997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GIAC, Softronic, EVOMSit, or ETG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
GIAC, Softronic, EVOMSit, or ETG?

I am going to make a decision soon! I talked to a former Porsche Cup mechanic from a European race team. He talked me out of the Turbo option for my C2 and recommended just the flash, intake, and potentially the exhaust. I know there are a ton of threads from the past on here, but could not find anything that compares the myriad of software outfits. I am also taking suggestions on the best intake and exhaust combo for the tune.

At this point, that should tide me over until a 991 Turbo hits the resale market in 4 years.

Vendors....feel free to PM me a packaged price. I need a local (Southern CA) "partner" install facility too!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
I would recommend keeping the intake as is and perhaps an exhaust yet not headers. Now as far as the flash I would be partial to Softronic.... Yet any should be just fine.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 PM
OKB
OKB will become famous soon enough
simple air filter upgrade like K&N , cheap exhaust like Agency Power, EVOMS or REVO ecu software. Best bang for the buck.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I like the Softronic, also found that the Hi Flo Cats made a bigger improvement then intake or headers.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GTRR
recommended just the flash, intake, and potentially the exhaust.
As other will tell you, sport cats are worth more power than upgraded intake, mufflers or headers and arguably the flash too, so i'd move that up on your list. They also sound great!

IMHO, these bolt-on mods don't yield significant power gains (and i speak from experience -- see my signature). best reason to do it is for better sound, which they deliver in spades. On a track, the same money spent on suspension mods would do much more for your times. Something to think about...

Re flash: I have EVOM and like it, but more guys on the board seem to lean towards Softronic, and you can set it back to stock. Personally I wouldn't do a flash with just an intake and muffler upgrade since neither is a significant modification.

Its a controversial topic that everyone has an opinion on, but my instinct and logic tells me that a flash alone is a waste of money unless you remove the bottlenecks in cats, headers, and maybe plenum. That is, you increase the air/fuel mixture in the ECU without creating a better path for airflow.

My recommendation: start with cats (best power bang for buck and upgraded sound) and Gundo mufflers (cheapest muffler option by far and easy to swap if you don't like the sound -- but you will ). From there you can always add other mods if you still feel you need (want) them.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 PM
scuderiavw is on a distinguished road
Evomsit tuning, Fabspeed exhaust and BMC filter is what I would recommend.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd also recommend a set of high flow cats, stock intake with BMC filter,mufflers just for sound and weight savings and top it all off with the EVOMSit tune. You live in the OC and would highly recommend you bring it to the boys at Stuttgart Performance in Costa Mesa. They will take care of you during the process and their post-purchase customer service and support is second to none.

Last edited by v35; 10-25-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:34 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Thanks all.... You guys are awesome!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Revo, but: most of what you feel with any flash is in the throttle remapping (ala sport mode). Should be the last mod to be considered

Last edited by Gpjli; 10-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
You're in the OC, and GIAC is right in your back yard. Why not pay them a visit and see what they can offer?

IMO you can't beat having a tuner so close.