997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to prepare for the arrival of my 2011 C4S!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
kkapoor is on a distinguished road
How to prepare for the arrival of my 2011 C4S!

Hey everyone, I had posted in April during the order process for my 2011 C4S. A lot of your guys had provided great advice. I am happy to say that the car is on its way from Germany!

(Order Thread)

I wanted to know if there were any requirements you guys consider essential. i.e.

1. Should I have a separate set of winter wheels or should I change the tires as required.
2. Any accessories that are a must i.e. rubber floor mats etc.

Unfortunately being 30 years old, living in Toronto and having a speeding ticket on my record means that the lowest insurance rate I could get is $2500/yr but so be it. I can't wait till it arrives and will post pics when it's here.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Where you live, yes, I would get a set of 18" rims with N-rated winter tires.
If you drive it in the snow, sure, deep rubber mats from Weathertech are better.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM
drknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud of
you,d better get prepared when your 997mk2c4s arrives in 2011 that a view months later the 991 is introduced

sorry i didn,t want to hurt your feelings.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by drknauf
you,d better get prepared when your 997mk2c4s arrives in 2011 that a view months later the 991 is introduced

Lol! It doesn't arrive in 2011, the model year is 2011. It arrives in a couple of weeks.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:31 PM
erenyes is on a distinguished road
Um.....doh

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !

The 991 will only be announced next year as a 2012 model if not later. Besides, many 911 fans may not like the new 991...

Of course you did.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by adias
Where you live, yes, I would get a set of 18" rims with N-rated winter tires.
If you drive it in the snow, sure, deep rubber mats from Weathertech are better.
Thanks adias. I've already started to look into a few mods as well such as a TUBI exhaust.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by kkapoor
Thanks adias. I've already started to look into a few mods as well such as a TUBI exhaust.
Why don't you leave the car stock for a while and enjoy it? It's always better to deal with early warranty issues with a bone stock car. Later if you think you need changes then consider it.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Why don't you leave the car stock for a while and enjoy it? It's always better to deal with early warranty issues with a bone stock car. Later if you think you need changes then consider it.
That's a good idea. Drive it the way it was meant to be from the factory first... see what you like/dislike first and maybe then find out what you want to improve upon- if anything

Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
drknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud of
couple of weeks for the 2011 model will be the 1st of august then?

i can,t wait for the pics to come

Old 06-21-2010, 03:11 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Very good idea...unless you want to change aesthetic stuff. That would be OK to do as soon as you want...But the performance mods, good idea to wait awhile...

Who knows, you may love it exactly the way it is and not want to change a thing. Thats fine as well. My car is my daily driver on the streets of Los Angeles. I have no need to ever do any performance mods on it. Would be a big waste of time, energy and $$$. I have no desire to track it.

Good luck and enjoy!

Many years of happy and healthy driving,

Steve

Old 06-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
That's a good idea. Drive it the way it was meant to be from the factory first... see what you like/dislike first and maybe then find out what you want to improve upon- if anything
And afterwards... if he needs a new exhaust talk to Alex.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
couple of weeks for the 2011 model will be the 1st of august then?

i can,t wait for the pics to come

Yes you can wait... it is exactly the same car.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
and afterwards... If he needs a new exhaust talk to alex.
lol!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Agreed! I plan on taking a little road trip from Toronto to Boston to give the engine a little break in.

The car is ONVESL at the moment, it should come into port of Halifax by the end of the week and then by train to Toronto.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to prepare for the arrival of my 2011 C4S!