997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

HRE Center caps??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
$100 bucks

Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JmanE55
Let me know R.
send me a pm......

Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
center caps

I have a 09 Carrera with 19" S Wheels. I am a fan of the murdered out look and had the wheels powdercoated at a local performance shop. Powdercoating for the wheels is stronger and more chip resistant than paint. The center caps with the crest were taped off and painted-looks great...

Attached Images   
Old 11-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Sharky996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Yeah, the shiny/chrome plastic center caps that came with my P40's didn't thrill me either (especially since my wheels were in the brushed finish). I went back with my Porsche OEM center caps. I'll be interested in what you find.
I've got a set of P40's on order and will only arrive in a few weeks. Are you saying that HRE crests on P40's are interchangeable with the OEM wheel crests from my stock wheels? Or is it a special request from HRE?

If they are interchangeable, then it's a pleasant surprise for me, and I've got some options other than what comes with the wheel. Do let me know. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sharky996
I've got a set of P40's on order and will only arrive in a few weeks. Are you saying that HRE crests on P40's are interchangeable with the OEM wheel crests from my stock wheels? Or is it a special request from HRE?

If they are interchangeable, then it's a pleasant surprise for me, and I've got some options other than what comes with the wheel. Do let me know. Thanks!
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here when you say "HRE crests", but the HRE center caps fit the HRE P40's obviously but the Porsche OEM center caps will also fit the HRE P40's so you can go with either. Does that make sense? If not, drop me a PM or respond back on this thread and hopefully myself or someone else can help you out.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Sharky996 is on a distinguished road
Yes, you've answered my question perfectly. Thanks! At least now I know I have the option of re-using my Porsche center caps on my P40's. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it looks on the car to make a better judgment.

One thing though, I ordered P40's in Gloss Black. Does anyone know if HRE deliver black wheels with black-background HRE center caps, or the regular silver background type?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:39 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sharky996
Yes, you've answered my question perfectly. Thanks! At least now I know I have the option of re-using my Porsche center caps on my P40's. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it looks on the car to make a better judgment.

One thing though, I ordered P40's in Gloss Black. Does anyone know if HRE deliver black wheels with black-background HRE center caps, or the regular silver background type?
Silver. They dont offer anything black. Thats why I had to get the black Porsche caps made. I think it crazy they make black wheels, but dont offer a black style cap.