997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does talking about these cars inspire the urge to buy one ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 02:52 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Does talking about these cars inspire the urge to buy one ?

Ok ..
I had no idea that I would consiider trading in my M3 to buy a new M3 until I chatted with a forum member about his ordered car . He talked about the options and the next thing I know out of curiosity I specd out a car for myself . Nice !!!!!!!!!

No dealership has one with these options (I called three) to my taste and I haven't bought one.. Yet !!!!!

So who here came to the forum to just to learn a little bit about a 997 and now has one ?

Old 05-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
I've always known I wanted a Porsche..
started posting here after buying one...
I did lurk the forum a few days before pulling the trigger to see what problems I should expect to encounter...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:38 AM
AusRedNeck is on a distinguished road
yes it does

Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 AM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
So who here came to the forum to just to learn a little bit about a 997 and now has one ?
Me!
I became a member of the 6 soon aftr purchasing my M5. Learned alot and obsessed even more. Purch'd the TT last yr after I got rid of the bimmer.

Ken

Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I can't say that forums such as this have inspired me to buy a new car, but it's certainly inspired me on various mods and helped me be much more knowledgeable about my purchases when they've happened.

I first found 6speed after buying a used 09 C2S. From then I've gone from Novice to Beginner-Intermediate (in my personal judgement) in terms of my P-Car knowledge.

Know...we'll see if the 991 launch and related online forums help sway me towards a trade...

Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Comet
I've always known I wanted a Porsche..
started posting here after buying one...
I did lurk the forum a few days before pulling the trigger to see what problems I should expect to encounter...
I believe most people who buy Porsches have wanted the car for a long time . Many dreamt of the car as a child .
I also came to the forum long after I ever bought a porsche but the frequent car discussions do have some sort of impact . whether it's buying a mod or looking for an option or even waiting for the next car .. it's often discussed here .

BY the way ..
I bought a new M3 -- TODAY
I have to wait 6 to 10 weeks as it is a custom build.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Wow, congrats, Larry! Please provide option details (I'm sure we're not completely purely Porsche-centric here!) Are BMW dealers willing to give good discounts??

All the best,
Ron

Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Mostly definitely, seeing all these beautiful 997's day in and day out, seeing new threads with titles such as, "My first Porsche," "Just brought one," etc., inspires me to get one faster. Gives me ideas for mods, ideas of what I want mine to look like, it's bad for the wallet but put's a big smile to your face.

Congrats on your new M3, those are fun and practical cars.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
Wow, congrats, Larry! Please provide option details (I'm sure we're not completely purely Porsche-centric here!) Are BMW dealers willing to give good discounts??

All the best,
Ron
I feel comfortable with the deal . PM me and i'll give you the actual numbers .

Here's my car . The ONLY thing i changed from the original color was mineral white -- i changed it to alpine white. http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...hImKRoep0v9A/o

I did get 6 speed , competition package , premium package etc.. and the sport exhaust along witth some comfort features.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:10 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
congratulations on it! a good buddy of mine recently bought an M3 and it arrived in 5 weeks (to NYC) so maybe you'll get lucky. one thing that i found strange though was he said the dealership forces a 1200 mile break-in period, during which you can't drive over 100mph, at risk of losing the warranty. that was a bit of a buzzkill for him... and for me, since i'm dying to coax him onto the track while the weather is still temperate

enjoy it -- would be great to hear a comparison once you've settled in it.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i decided not to buy a GTR based solely on the forum, people there were rude and harsh... porsche forums were always nice..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i decided not to buy a GTR based solely on the forum, people there were rude and harsh... porsche forums were always nice..
the interior wasn't enough to put you off?

5 weeks for an M3 delivery is pretty good
all my BMW custom builds took 2months!

Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
jumpinjohn will become famous soon enough
Not only does talking/reading about it, but also continually checking dealer inventories will eventually lead you to buy.

I was gonna wait till the second year of the 991, but then I saw one on the inventory list and... Bam! It will be here in a couple of weeks...

John

Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Helps out in the dreaming dept!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
It was easy to tempt him! Mine is coming in about 2 weeks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does talking about these cars inspire the urge to buy one ?