those miles here in Vancouver !!!
WOW,I need help or need to move,LOL!

Stacy

PS planning the next trip to AZ in febuary....

Last edited by justatoy; 11-17-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:03 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by justatoy
On my last car,owned it 3 years put only 400 miles on it! Those miles were put on in Arizona too(love that place),maybe 50 of those miles here in Vancouver !!!
I don't know whether to feel sad for you or what...

Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, you have serious problems, I think many of us are **** with our cars, ie parking out way in the corner next to no cars, covers in the garage, etc... but you my friend have gone about 10 levels over the edge.. DRIVE THE F@$#@ing CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Dude, you have serious problems, I think many of us are **** with our cars, ie parking out way in the corner next to no cars, covers in the garage, etc... but you my friend have gone about 10 levels over the edge.. DRIVE THE F@$#@ing CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, I though I was doing a good job avoiding things, only hit three cones on the track all year, they were all minor scuffs on the plastic rock shields. Detailer managed to get them out.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by justatoy
I think I only put 2,000 miles on it since I have owned it!
Never been caught in the weather yet and yes it rains alot here!
Just really watch the weather...if dark clouds are present,car will not leave the garage.In the case it does happen that I am out and it rains,do some fancy driving AROUND the rain drops,LOL?!
WOW,I need help or need to move,LOL!

Stacy

PS planning the next trip to AZ in febuary....
Stacy,

I drove more on the track this year then you drove your car. You do need to drive it more. The wipers work really well.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:45 AM
I dont know about everyone, but when I get ready to sell my car, I am sending to Stacy for a detail. I figure I can get an addditional 4k with that much detail. I am a fellow 6speeder so the cost should be free Heh we all love these cars.....nothin wrong with it. Check out town porsche website. They have a C4S cab (black) 4 sale. Look at the end of the invoice comments. this dude had this thing in a sealed bag for christ sakes. If anyone is looking for a new car used, this is it. Tryin to get my buddy to go 4 it. Cant get him around the color.(its a ***** to detail)

Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
mysticalec is on a distinguished road
haha amazing dedication in keeping the car clean!
I guess I know who the 'go to' guy will be in terms of how to keep the car in pristine condition!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The winter cleaning starts...