Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 997
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

997 Current model of the 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Discussion.
Sponsored By HRE Wheels

Best Time of Year to Purchase a New/CPO 911 from Porsche

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Garage is empty, add now

sprtan is on a distinguished road
Best Time of Year to Purchase a New/CPO 911 from Porsche

I am in the market to lease/purchase a new or CPO 911 or Panamera and was wondering if anyone had any insight around when the best time of the year to buy with Porsche was?

Bought my current Cayenne S (which I ordered) during the May timeframe before and don't recall there being any unique buyer's incentives at that time.

My experience with other manufacturers (eg. Mercedes, BMW, Lexus) has been that there are distinct time periods where the Manufacturer to Dealer/Buyer incentives (eg. rebates, subsidized financing, etc.) are materially better, particularly around time of new model year launches (such as July/August). Particularly with the intent to clear out prior year inventory.

I can't seem to remember whether Porsche fell into this category. If so, does anyone have any insight as to when?

If not, I will likely pull the trigger in the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM
2010 Porsche 911

NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Watch Porsche's financing.. In the past couple years its gone down to 1.9% at the end of the model year, and stayed that way into the first couple months of the new model year (as it applies to buying a previous year car).

I'm sure there are a lot of guys that are smarter than I am about this, but I've found that the best time to buy is after the new model year cars are released. Buying a previous year car can save you thousands, however you'll be stuck picking from your dealer's stock, or working through their locator system to find a car that matches what you're looking for. The longer you wait the fewer cars you'll have to choose from.

Then there's the matter of first year depreciation, which is significant. Buying a previous year Porsche in the new model year will immediately impact its value when compared to a current model year car.

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't..
2010 997 C2 coupe / Artic Silver & Sand Beige / PDK w/ paddles / Porsche Sport Classic wheels / NAV / clear bra &.most of the 'gotta have' options, and some that I may rarely use (hey, it came that way). I love this car.
2013 Cayenne Diesel / Classic Silver & Black / Well optioned, bone stock, and it'll stay that way. Great daily driver!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Garage is empty, add now

sprtan is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the insight.

My hope was that Porsche simultaneously discounted prior year stock in order to clear out for take down of new. In doing so, I was hoping that they also offered Manufacturer to Dealer incentives to assist that would take into account a portion of 1st year depreciation (which would become a part of the negotiation process).

I know that Mercedes for example, does this like clockwork every summer.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:28 PM

Tags
2011, 911, 997, buy, c2, cpo, dealer, incentives, infiniti, june, order, porsche, purchase, rebates, time, year