997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

X51 Power Kit for 997.II - 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 AM
BillyBob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
we have over 400k miles on our cayman S turbo systems all over the world. The official release hasnt been made for the 997.1 but we do have cars. We are also close on the .2. give us a little more time
I should have been clearer and asked the question on a per engine basis. A single long term durability test represents well over 100K miles

Old 10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
No problem man, we have one client with 48k miles on his w/no hiccups. Also have a lot more with track miles... what is 1 track mile worth? Expect a full release soon!

Check that out for our current offering!

http://tpcracing.com/products/TPCRac...n-S-Turbo-Kit/

Casey

Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
No problem man, we have one client with 48k miles on his w/no hiccups. Also have a lot more with track miles... what is 1 track mile worth? Expect a full release soon!

Check that out for our current offering!

http://tpcracing.com/products/TPCRac...n-S-Turbo-Kit/

Casey
Could you elaborate more about differences between supercharger and turbo kits you offer for 3.6L engine - what are max power boosts on both, what are pluses and minuses of both setups, which one is easier to install, do they all require third radiator, new injectors, re-program of ECU or piggy-back, etc. , etc.

Descriptions on your web site are quite generic.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
ummmmmmmm...YES!!

the X51 powerkit is one of the most badazz options you can do to a 911 in my mind. The extra power and sound nad knowing its all from Porsche is just so cool. To me, when i see 911's with PCCB's and X51 kits i bow down. Its not that you CANT get a GT3 its that you got the PERFECT 911 S/C4S.

To me, the fact that your even asking means you want it ....and if you dont get it, youll prally spend almost as much to mod your car to X51 levels. Why not just do it right?

And the whole "value" thing is just nuts. Seriously, since when is speccing a brand new Porsche a value in any stretch of the imagination???

One vote for X51 here

Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Could you elaborate more about differences between supercharger and turbo kits you offer for 3.6L engine - what are max power boosts on both, what are pluses and minuses of both setups, which one is easier to install, do they all require third radiator, new injectors, re-program of ECU or piggy-back, etc. , etc.

Descriptions on your web site are quite generic.
Wait for the official release. We do all ecu/6 injectors now.

Casey

Old 10-26-2009, 02:32 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DaveC
The problem w/ X51 is that it is a very poor value, even by Porsche standards, although it does include PSE ($2800US). The power and torque gains are undetectable for most drivers in most conditions. There is essentially no resale value for X51 based on previous model history. I'm not sure I buy into the mantra of "better get a GT3", while the GT3 can be pressed into DD duty, the wing is not something I care to drive around town with, and the ride height is also an issue unless you spring for the front end lift. The 385HP of the current S is quite satisfying for most drivers in the majority of DD conditions, IMHO.
Sounds about right....

Old 10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
@ $735/hp it is hard to justify IMO.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:32 PM
nine11 is on a distinguished road
Love the GT3. But I love the cabrio too. In my case, the C4S X51 is a nice blend, wide tailed, clean looking and doesn't look like a boy racer. It's quick, especially through twisties and when are roads less than perfect. Sorry, I don't buy into modding, it can be hit and miss. Not even turbos, the sound is muffled. Straight-line speed lasts 3.2 seconds ..... then what? All of our cars throw us back in the seat. All of our cars go round corners like on rails. Driver involvement is my call. I picked up my car from the Porsche centre the other day after a service. Even people working there surrounded by Porsches everyday comment on the bad boy sound of the 3.8 X51. It has a distinctive note. Anybody who buys an S should tick the box. If you want a GT3 then tick that box. Heck tick the RS box too. They are different purpose cars. I reiterate, love the GT3, I want both. I can't understand this value for money argument, you are buying a Porsche which you trust and respect. You wouldn't tinker to save. Keep the warranty, get the engine life and enjoy X51.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
sclemmons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
ummmmmmmm...YES!!

the X51 powerkit is one of the most badazz options you can do to a 911 in my mind. The extra power and sound nad knowing its all from Porsche is just so cool. To me, when i see 911's with PCCB's and X51 kits i bow down. Its not that you CANT get a GT3 its that you got the PERFECT 911 S/C4S.

To me, the fact that your even asking means you want it ....and if you dont get it, youll prally spend almost as much to mod your car to X51 levels. Why not just do it right?

And the whole "value" thing is just nuts. Seriously, since when is speccing a brand new Porsche a value in any stretch of the imagination???

One vote for X51 here
I agree.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I saw a GT3 with full leather, SC and some other options, but no PCCB's. MSRP was only $122k. 425 hp, right? I've seen plenty of C2S's for $110k. You can actually get the GT3 cheaper. Center lock wheels and all. As was said early in the thread, you don't get the resale value out of the X51 either.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:50 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I'll get one used w/ the X51.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 AM
BillyBob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ryem3
I saw a GT3 with full leather, SC and some other options, but no PCCB's. MSRP was only $122k. 425 hp, right? I've seen plenty of C2S's for $110k. You can actually get the GT3 cheaper. Center lock wheels and all. As was said early in the thread, you don't get the resale value out of the X51 either.
You're right about the price of some C2S & C4S cars out there: some have a crazy amount of interior options. But the fact remains that as great as the GT3 is, some people need the occasional use of rear seats.

I for one would hate to leave my 3 year old out of the driving experience: the kid is already a gear head & Porsche enthusiast due to a strict diet of Top Gear, this forum and Youtube.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
I don't regret my X51 decision ever...

Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Different folks... Different strokes...

Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 AM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TPCRacing
we have over 400k miles on our cayman S turbo systems all over the world. The official release hasnt been made for the 997.1 but we do have cars. We are also close on the .2. give us a little more time

Promisses promisses Casey, three years have passed!!!! where´s the .2 Turbo kit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X51 Power Kit for 997.II - 2010