997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Feelgood MD
soooo...what are the "weird websites"?! i'm dying to know! i'm guessing you're one of the bang bros or something! or milfhunter?!

Bang bros . . .

Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
For me everything in life is balance. You can save everything, plan like a mad man to retire at age 45 and get hit by a bus going to your retirement party. You plan and God laughs.

If you can afford the payment or the outright purchase and it won't affect you ability to meet your other routine obligations and still put some savings away...live a little. Life's short.

Don't worry about what others think so much. Are they are paying your bills or supporting you so who cares what they think?. Thats my take on it.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
I'm a bit more conservative. For me, if you have to borrow money to buy a car, you can't afford it. Pay cash - don't let the banks get rich!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
Unless of course you prefer to hold on to your money and use someone else's at great rate.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM
sullivas is on a distinguished road
If you do buy one, I think a good suggestion would be to have better road manners than usual, don't tailgate, blow off other cars etc. Wait till you're out of traffic to work the car to it's potential but look out for Smokey.
You can't win with peoples' opinions. Perception is reality.
"look at that guy - he could afford a Ferrari and he drives that P.O.S!"
or "..another Porsche - where do these guys get the dough?"
You only go around once. Try it and if you don't like it, sell it.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Waxer
For me everything in life is balance. You can save everything, plan like a mad man to retire at age 45 and get hit by a bus going to your retirement party. You plan and God laughs.

If you can afford the payment or the outright purchase and it won't affect you ability to meet your other routine obligations and still put some savings away...live a little. Life's short.

Don't worry about what others think so much. Are they are paying your bills or supporting you so who cares what they think?. Thats my take on it.
Thread hijack:

I noticed in your sig the Army Rangers. I was 1/75 back in 90-92 with Bco.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:55 AM
lethalsleeper is on a distinguished road
I feel you OP. I'm 32, my fiancé is 30 and our combined income is around 400k. And we do weird websites like you. At one point we had a m3, 911 and range rover. Now I'm wondering if we can afford the 991tt when it comes out.

If you make 200k, your monthly income should be around 15k, excluding taxes. A lease is around 1600 for a Carreras S and 2500 for a tt. That leaves you at least 12k monthly. If you have mortgage you'll still have 10k a month. So in your case you can definitely afford one!

Yes people look at you weird when you are young like us. I dress like a kid, and I love seeing people's reactions when they see me get out. Especially the arrogant ones.

It's pretty bad when you goto a luxury car dealer, you don't get service and you Have to mention what you drive to get any attention.

But porsches are the best, so don't care too much about what others think, and rub it in their face

Last edited by lethalsleeper; 07-16-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:33 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lethalsleeper
If you make 200k, your monthly income should be around 15k.
Wow. You pay $20,000 in taxes on $200,000? What do you do to only pay 10% in taxes?
Seems to me $200,000 per year is more likely to net about $120,000 per year, or about $10,000 per month. A $500,000 mortgage is about $3500 per month including taxes and insurance. Add $1500 for the lease and you're down to $5000 with which to pay utilities, another car payment, insurances, and credit cards. That's cutting it a bit close for my liking. To each his own.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mseligson
Wow. You pay $20,000 in taxes on $200,000? What do you do to only pay 10% in taxes?
Seems to me $200,000 per year is more likely to net about $120,000 per year, or about $10,000 per month. A $500,000 mortgage is about $3500 per month including taxes and insurance. Add $1500 for the lease and you're down to $5000 with which to pay utilities, another car payment, insurances, and credit cards. That's cutting it a bit close for my liking. To each his own.
Fill me in as well as I would love to abuse this apparent loop hole.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:29 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by getz
Fill me in as well as I would love to abuse this apparent loop hole.
You too can convert your adjusted gross income to $0 for tax purposes. Here's how Wesley Snipes did it:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...rre-tax-scheme

Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Luciddaydream has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hi, this is the OP here .. this thread is still going. Wow.

I got the car, enjoy it..

Its a regular carrera, black metallic, black interior, bought with ~32k miles, already has 35k, kind of sad about it but oh well. Paid 41 for it but after all the stuff they upsold me on I paid more.

No I am not bangbros. my sites are small sites. Bangbros I think makes many many millions. I know two unrelated people who know those dudes. They are in FL.

I dont' have **** sites.

Last edited by Luciddaydream; 07-16-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:09 PM
lol, forgot to factor taxes in, since we don't pay taxes till next year. Hope the IRS isnt watching this thread.

Anyways, congrads and enjoy!

Last edited by lethalsleeper; 07-16-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
lol, forgot to factor taxes in, since we don't pay taxes till next year. Hope the IRS isnt watching this thread.
Check with your accountant about paying quarterly estimated taxes. Significant penalties if you don't pay taxes on time.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute

Anyways, congrads and enjoy!
How on earth do you not have to pay income tax until the following year? I thought everyone had to pay either quarterly taxes or paycheck withholding!?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Self employment

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Rich Should You Be to Own a Porsche?