997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream
IAA-C63, are you talking to me? Pics of my car? Or someone else on her about pics of some chick?
Pics of the drug reps - please!

Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
I'd love to see those pics, but meanwhile my imagination is filling in. I've seen one of these drug reps, and she was a 10.
Mine was a 9. Took her 3 hours to ask me what kind of Doc I was. Told her had a dual Ph.D. in physics and chemistry. She wasn't impressed, but after 3 hours, I had nothing left so it didn't matter. WTF? At least the Ph.D. wasn't in English Lit.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stevely
"Similar questions get asked around my profession. As doctors approach their mid to late 30s, questions and gossips get thrown around. Has he bought that Porsche yet? Got a divorce? Date the new drug rep? As doctors approach their mid 40s to early 50s... Has he finally bought that Ferrari? Married the trophy wife? Paid off the child support? "

That's . I'm a 34 yo doctor and just got my first Porsche (997.1tt). I'm already looking to see when I can swing my first Ferrari (looking at F430s). Married and don't plan to get divorced although many of my partners in their 50's and 60's are divorced and dating 25-30yo nurses, drug reps, etc.

I do get crap at the hospital about my Porsche. Seems like everyone and their mom loves gossiping about it. Porsches are low key and a dime a dozen though so it's not that big of a deal. However, I would never dare to drive a Ferrari to work for fear of the backlash.

Haha. We are almost identical. I am a 35 year old doc, but a year ago bought a 997.1 911 Turbo. Sold it about a year after I got it as the birth of our 3rd child required a different car for me. I bought a new 4Runner but missed the 911 sorely. Recently got back into the Pcar game with a 997.1 C2S and have the 4Runner to shuttle the kids.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Luciddaydream has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Man lotta docs on here. My dad was a doc with a porsche. But hes retired now. Back in the 80's.

It was a 928S -- the Risky Business cruiser.. the ultimate 80's machine.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
stevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to all
Hey after all these years of delayed gratification and seeing all my friends earning 6 figures for the last 10+ yrs and driving their m3's and amgs, it's hard not to take the plunge. Hopefully people can understand that.

I literally went from an 04 camry to my TT. The dealer laughed and said it suited me much better.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:55 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Pics of the drug reps - please!
Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoVsbaFrHc

Who wants a prescription for Plomox?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM
p's pcar will become famous soon enoughp's pcar will become famous soon enough
This thread has given me an idea for a weird website- hot drug reps.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
too bad that drug reps blouse did not have matching pen pockets! that video is

Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
If anyone thinks these guys are joking, they're not.
QFT. I've dated several reps since I was a resident. The most recent one was crazy. I still get random texts from female reps after 10 pm on the weekend sometimes, they all know I have a GF but I guess they don't really care?

My favorite rep was nicknamed Pfizer Kristy. Smoking, voluptuous Filipino girl. This was when I was a resident not "too" long ago and reps could still wine and dine docs before PHARMA. My friends loved her because she would always invite us to drug dinners (my friends were attendings/residents also). NBA Skybox with open bar and GG martinis. Who knew that NBA basketball and a Zoloft talk could be compatible? One night Pfizer Kristy, myself and a half dozen of my boys were at the club drinking Red Bull/GG. I was cashing out at the bar with my credit card when she tapped me on the shoulder and busted out her corporate visa, saying "Tab is on Uncle Pfizer." Those were good times when I was a broke-*** resident.

Now the only time I talk to reps is when they schedule a lunch once a week on Thursdays. The novelty has worn off although I still am friends with a few reps. Too many of them are like car salesmen slinging pharmaceuticals instead of Chevys. I'd rather go surf after work or play PS3 than sit through a mandatory 1 hour talk to get a free steak and a glass of house merlot.

I still feel somewhat uncomfortable driving my Porsche to work, hoping that people won't see me in the car. The only other car in the garage that expensive is a Panamera Turbo, and I've seen people taking pictures of it. This is in a decent suburb of Baltimore, so it really does depend on where you are.
Really? There's more 911s in my garage than Toyotas. It does depend where you work. I park my C2S next to Scuderias, LP560-4s, Masers, etc.

Originally Posted by stevely
Hey after all these years of delayed gratification and seeing all my friends earning 6 figures for the last 10+ yrs and driving their m3's and amgs, it's hard not to take the plunge. Hopefully people can understand that.

I literally went from an 04 camry to my TT. The dealer laughed and said it suited me much better.
Exactly. I was cutting CVS coupons and eating Top Ramen until I finished residency the week of my 30th birthday. I went straight to a 350Z before even starting my practice which tidied me over for a few years until I could move to the 911.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Coming back from lunch today, I saw two attractive female drug reps waiting outside my neighbor's office (family practice). Yesterday I had two equipment reps visiting me in the operating room (both male). Makes me wonder why pharmaceutical reps are predominantly female and equipment reps are predominantly male? I guess that's one perk of being in primary care.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:13 AM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
If you were obgyn or cardio I would send u some cute equipment reps who are friends of mine. You like Asian girls right?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm a professional booger picker but would not mind to see some pics of some Asian reps. Just don't tell my German-American wife.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by surfah
If you were obgyn or cardio I would send u some cute equipment reps who are friends of mine. You like Asian girls right?
I'm neither a obgyn nor a card doc but can you still send them my way?

Old 07-27-2011, 01:41 AM
vraxinus will become famous soon enoughvraxinus will become famous soon enough
If you want to buy a car, don't let other people decide for you. If you like it and you really want to have one just go buy it! The most important thing is that you're happy with it and you enjoy your life rather than living a life with regrets.

Personally i think that Porsche is the best daily driving sports car and believe it or not compare to other same class with Porsche, other sports car out there are more bling than Porsche and that's good. Just the perfect sports car for daily driving.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 AM
PKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura about
----

Last edited by PKing Fast; 10-09-2020 at 08:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?