997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 IPD Plenum Install....

Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
windblow will become famous soon enough
If and when the group buy happens, I'm in.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
thats awesome news the IPD never drops below stock maps. Will like to see the Dyno with the exhaust after Friday. Man and I said i wasnt goin to mod my baby

Old 11-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by IPD Greg
Greetings again,

All that being said, Our offer was for a free install ($150-$200 value), Free dyno test ($250 value) and no sales tax ($95 value). But in an effort to sweeten the deal we’ll make the price on the DFI plenum $695 ($400 value).

Cheers Again,
IPD Greg
Greg,
How detailed is the install? Is it a 1-2 hrs diy for a c2s?

Old 11-17-2010, 03:01 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by windblow
Greg,
Ditto, is it the same as a Gen 1 install??

Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by windblow
Greg,
We've installed 6 997.2 DFI Plenums to date and they have taken between 30 minutes and 1.5 hours to complete. The main issue we've experienced is a tight wiring harness behind the driver's side "half moon" 2 piece manifold clamps.

It's difficult to gauge everybody's mechanical aptitude but we strongly suggest that the DFI Plenums be installed by a trained Porsche technician. If a DIY wants to give it go then we recommend liberally using WD40 to allow the Plenum to easily slip and slide into position during the Plenum install process.

The DFI Plenums are considerably more difficult to install than previous Carrera Plenum applications. Hopefully this helps shed a little more light on the subject.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the first 997.2 DFI Plenum Dyno Test

As you can see, the gains were even more impressive with our first test car. Max gains were even higher beyond 6850 RPM (another 1/2 of HP) but we don't typically count that area of the power curve when quoting performance gains.

We even have another bone stock car coming in tomorrow as well as a slightly mooded 997.2 on Friday. There's just no substitute for dyno testing.

That being said, We must politely say that this "Special Offer" is now closed. Thanks again to everyone for all their interest, consideration and enthusiasm.

Of course more dynos will be coming soon.

Name:  9972DFICarreraS01AWeb.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  249.0 KB

Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
again, thanks for stepping up, IPD!

Keep those graphs coming, they are sure tempting......I wonder what santa claus is bringing me this year?

Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned
A Third 997.2 DFI Plenum Test

Greetings again 6 Speeders,

Well after all this relentless dyno testing we are not only exhausted but also pleased to announce that we are 3 for 3 on the DFI Plenum dyno tests, with the last test car delivering the most impressive gains and best results. IPD would once again like to extend our sincere gratitude to all the 6 Speed members who inspired this blind volunteer test offer.

As always, IPD is continually striving to develop the best after-market Porsche parts that deliver the best Porsche performance on the market. Although we extensively test all of our Plenums before they are released to the public, it always great to pass the “Public Challenge”.

This is the same Plenum, tested on the same dyno, tested on 3 different days, tested on 3 different 997.2 Carrera “S” cars with 3 different customers. All 3 volunteers were unknown to us before their testing day and they all came from right here on 6 Speed. All 3 customers were present at each of the test sessions and all 3 customers left with expectations exceeded.

Thanks again to all who volunteered and participated in this special IPD offer. We look forward to bringing even more dyno test sessions to the 6 Speed community in the future.

Cheers,
IPD Greg

Name:  9972DFICarreraS03A72.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  262.2 KB

Name:  9972DFICarreraS03BWeb.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  232.1 KB

Last edited by IPD Greg; 11-19-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:31 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Excellent gains I think for just this mod!

What correction are you running on the DD?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
Excellent gains I think for just this mod!

What correction are you running on the DD?
Excellent question Kouzman.

This dyno operator does not incorporate any "corrections" during his dyno testing.

One main reason for this is, the dyno itself is located about 15 feet above sea level and less than a mile from the beach which helps eliminate the needs for any altitude / air corrections.

Secondly, we always try to perform all Plenum dyno tests within the same hour while the car remains strapped to the dyno. This helps eliminate any variables and need for any corrections as well.

Testing performance products "back to back" against OE factory components immediately helps to better yield a true "apples to apples" comparison. If the environmental conditions are vastly different from each test session we tend to only use the test results for our own in-house evaluations.

We also like using Auto Wave to conduct a lot of dyno testing because they are truly “independent”, VERY reputable and highly respected in the industry. They also use the Dyno Dynamics dyno which has been given the nick name, “Heartbreaker”. This helps keep tuners honest.

Thanks again for the insightful and excellent question.

Cheers Again,
IPD Greg

Old 11-18-2010, 07:33 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Tempting indeed...
Group buy anyone?
Pictures for those who might attempt DIY?
Would it be required to re-map the ECU on already modded cars (Softronic in my case)?

Old 11-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by John McLane
Tempting indeed...
Group buy anyone?
Pictures for those who might attempt DIY?
Would it be required to re-map the ECU on already modded cars (Softronic in my case)?
+1 what he said.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:58 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Excellent question Kouzman.

This dyno operator does not incorporate any "corrections" during his dyno testing.

One main reason for this is, the dyno itself is located about 15 feet above sea level and less than a mile from the beach which helps eliminate the needs for any altitude / air corrections.

Secondly, we always try to perform all Plenum dyno tests within the same hour while the car remains strapped to the dyno. This helps eliminate any variables and need for any corrections as well.

Testing performance products "back to back" against OE factory components immediately helps to better yield a true "apples to apples" comparison. If the environmental conditions are vastly different from each test session we tend to only use the test results for our own in-house evaluations.

We also like using Auto Wave to conduct a lot of dyno testing because they are truly “independent”, VERY reputable and highly respected in the industry. They also use the Dyno Dynamics dyno which has been given the nick name, “Heartbreaker”. This helps keep tuners honest.

Thanks again for the insightful and excellent question.

Cheers Again,
IPD Greg
thank you for the info...

The reason i am asking is because i am tuning my EVO on a DD too... Typically 345 whp uncorrected on the DD would put the EVO in the 11.6 sec @ 118-120 mph on the 1/4 mile...
People were wondering how i could runs 10s @ 134-135 mph with "only" 500awhp.... .... of course on the DD 1.0cf...

Anyways...

The part is very promissing! It seems that with the typical full exhaust, intake, tune and the plenum a 997.2 s would be over 410 crank hp

Congrats again!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
IPD Greg,

This is very cool to see multiple dynos posted for the new DFI IPD plenum. I just checked out your website and it looks like IPD is in high gear building on what has always been an outstanding product line.

Last edited by Slowcart; 11-19-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 AM
911 Molar is on a distinguished road
Smile

Greetings again 6 Speeders,

Well after all this relentless dyno testing we are not only exhausted but also pleased to announce that we are 3 for 3 on the DFI Plenum dyno tests, with the last test car delivering the most impressive gains and best results. IPD would once again like to extend our sincere gratitude to all the 6 Speed members who inspired this blind volunteer test offer.

As always, IPD is continually striving to develop the best after-market Porsche parts that deliver the best Porsche performance on the market. Although we extensively test all of our Plenums before they are released to the public, it always great to pass the “Public Challenge”.

This is the same Plenum, tested on the same dyno, tested on 3 different days, tested on 3 different 997.2 Carrera “S” cars with 3 different customers. All 3 volunteers were unknown to us before their testing day and they all came from right here on 6 Speed. All 3 customers were present at each of the test sessions and all 3 customers left with expectations exceeded.

Thanks again to all who volunteered and participated in this special IPD offer. We look forward to bringing even more dyno test sessions to the 6 Speed community in the future.

Cheers,
IPD Greg

Hi there,
I am interested in the IPD plenum, however I have no Porsche dealer in my area.
1500 Km's south is closest.
Hence would you be able to send me an installation guide as I like to DIY's on my porsche.
Photos of install would be great. I cannot seem to locate on your website.
Molar

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 IPD Plenum Install....