997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT2 seat to 12 way power seat swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
GT2 seat to 12 way power seat swap

Hi,

I have a 2009 C4S launch car with the factory GT2 bucket seats.
For the winter I would like to install 12 way power adjustable seats.
I was wondering if anyone has ever actually done this.

I just read posts for the last hour and there seem to be many OPINIONS if that might work or not (meaning will the seat electrics work), So please no opinions, I am looking for someone who has actually DONE it and can share his experience

Thanks

Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I've done it. 997.2 C4S with Sport Buckets switched to 997.2 Sport Adaptive Seats. Just did a 997.2 C4S with Sport Buckets to 997.2 Manual Sport Seats with power tilt. One plug under the drivers seat and two plugs under the passenger seat. With the power seats you will not have memory controls. Nothing on the doors for this.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:32 PM
jeffkilly is on a distinguished road
I am the guy that Alan swapped his Sport Power Recline seats for my G2 Bucket seats. Prior to doing the swap, I got many, many, different opinions on whether my car had the proper electrical harness under my seat to allow the electric seats to work. 2 Porsche dealers told me it would not work and I would have to spend a ton of money to make it work. Alan assured me that it would be plug and play, which it was. No need to ask others. You got the right answer on the first response to your question. Good luck.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Many thanks to Alan and Jeff!

Old 11-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to help.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:29 PM
cbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud of
I am trying to do the same thing. Hoping to swap the GT2 Sport buckets for a pair of black sport adaptive seats. Alan, were the seats you swapped the power seats or were they the sport seats with manual adjustment and just the power backrest? I am in the process if trying to purchase this car and I am a few thousand dollars away from making the deal feasable and my hopes are to swap the seats and pick up some $$ towards the car in the exchange. Thanks for your feedback

http://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/Cer...NC/vd/19574850

Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by cbst09
I am trying to do the same thing. Hoping to swap the GT2 Sport buckets for a pair of black sport adaptive seats. Alan, were the seats you swapped the power seats or were they the sport seats with manual adjustment and just the power backrest? I am in the process if trying to purchase this car and I am a few thousand dollars away from making the deal feasable and my hopes are to swap the seats and pick up some $$ towards the car in the exchange. Thanks for your feedback

http://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/Cer...NC/vd/19574850
My humble opinion:
The car in your link is priced too high. It's out of warranty and has no CPO.
I'd say $65k tops

BTW: I have the same car (sans the Fuchs)

Old 04-20-2014, 05:28 PM
cbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud of
I realize that the price is high, but although not listed it is indeed a CPO car. I currently have a 2009 C2S and really liked the color and options on this other car. I am currently trying to work out a deal with the dealer on the cost plus my car and the dealer wants 12K plus my C2S, Ouch!. I have the comfort seats PDK, bose etc but no full leather or Nav. The car comes with the sport classic fuchs wheels as well as the original wheels and tires so I am hoping to sell the sport classic wheels for a few thousand as well as pick up pick up a few thousand dollars by exchanging the highly desirable sport bucket seats with someone who has black sport seats. The car also comes with a fabspeed exhaust with the side mufflers and center muffler bypass in addition to the original exhaust, again I would prefer to keep the exhaust stock and would hope to be able to sell the fabspeed exhaust which retails for $2495 for about half that amount. He also has a paddle shifter wheel installed and includes the original steering wheel. Again I would reinstall the original steering wheel and sell the paddle shifter steering wheel which is going for about 800 ish on the market.

So... here's my thinking, if I pay 12k plus my car and can recoup some of that money by selling the Sport Classic Wheels and Tires with TPMS for 3K ish, and sell the fabspeed exhaust for $1200 ish, pick up $2500 for the seat exchange, and $800 for the steering wheel then my net cost on the whole transaction would be $4500 plus tax. For that I would be going from a 2009 C2S to a 2009 C4S and picking up a CPO warranty, full leather, and NAV. If I'm dreaming on my price projections then let me know but from what I've seen I hope I am being realistic.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:35 PM
mk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nice
I' d keep your c2s

Old 12-31-2016, 01:55 PM
rallycobra is on a distinguished road
Seat swap fail here.

I have a 2009 4S Launch car and purchased a set of 12 way power seats with airbags. The passenger seat installed and works perfectly. The driver seat does nothing when I plug in the yellow harness. There is a memory box on the seat with a connector but I have no harness to plug into it. Do you think have a dead seat, or do I need to run power to that memory box on the bottom?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2016, 03:18 PM
Sorry to hear that your swap is not working. The swap worked perfectly for my launch car. By chance did your 12 way seats come from a 997.1 car? My understanding is that 997.2 cars will need to be mated with other 997.2 cars. My doner seats came from a 997.2 GT3 (18 way adaptive sport seats) and worked perfectly as a plug and play swap.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:54 PM
My 12 way seats were definitely from a 997.2 since they have thorax airbags. A guy on pelicanparts ended up cutting the whole harness and rewiring the switches. He claims the driver seat is controlled by the CAN BUS? If I put power to the big connector on the seat it doesn't move.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti..._997_seats.htm

Old 12-31-2016, 06:27 PM
D.Kinsey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rallycobra
My 12 way seats were definitely from a 997.2 since they have thorax airbags. A guy on pelicanparts ended up cutting the whole harness and rewiring the switches. He claims the driver seat is controlled by the CAN BUS? If I put power to the big connector on the seat it doesn't move.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti..._997_seats.htm
I'm guessing your car didn't/doesn't have memory?

Old 01-01-2017, 09:41 AM
It looks like the seats are from a 07 Cayman, and my car has no memory function.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by rallycobra
It looks like the seats are from a 07 Cayman, and my car has no memory function.
I suspect that the issue is that the 07 Cayman has the 997.1 seat connectors and that may be why it is not working properly. I don't think the that having heat or memory were factors at all in my swap, the seats I put in had heat and came from a car that had the memory function. Obviously since my car did not have the heated seats or memory buttons those functions were simply lost but everything else worked.

Before you give up, I would try to see if you can get someone local with a 997.2 or 987.2 with power 12 way seats to see if it works.

FYI, I'm sure there is some sort of workaround to make the seat you have work but you will have a tough time finding a mechanic to touch it. Most are not comfortable with altering systems that have to do with airbags, etc. for liability reasons.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 seat to 12 way power seat swap