997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Black Lobster claw love (see pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Sev
Sev will become famous soon enoughSev will become famous soon enough
Black Lobster claw love (see pics)

Hi All,

Weather is getting warmer so I had a chance to go to summer mode...

This look is probably not for everyone. I got a good deal on some black lobster claws. I had the stock 18s on the car and I find the lobsters make a nice difference, car looks meaner and more exotic IMO...

The rear has 7mm H&R spacers.

I really love these wheels, I find that the ride stayed the same compared to the 18s.

Attached Images     
Old 04-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Sev
For those interested, here is a pic that shows rear offset. We are looking at an effective offset of 44 as the stock rears are 51.

Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Looks good, now all it needs are black lugnuts to match,

Old 04-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Sev
Originally Posted by rockstardoc
Looks good, now all it needs are black lugnuts to match,
Thanks. Lug bolts were a pain in the a$$. I needed longer lug bolts because of the spacers. The ones sent with the wheels didnt have the same type of conic ball seat so I didn't want to use them.

I ended up getting porsche OEM extended lug bolts and locks that come with the 5mm OEM spacers. I measured the bolts and they are approximately 7mms longer than OEM so they were a perfect match for the H&R 7mm spacers... All this to say that I will stay with the non black bolts . Don't feel like going through bolt BS again.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Looks quite hard-core. The bolts make it even more so. Cool. And I can't believe that with 7mm spacers the track still looks like it could be stock. I've not taken a close look at a non-S/no-spacers in a while. They're a must-do. I only wish I had gotten more aggressive than the 5mm ones on mine.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Sev
Originally Posted by Verde
Looks quite hard-core. The bolts make it even more so. Cool. And I can't believe that with 7mm spacers the track still looks like it could be stock. I've not taken a close look at a non-S/no-spacers in a while. They're a must-do. I only wish I had gotten more aggressive than the 5mm ones on mine.
Thought about moving the 7s to the front and placing 14s in the rear. I think it would be a little too aggressive. I especialy would not want to mess with the front geometry. The car already tramlines a little on crappy roads. I believe 10mm spacers would be perfect for the back. So an offsent of around 41 for a rear weel on an 11 inch rim would be great. They don't exit though. The 7s did make a difference for sure, I didn't take before and afters but when I put them on, it really felt like the wheels came out or maybe it was mental...

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is on a distinguished road
Those wheels look wonderful. Do you know if they are powder-coated or painted?

I also like the silver lugs....

great looking car...

Matt

Old 04-12-2009, 12:15 PM
petener999 is on a distinguished road
Very nice set up.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 PM
DPorcella@sbcgl will become famous soon enough
I never thought I liked the lobsters until I saw your pics. Nice job!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Sev
thanks guys. The wheels are painted. The paint on them is kind of cheap too as it cracks easy. So far no problem in the front, just the mounting surface in the back. I got a really good deal on them and they were newly painted. Worse case, I am going to get them powdercoated next winter, either black or the same color of the car.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:30 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
That's badass...awesome!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:06 AM
RED05CS is on a distinguished road
How is the ride with the H&R springs?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Sev
Originally Posted by RED05CS
How is the ride with the H&R springs?
With Porsche recommended full load tire pressures (37 44) it is rough and underdamped.
With Porsche recommended regular load tire pressures (33 39) it is good.
I am running (34 37) and the car is great on really bumpy and bad Quebec roads. It is not a cadillac but it is as comfortable as any sports car i've owned over the years.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
They match the black top.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
looks great with your color combo and black top

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Lobster claw love (see pics)