997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone Looking for Front .2 LED's PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Anyone Looking for Front .2 LED's PLEASE READ!

Hey guys,

I just want to report back and tell you all about my recent experience purchasing 997.2 type Front LED lights for my 997.1 on eBay.

I made a thread a few weeks back and many asked that I write a review on my experience.

So about a month ago I called RotTec after reading many threads and reviews on this forum about the quality of their front LED's and how many people were satisfied with the product.

I initially called RotTec and also sent an email which to this day has not been answered. I did not get a call back and being the instant gratification type of person that I am, began my search for these lights elsewhere. This is where I found a set on eBay that seemed identical.

So here we go....Dun Dun Dun....eBay lights. Whoa. I have been there, done that and know what can happen but when I saw the set that looked literally EXACTLY the same as what RotTec was selling for MUCH less, I thought I would maybe give it a shot.

I called Jeff with "Xtreme Motorcars" and was VERY pleased with the way I was spoken to on the phone (like we had been friends for years) and decided to go ahead and make the purchase right then and there.

The price was $375 USD INCLUDING Priority Shipping! I bought the lights on a Friday and they were at my door on Monday. All the way from California to South Florida. Needless to say I was excited.

Upon opening the box, I saw two light housings with wiring harnesses that were brand new and of excellent quality. Jeff had explained to me on the phone that he buys his LED's from the SAME vendor as RotTec and when I saw the initial quality of the product, was not surprised.

Upon installation, I had a couple of bumps in the road but only because I am the polar opposite of "mechanically inclined" and was struggling with which lights and respecting housings to remove from the OEM setup. I later saw a thread on this forum that was great help. During the install, Jeff both called and emailed me to make sure that I was happy and that the lights were installed and fit perfectly.

Once the lights were in, I knew that they were perfect and that I had made a good purchase. Once again, I got a phone call from Jeff who was just making sure that I was happy and had gotten the lights put in okay. He had also gone the extra mile when I was struggling to not only email me an installation video that he found, but he even emailed some of his previous front LED customers to ask if they had any installation tips!!!! I have not received customer service like this in a LONG time and felt that this entire experience was deserving of a GREAT review.

All in all, there is nothing that Jeff could have done more. He went above and beyond and I feel compelled to spread the word even though I have NO affiliation with his company. He even threw in a free T-Shirt so I can represent his line.

If you are curious and interested in purchasing the same set of lights that I did for only $375 including shipping, please see this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...bef305&vxp=mtr

Apparently, I am not the only person on this board who has used him before. I hear he makes awesome aftermarket bumpers for our cars as well. Anyways, thanks for reading this long thread and I hope you get your lights from him! His auction states that he has 5 remaining sets available, but he told me that he has just placed an order for 10 more sets.

Best Regards,
John P.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2467.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	268109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2468.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	268110  

Last edited by Perk10; 08-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:03 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Nice write up!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
Glad to hear.
I ordered a pair from him too.
Box came quickly.
Now to get them installed.

Which thread was helpful to you? Id love to see it.
I saw the video but the shop that did the video did a poor job with camera work.
They didnt film the whole process.
Thanks

Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Nice write up!
Thanks for taking the time to read

Originally Posted by ArainLA
Glad to hear.
I ordered a pair from him too.
Box came quickly.
Now to get them installed.

Which thread was helpful to you? Id love to see it.
I saw the video but the shop that did the video did a poor job with camera work.
They didnt film the whole process.
Thanks
I absolutely cannot stand that video. I am the angry guy that commented on it on YouTube and mentioned how they don't even have the light on the camera when they are "showing" what to do!! What garbage... let me see if I can dig up that thread...

Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
so... What happens to Fog Lamps when you install these lights. Are you sans fog lamps after that?

Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Gary B has a spectacular aura aboutGary B has a spectacular aura about
Great write up. Online now ordering lights. Hope i get the free T-Shirt. Ducatinga

Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
now if only they made aftermarket 997.2 LEDS/and or alternatives... !!!!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by sameerg
so... What happens to Fog Lamps when you install these lights. Are you sans fog lamps after that?
this housing replaces and gives you a DRL type (you still have to turn it on) light bar, LED cluster fogs, and LED cluster turn signals!
Originally Posted by Gary B
Great write up. Online now ordering lights. Hope i get the free T-Shirt. Ducatinga
Great to hear, Gary!!! Please let us know how it goes!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Are all these lights made in tiawan?

Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
Ok, I am sold. Can someone post the links needed to remove and install these? They look great.

How difficult is this to do?

Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 PM
RSW
RSW is on a distinguished road
Yes, they are made in Taiwan and seem to be made by the same vendor.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
These lights are so easy to install. Follow the removal instructions in your manual, plug the lights into their respected plugs....reverse the removal....done.

No video needed!

Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by sixgun95
Ok, I am sold. Can someone post the links needed to remove and install these? They look great.

How difficult is this to do?
They are SIMPLE to put in once you know which housings to pop off of the OEM lenses....

PM me if you have any trouble at all, I will be more than happy to assist

Old 08-11-2013, 09:32 AM
GETU1 will become famous soon enoughGETU1 will become famous soon enough
Love mine!

Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Gary B has a spectacular aura aboutGary B has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gary B
Ordered from you last week after reading this post. Got my light package yesterday! Super fast turn around for shipping across the country! Watched your video and in ten minutes I was done with the project. Very happy with the outcome and quality! Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Looking for Front .2 LED's PLEASE READ!