997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Conti DWS tire report and question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Conti DWS tire report and question.

I put a set of all season Conti DWS s on my car and will give my impresssions and have a PSI question too.
They are a much softer ride and do not turn nearly as sharp as the OEMs for sure. I like the smoother quieter ride and also got them for colder weather (not really snow) driving. They should last a lot longer too. Certainly not a track tire. Almost 1/2 the oem priced tire.
I have been putting the PASM to sport mode which firms up the ride and handling nicely. Never really put it into the sport mode with the OEM tires for street driving as it was too firm for everyday riding IMO.
I can feel the sidewall flexing much more at turning. So my question is "Would it be better to raise the PSI on the tires as I ve always run them slightly lower than the door jam PSI recommendations. Maybe try 39 43?
They are 19s on a C2S.
I think I m running 37 40 ish as with the OEM tires and the advise of this forum. Thanks.
PS/ Oems for sale in that section.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
This article says it better than I can, and is a good read.

http://automotivethinker.com/tires/t...-air-pressure/

Old 07-16-2014, 05:25 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Phil_D
This article says it better than I can, and is a good read.

http://automotivethinker.com/tires/t...-air-pressure/
Thanks, that s just what I was asking. went up to 35/42 COLD , which is still less than the max 37/44(full load) on the door.

Overall I am happy with the ride comfort wise.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:15 PM
ID4688V will become famous soon enoughID4688V will become famous soon enough
I also run the Conti-DWS. My initial experience was the same as yours and now that I have ran them for almost a year I can say these are the best tires I have used for a daily driver. Excellent in the cold weather too!

As I just got another DD car, my 911 will soon become a garage queen and then I will get a more summer performance oriented tire like the Michelin PS2.