997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 battery replacement recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
BLKonBLK911C4S is on a distinguished road
997 battery replacement recommendation

I need to replace my battery in my 997. Do I go OEM through the dealer? Any recommendations/options?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
It's a DIY. Get it from WalMart, Sam's Club or Interstate. WalMart & Sam's Club are the same but you pick up an extra year of warranty at Sam's Club. After you do the installation you will have to drive less than a mile to clear the many code faults.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKonBLK911C4S
I need to replace my battery in my 997. Do I go OEM through the dealer? Any recommendations/options?
Walmart MAXX 94R - exact replacement - $77 plus better warranty than Porsche.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Walmart MAXX 94R - exact replacement - $77 plus better warranty than Porsche.

just did mine. 5min job, faults cleared in 30secs of driving.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
rebattery is on a distinguished road
Just remember those are made in Mexico

REbattery

Old 02-04-2011, 09:34 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I had an Interstate put in my car.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Where did you buy your Interstate? Do you remember the model? I like them - seems they are very long-life and reliable.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Autozone Duralast Gold is also a good replacement.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
+1 on Walmart MAXXX 94R ($90.00) out the door with core exchange. EXACTLY same physical dimensions and physical configuration as OEM. I swapped mine out last week and left battery tender plugged in while doing so. No fault codes, inexpensive & easy install! Highly recommend!

BTW, I paid for over price interstate batt for wife car and it lasted three years..not worth expense. Next time the wife/family car gets a Walmart battery!

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 02-04-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
OEM, unless you plan to go with something of better quality. When it's time to sell (if that may happen to you) the use of OEM parts will acknowledge that you spent the extra money to make sure it ran as Porsche said it would.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
TO THE OP: If you replace your own battery, remember to connect a battery maintainer first and avoid (completely) any memory loss issues.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
the use of OEM parts will acknowledge that you spent the extra money to make sure it ran as Porsche said it would.
In a recent test German electrons were found to be 25% faster than their Mexican and US counterparts.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gloves
OEM, unless you plan to go with something of better quality. When it's time to sell (if that may happen to you) the use of OEM parts will acknowledge that you spent the extra money to make sure it ran as Porsche said it would.
If the car ran as Porsche said it would, the battery wouldn't need to be replaced if driven less than 6,000 miles/year. Duralast, Interstate, Optima, Everstart are all better quality than the OEM Moll plus they all have a warranty better than Porsche.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
If the car ran as Porsche said it would, the battery wouldn't need to be replaced if driven less than 6,000 miles/year. Duralast, Interstate, Optima, Everstart are all better quality than the OEM Moll plus they all have a warranty better than Porsche.
+1
Why pay $300 for a $100 battery?
Also, if you need a battery, investigate the cable from the alternator to the battery. Seems a common problem that will cause slow cranking and extra battery drain.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Karl B will become famous soon enough
If you want to tell the quality of a battery, weigh it. Batteries that have more plates and more lead, weigh more and will last longer. I learned this a long time ago while running a stock class in the SCCA, we would look for the cheap batteries in the same size and group, and it was always the lightest, some times by over 10 pounds compared to the others.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 battery replacement recommendation