997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hollywood - here we ago again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Hollywood - here we ago again

Bridesmaids - pretty funny movie, pretty nice Carrera 4s cab - pretty much the biggest stereotype ******bag driving it .

I'm a nice guy, what's wrong with the rest of you?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alan
Bridesmaids - pretty funny movie, pretty nice Carrera 4s cab - pretty much the biggest stereotype ******bag driving it .

I'm a nice guy, what's wrong with the rest of you?
Funny stuff. I sold a 2003 Cobra with 500 WHP to get this S that I'm driving now. The Cobra was much flashier (conv) and faster. I find the difference is not with me, but other people. I am not joking at the number of people who smart mouth me about my choice in cars. Most say "nice car". Quite a few who act like I'm driving a car that says "I hate poor people" on the side!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Maybe that's why a kid in a beatup SUV tried to spit on my car? I have no idea why anyone would even do that, but he felt the need to slow down, moved to the other lane, rolled down his window and tried to spit on my Porsche. I'm the nicest guy I know

Old 05-14-2011, 09:59 AM
onewinwon is on a distinguished road
Yeh, I feel you. There are haters out there. Last week when I drove down a busy street, some idiot yelled out , "get a real car". Frickin haters. They're just jealous.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
I wonder what that guy considers a "real car"

Old 05-14-2011, 12:07 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
A pickup truck!

Originally Posted by strife_wy
I wonder what that guy considers a "real car"

Old 05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Recalcitrant
Funny stuff. I sold a 2003 Cobra with 500 WHP to get this S that I'm driving now. The Cobra was much flashier (conv) and faster. I find the difference is not with me, but other people. I am not joking at the number of people who smart mouth me about my choice in cars. Most say "nice car". Quite a few who act like I'm driving a car that says "I hate poor people" on the side!

I sold a 1964 Cobra Kit car with 410 hp the get the "S" I'm driving.... Very fast in a straight line but not what I'd want in a road race... 2350 lbs . I gotta tell you that it was fast but no match for the Porsche... the Cobra might jump off the line but that 911 will close in a very short distance.. I've gotten nothing but compliments on the Porsche and never had a problem. Most fun with a car was a 2004 Mustang vert GT... Great car that I never worried about and could take it anywhere..

Old 05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
GRGx3 is on a distinguished road
I had someone try and hit mine with a beer can.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:33 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Ah, I guess these crappy stereotypes come with the territory, I had a kid throw a damn water bottle on my rear quarter panel. Bridesmaid was funny though, and John Hamm played the perfect ****** bag haha

Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You were hoping to relate to the depiction of a car belonging to a male character in a movie like "Bridesmaids" ? yikes!!!

Ok .. I know nothing about the movie but lets say this character was the nicest guy on the planet .. would there even be a movie at all ?

And since Porsches are generally bought by males do you think that had the guy been driving a VW Beetle Cab with the same personality do you think it would have the same impression on the audience of women (the primary viewers of romantic comedy) ?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:45 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
I had some D bag pretend to throw his skate board at me while i was minding my own biz. He deff didnt think i would chase him in reverse down a one way street kid soiled himself. Lets see if he ever does that again.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 AM
JT997 will become famous soon enough
Just saw the movie, really funny. The character was a total stereotype, but funny nonetheless. If you watch carefully, you can actually see that the car switches during a scene. When he picks up Kristen Wiig's character on the side of the road, he pulls up in a 911 with the crests on the headrests, but when the scene cuts to them inside the car, there are no crests. Maybe I paid to much attention, lol.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:38 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JT997
Just saw the movie, really funny. The character was a total stereotype, but funny nonetheless. If you watch carefully, you can actually see that the car switches during a scene. When he picks up Kristen Wiig's character on the side of the road, he pulls up in a 911 with the crests on the headrests, but when the scene cuts to them inside the car, there are no crests. Maybe I paid to much attention, lol.
You are very observant - I didn't see that. For me, one of the funnier lines is when Wiig asks him to pull over and he whines, "but there's gravel on the side of the road" - my wife smiled knowingly at me.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
You were hoping to relate to the depiction of a car belonging to a male character in a movie like "Bridesmaids" ? yikes!!!

Ok .. I know nothing about the movie but lets say this character was the nicest guy on the planet .. would there even be a movie at all ?

And since Porsches are generally bought by males do you think that had the guy been driving a VW Beetle Cab with the same personality do you think it would have the same impression on the audience of women (the primary viewers of romantic comedy) ?

You are a very serious man

Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by carrera997re
I had some D bag pretend to throw his skate board at me while i was minding my own biz. He deff didnt think i would chase him in reverse down a one way street kid soiled himself. Lets see if he ever does that again.

LOL Good for you.

I had some D-bag key the back of mine a few weeks ago. I was parked in a well lit area, was out of my car for less than an hour. Some people just suck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hollywood - here we ago again