997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The best front lips for 997.2's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:36 PM
amalgamo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jacques1960
Yes - the FVD Brombacher; I am not installing mine and will make you a good deal

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...t_Spoiler.html

Im interested too. If you haven't sell it, Please let me know. New in this forum so cant PM, but you can contact me at amalgamo@hotmail.com
Thanks

Old 12-07-2015, 01:20 PM
agujita42 is on a distinguished road
997.2 front lip

Originally Posted by acf
wow the werks lip is pretty clean and unobtrusive too.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/cha...7627036423112/

were do i buy this lip

Old 12-07-2015, 06:07 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by agujita42
were do i buy this lip
you can get that at sharkwerks....they're not cheap though
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=294

Old 12-17-2015, 05:25 PM
mblueracer is on a distinguished road
I just bought from suncoast the 991 oem sport lip and will try to adjust it under my 997.2 according to this post

Old 12-18-2015, 10:52 AM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
looking forward to seeing some pics - good luck with the install.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:35 PM
erayd8 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by acf
Only for 997.2's. Aside from the techart front lip, any other options? I love the aerokit or sport classic lip but that requires a whole new bumper. Pictures anyone?
Here is mine from GT3TEK.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:48 PM
dc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nice
Are there any lips that look like the GTS lip? What do you guys think of this subtle design?

Old 12-31-2015, 08:04 PM
650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold
My Sport Classic/Speedster lip.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	436151   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	436152   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3726.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	436153  
Old 01-01-2016, 03:35 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Has anybody tried putting the sports classic lip on a regular carrera bumper? That could be a good option...

Old 01-02-2016, 09:14 AM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Has anybody tried putting the sports classic lip on a regular carrera bumper? That could be a good option...
I looked at multiple options for the standard Carrera bumper (including Sports Classic, GTS and Turbo spoilers / lips). Based on all the images of the parts that I looked at, it just didn't seem viable. Whilst it could be possible to attach the center portion of the spoiler with some minor modifications, the real problem comes when trying to mount the sides. If you look at the pics below (borrowed from some eBay used parts listings) you'll see the issue more clearly:

Below is a pic of the GTS Spoiler:

That's why in the end I decided to install the 991 Sports Lip with some slightly easier modifications

Old 01-02-2016, 04:30 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Emc, your lip option looks very good. It's also reasonably priced option. I see myself taking this route if I get the itch to do my car lip service.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
But, if the tabs are the only things missing and the width of the bumpers are the same would it be easy to add these tabs? The ends seem to be screwed so no problem with securing these. Assuming the tabs can be fabricated and screwed on to the whole carrera bumper, would the sport classic lip fit?

Old 01-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by slicky rick
But, if the tabs are the only things missing and the width of the bumpers are the same would it be easy to add these tabs? The ends seem to be screwed so no problem with securing these. Assuming the tabs can be fabricated and screwed on to the whole carrera bumper, would the sport classic lip fit?
Rick,
It's not an issue of adding tabs. It is that the tabs exist on the GTS and Sport Classic spoiler, and there is nowhere to insert them into the stock bumper.

This leaves you with 2 choices:
1) Cut the tabs off the spoiler
or,
2) Cut holes in the stock bumper to insert the tabs into

In both cases I would be concerned about how flush you would get the spoiler to sit against the side of the stock bumper (assuming it is a good fit, which I could not verify).
If you look at the bottom left of the picture of the red GTS bumper, you will see that the bumper is more recessed where the spoiler attaches. I assume this is so that the spoiler sits very flush with the rest of the bumper to give a seamless fit/appearance.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:18 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 650kid
My Sport Classic/Speedster lip.
god thats hot!

Old 08-28-2016, 05:30 AM
zenzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EMC2
I looked at multiple options for the standard Carrera bumper (including Sports Classic, GTS and Turbo spoilers / lips). Based on all the images of the parts that I looked at, it just didn't seem viable. Whilst it could be possible to attach the center portion of the spoiler with some minor modifications, the real problem comes when trying to mount the sides. If you look at the pics below (borrowed from some eBay used parts listings) you'll see the issue more clearly:

Below is a pic of the GTS Spoiler:

That's why in the end I decided to install the 991 Sports Lip with some slightly easier modifications

How did you fit the 991 spoiler onto the 997.2 front end? would love to know so i can consider doing the same to mine. It looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The best front lips for 997.2's?