997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 4S - how to remove stock pedal cover ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:35 AM
saceone is on a distinguished road
997.2 4S - how to remove stock pedal cover ?

can anyone help... I'm trying to install the rennline accelerator pedal extensions with cover

(just the gas pedal)

I just can not figure out how to remove the stock pedal cover ...

thanks in advance,

Old 09-02-2014, 01:24 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Not familiar with the Rennline pedals, but a set I bought from a different manufacturer simply screwed/bolted over the stock pedals. I do know that the accelerator pedal is part of the "drive-by-wire" assembly and is not simply actuating a cable or lever to open the throttle body. Maybe the pedal isn't designed to be removed.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
OEM rubber pedal covers on the brake and clutch just pull off. You'll feel longish flap of rubber on the back of both sides of the covers, grab one side and pull it towards you and across the face of the pedal.

The gas pedal in the picture isn't removed when installing the new pedal cover as it simply screws on to the existing gas pedal cover. The pedals should come with detailed instructions for the install but before you do any drilling there are a couple of good DIY's on the process on this and other sites which will be beneficial in getting the best results. Google something like " Porsche pedal install "..... and you'll get a great a number of links to DIY's. Having read several of them myself, the biggest issue seems to be screw placement IE...hole drilling for the screws.. on the steel brake pedal as it has a bracket on the backside that limits where you can place the screws.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 AM
saceone is on a distinguished road
thanks for the input.

I also purschased the plate to raise the gas pedal. The only thing that's gonna be a problem I think is grooving the oem pedal (which I thought had a removable cover) for the adjustable screws . The rennline stuff came with detailed instructions with pictures , they just skipped over the "do you have to remove OEM cover or not " part.

thanks guys!