997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Porsche Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
PSE definitely defaults to loud if there is no power to the solenoid.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carnut12
I have those exact mufflers coming, I was thinking about adding the Sharkwerks as well. Did you add the X-pipe after, if so can you let me know the difference it made?

I am pretty sure I am ordering it, just curious. I can not wait, I have several mods I plan to have the Local shop install. I know I could do it, but figured I will let them so it comes out perfect, plus I am getting the B&M short shifter installed also.
I first purchased the Cargraphic x-pipe wanting more sound. I got that, but it wasn't the PSE sound I was used to. I'm not sure the x-pipe or Sharkwerks is that necessary other than to save weight. The stock muffler is non-obstructive, just perforated for sound dampening.

Save money on the x-pipe and apply it to a better shifter than the B&M. The Cargraphic is far superior, sold in the US under another name (which I forget).

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wc11
Gundo hack!
This is becoming cancerous

Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 AM
bencomer is on a distinguished road
White Rock, No PM

White Rock, I see that that you sent a PM, but it never arrived. Please resend with a price for your used PSE.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 AM
bencomer is on a distinguished road
Does anybody in the Raleigh/Durham area have a recommendation for a muffler shop to do the Gundo hack?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by bencomer
Does anybody in the Raleigh/Durham area have a recommendation for a muffler shop to do the Gundo hack?
A little off topic aren't you?

Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 PM
911nitis will become famous soon enough
Are you still selling your PSE?

Old 02-07-2014, 09:09 PM
911nitis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by White Rock
Might be selling my PSE if you're interested. The system has 12k miles on it.
White Rock: Are you still selling your PSE?

Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mattyf
No performance increase. PSE also has this weird cut off at certain speed/ rpm. Something about German noise control. It cuts off at ~3500rpm at lower speeds. Some of us just unplug it, thus leaving it on all the time.
I think they are Swiss noise regulations, not German, and I also think the cut-off is speed sensitive and not RPM dependent - something like 27 to 45 mph. This was discussed on RennList not too long ago.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:30 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Unless you are doing the full factory PSE instal, including the harness, etc., I would just do the Gundo hack. I did the full PSE factory install and I like being able to of "stealth" mode in the AM when leaving the house or coming in late at night. Also, my PSE does not cycle on/off regarding speed. Once on it is on. When off it is off. My car is a '10 4S.

Last edited by cairo94507; 02-08-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
This exactly what I have. I bought the PSE mufflers used which didn't come with the vacuum lines and the button. So I just simply swapped the mufflers. The flap is open by default without the vacuum line, hence it is always in load mode, which i exactly the way I want it. No random opening and closing of the flap at all.

Originally Posted by bencomer
AP 997 S, what happens I just put the mufflers on and do nothing with the vaccuum lines? Is the muffler defaulted to loud mode or soft mode, or do I risk the flap opening and closing randomly?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 AM
VMC
VMC is on a distinguished road
if you had a PSE then you could have opted for something like FVD Brombarcher headers with 200 cell sports cats. works great with PSE, and would gain some horsepower. If you just opt for just PSE you are not going to gain any horsepower as such. i'd say since you dont have the PSE you might as well go for aftermarket ones. FVD, tubi AWE..whichever you like.
FVD offers Valve controlled ones. i have the complete set up with headers, 200cel cats, mufflers with soundswitch. its typical fvd, very stock like below 2500 rpm, and above that its absolute music.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Mbuenros is on a distinguished road
Gundo hack!
I am almost convinced about the Gundo Hack, I really want to be able to listen to the music of the engine inside the cabin of my 997.2, but $2k is just too much for the PSE. My only concern is that I don't want to ruin my factory warranty, I know it's not an easy to see spot, but the dealership will definitely listen to it when I take it to service.

Does anybody knows if it hurts the warranty? Any advice? By the way, my first post here after months of reading great stuff! Can't wait to upload first pictures, but not a great photographer ;-)

Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mbuenros
Gundo hack!
I am almost convinced about the Gundo Hack, I really want to be able to listen to the music of the engine inside the cabin of my 997.2, but $2k is just too much for the PSE. My only concern is that I don't want to ruin my factory warranty, I know it's not an easy to see spot, but the dealership will definitely listen to it when I take it to service.

Does anybody knows if it hurts the warranty? Any advice? By the way, my first post here after months of reading great stuff! Can't wait to upload first pictures, but not a great photographer ;-)
Internet advice... but it can only hurt your warranty on the exhaust, but then really only if they could show the Gundo hack caused the problem.

So if you got a rattle inside the exhaust they might say the welding of the bypass was responsible. But say your transmission goes, then there is no way the hack caused it and your warranty has you covered.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mbuenros
I am almost convinced about the Gundo Hack, I really want to be able to listen to the music of the engine inside the cabin of my 997.2, but $2k is just too much for the PSE.
You will get a flood of recs for Gundo Hack, with good reason. It costs 10x less than PSE. It's awesome. I have zero regrets, and I have no worries about driving off in the early AM hours (re: the neighbors). Keep the RPMs below 3K and no one can hear you.

HTH!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Porsche Sport Exhaust