997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Product, Valentine One Mounting Bracket (G Bracket) for Porsche 997 by G Rides

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akim47
wow, looks great! i think i recall my valentine coming with the hardwiring kit... does anyone know if its easy to order more wiring if it can't be found?

Thank you. We will have hardwire kits with the Add-A-Fuse and Ground Connector already installed available. Have a couple now with more in the works. The Add-A-Fuse are great, allows for no cutting or splicing as it just plugs right into the fuse panel like a standard fuse would.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
Removing and reinstalling the A-Pillar Cover on the Coupes is a little tricky, Cabriolet's are much easier. Here are some pictures and info to help with the Coupes to help when Hardwiring into your Fuse Panel.

Start by removing the Hanger Holder Piece, pry from the base, then lift up to release the tab. I try to pry up with just my fingers, if that doesn't work, try to use some type of plastic wedge rather than a metal screwdirver.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar18.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar7.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  122.4 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar17.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  91.1 KB

Please have a look at these to get an idea how the Hanger Cover is held in. The 2-bottom tabs pop in and out of place, the top is more hinged.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar8.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar9.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  60.5 KB

Here is the A-Pillar removed so you may see what holds it in place. No screws or bolts, just poped in and out of place with metal prongs (5 Prongs total) and a tab at the base that inserts by the dash board.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar1.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar2.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  57.3 KB

This portion runs along the windshield, note the 2-Prongs. Also note the tab that inserts into a slot by the dashboard.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar6.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar3.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  85.5 KB

This portion runs along the headliner, note the 3-Prongs.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar5jpg.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar4.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  73.7 KB

Please note this Plastic Post, which insert in hole towards the top of the windshield. It's tricky to see when installing, but look to make sure this is going into it's home so you don't break it off or have to wonder why your A-Pillar Cover doesn't seem to be fitting right.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar12.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  96.1 KB

Ok so once the Hanger holder is off, work your fingers under the A-Pillar cover and start to pull those prongs free from their homes. I start around the top near where the headliner and windshield meet. Once the Prongs are pulled free, which will make a little noise, carefully slip the back of the A-Pillar Cover free from the B-Pillar Cover, it just sits behind it a little as seen in this picture.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar17.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  91.1 KB

This is with the A-Pillar Cover slipped by the B-Pillar Cover. You may have to bow the A-Pillar Cover a little to work it free here and reinstall, just be carefull and take your time. You don't need to be very forcefull here.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar16.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  58.4 KB

Once the Prongs are released and you have the back of the A-Pillar Cover past the B-Pillar Cover, carefully lower the A-Pillar cover down towards the floor (watch out for your headrest and seat belt). Lowering the A-Pillar Cover down now frees the tab at the front bottom portion of the A-Pillar Cover where it inserts into the slot and groove by the dash board.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar15.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar14.jpg
Views: 1355
Size:  81.8 KB

Once the bottom portion of the A-Pillar Cover is free from the dash, just carefully take it out of the cabin as it should be totally free now.

Name:  997CoupeAPillar13.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  997CoupeAPillar19.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  77.4 KB

Reinstalling is basically reverse order. Insert into dash, sneak by B-Pillar Cover, line your Prongs and that plastic post up. Once things are lined up, start to press back in place, will make a little noise again. The first time you do this it can be a little intimidating but it's not that bad. The biggest thing is being patient and somewhat gentle, the most force needed should be to release the Prongs. Other than that you should not be using a lot of force. If you are not real comfortable with doing this and you're not too far from San Luis Obispo, CA you're welcome to bring your Porsche over to G Rides .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
997CoupeAPillar17.jpg (91.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 02-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
I'd like to thank 6Speed Member BartN (TX) for helping us out. BartN (TX) was kind enough to test fit our 997 G Bracket for Auto Dimming Mirror in his Manual Mirror equipped 997 GT3. From that we've learned the 997 Manual Dimming Mirror equipped cars will require a different G Bracket. So please note that our current G Bracket will not fit the 997 Manual Dimming Mirror. Thanks again BartN (TX).

997 Auto Dimming Mirror G Brackets are in-stock, please let me know if you have any questions or how we may be of service.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gary@G Rides
I'd like to thank 6Speed Member BartN (TX) for helping us out. BartN (TX) was kind enough to test fit our 997 G Bracket for Auto Dimming Mirror in his Manual Mirror equipped 997 GT3. From that we've learned the 997 Manual Dimming Mirror equipped cars will require a different G Bracket. So please note that our current G Bracket will not fit the 997 Manual Dimming Mirror. Thanks again BartN (TX).

997 Auto Dimming Mirror G Brackets are in-stock, please let me know if you have any questions or how we may be of service.
I like to add my impression of the bracket. The quality was first rate. It fit in nicely with the interior. Installation was a complete non-event. I had the trim piece unclipped and the unit mounted in 3-5 minutes and that's without knowing what I was doing.

For a manual mirrored car it does need to come up significantly to avoid obstructing the driver's view. I'm sure the manual version Gary's going to produce will fix that issue.

Finally, I'd like to add that working with Gary was a pleasure and and he couldn't have been any more easy to work with or more accomodating. Thanks Gary.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Good to know! I will definitely be ordering one of these in the very near future.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
I like to add my impression of the bracket. The quality was first rate. It fit in nicely with the interior. Installation was a complete non-event. I had the trim piece unclipped and the unit mounted in 3-5 minutes and that's without knowing what I was doing.

For a manual mirrored car it does need to come up significantly to avoid obstructing the driver's view. I'm sure the manual version Gary's going to produce will fix that issue.

Finally, I'd like to add that working with Gary was a pleasure and and he couldn't have been any more easy to work with or more accomodating. Thanks Gary.
Thank you, was a pleasure dealing with you.

Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Good to know! I will definitely be ordering one of these in the very near future.
I look forward to your order. The G Bracket would be the perfect Valentines Day Present for your Valentine One.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Jalbrah is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Gary@G Rides;2649181]

Route the hardwire as seen and 2-small black zip ties tiddy the hardwire cord well as seen and are fairly descreet.

Gary - how do you actually hardwire the unit? I have the auto-dimming mirrors in my car, but would like to know how my V1 would connect to it before ordering this great unit.

Thanks!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
insp185 is on a distinguished road
Here is a link to info regarding how to hardwire a V-1:

New Product, Valentine One Mounting Bracket (G Bracket) Made for 997 by G Rides

Scroll down through the thread and there is a good write-up and pictures. I have this bracket and the hardwire installed on my 997TT and it works very well.

Ken

Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Thank you. We will have hardwire kits with the Add-A-Fuse and Ground Connector already installed available. Have a couple now with more in the works. The Add-A-Fuse are great, allows for no cutting or splicing as it just plugs right into the fuse panel like a standard fuse would.
Do you have the hardwire kits available?

Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bonehead
Do you have the hardwire kits available?
I have one available right now.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:06 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
I have one available right now.
What exactly does that include?

Old 02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bonehead
What exactly does that include?
Would be the cord with an Add-A-Fuse, soldered and shrink wrapped (with 2-5 Amp Fuses), a Ground Terminal, much like what you see in this picture. The most difficult part of the install would be to run the cord, once in place it's pretty much plug-n-play.

Name:  v1install3.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  85.2 KB

Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Here's a couple pictures of our latest Hardwire Kit. This one is going out today but we'll have more available soon. Add-A-Fuse is soldered and shrink wrapped, ground post is a WeatherProof piece and the fuses are included. Makes for a clean install of your Radar Detector without cutting or splicing on your car.

Name:  HardwireKit1.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  HardwireKit2.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  81.6 KB

Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor
Hardwire Kits are back in-stock now.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Gary,

I want to purchase a hardwire kit and bracket. I saw the bracket on your site, but where can I order the hardwire kit?

Thanks,

Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Product, Valentine One Mounting Bracket (G Bracket) for Porsche 997 by G Rides