997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:01 AM
vraxinus will become famous soon enoughvraxinus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
Exactly, just do what this guy did, perfectly rational in every way since he wanted to!

http://jalopnik.com/5559767/i-sold-e...ss-the-country

WOW! what a story right there

Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
53 tickets? guy did not have radar detector? sounds quite stupid to me.
and this grand finalle is just amazing: 'After all the hard driving and long miles, the timing chain stretched, crunching the valves and turning the car into an exotic and expensive paperweight.' amazing.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
Exactly, just do what this guy did, perfectly rational in every way since he wanted to!

http://jalopnik.com/5559767/i-sold-e...ss-the-country
I might be the minority but I think he is stupid. First off, bending over backwards for a girl and get screwed over. How many times have we seen this? Giving her everything she wanted and I'm assuming he was trying to keep her only to fail. (It always does) Relationship is about compromise if it's all about her, I usually show her the door.

Drowning yourself in debt, 53 speeding tickets, 25K in fees and fines, a foreclosure in Dallas, and an exotic paperweight, way to start your new life. All this b/c of a girl? Focking idiot is the proper word to describe him. I'm sure his ex-fiancee is impressed when she reads this. She's probably thinking, "Thank God I left him."

Stories like this makes nice reading material but it doesn't impress me. I know real people that was left by a girl b/c they didn't make enough money. They sold everything to start their own business and became multi-millionaires, only to watch the girl beg to come back. Now that is what all men should try to do.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ynot
I might be the minority but I think he is stupid. [...] I'm sure his ex-fiancee is impressed when she reads this. She's probably thinking, "Thank God I left him."
I think his mental state is questionable. Read this sentence carefully and ask yourself how likely this is to happen to you:
While en route to the wedding he was stopped for speeding but ran afoul of the Indiana State Police and suddenly found himself staring down the highway at a roadblock.
Trying to put that together you get this best-case image of him being handed the citation from that speeding stop, crumpling it and laying rubber as he pulls away. And that really is the best case that can lead to a roadblock as part of the same anecdote.

As for "the timing chain stretched", the less said the better.

Gary

Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by p's pcar
I'm a professional booger picker but would not mind to see some pics of some Asian reps. Just don't tell my German-American wife.
I see, I don't know any cute ENT device reps. You are right though, most device reps are dudes. Anyhow, this town is small and I want to stay on the good side of your wife who I may meet one day. If I have any cute patients who need ENT I'll keep you in mind. My GF has unilateral tinnitus but she already has an ENT in town, MRI was normal. No vertigo. I hope it's not a small acoustic neuroma or schwannoma that was missed on imaging (doubtful I'm sure).

Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
I guess I may know some of those same equipment reps as you do!
Originally Posted by surfah
If you were obgyn or cardio I would send u some cute equipment reps who are friends of mine. You like Asian girls right?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
My favorite rep was nicknamed Pfizer Kristy. Smoking, voluptuous Filipino girl.
I'm married to a smoking, voluptuous Filipino-American gal, though she was never a drug rep.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. The ones I know are married but still good eye candy

Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 PM
We may have to exchange names in the future

Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Sweet. Good for you my friend.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
. Yes, and they're married as well. The ones that I know.

LOL. The ones I know are married but still good eye candy

Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ynot
Drowning yourself in debt, 53 speeding tickets, 25K in fees and fines, a foreclosure in Dallas, and an exotic paperweight, way to start your new life. All this b/c of a girl?
man, life is a crazy thing. 3 events before a guy i know at SCDA club came to me and told me – “man, crazy thing happened, my nephew had a bad fight with his girlfriend, then walked outside, got his .45 and shot himself. Funeral is tomorrow.” Literally.

So, you know, life sometimes if a really crazy thing.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by simsgw
As for "the timing chain stretched", the less said the better.
Gary
gallardos actually have pretty good reputation, i really wonder how could he kill it so fast.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
IMO this thread is quite silly. Doesn't that depend on the model? You can buy a used 911 for less than some new Toyotas cost. If we're talking new, Porsche directly competes with BMW and Mercedes, so you don't have to be a millionaire to own one unless its a GT2, GT3RS, Carrera GT.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
gallardos actually have pretty good reputation, i really wonder how could he kill it so fast.
Oh good to hear. My boy recently picked up a white LP560-4 with 2K miles on the odometer. It's taking him a little while to get used to the E-gear

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?