997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

HRE P43 vs. Forgestar CF10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:43 AM
jlund is on a distinguished road
HRE P43 vs. Forgestar CF10

I have a wheel question for you.

Just bought a black on black 997 with Aerokit. I am looking at purchasing wheels.

There is no doubt that my personal perfection are HRE P43 as seen here:

However the price tag will just never ever get by my wife.

I know that plenty of guys run Forgestar wheels, and while they are not HRE's I am far more comfortable with the pricepoint.

To me the Forgestar CF10 looks pretty darn similar to the P43

Is there anything else out there that is even closer to the P43?

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2015, 07:23 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Not really at the price point of forgestar. Champion has a set that looks similar and there is actually some for sale on the forum, but they are around $3400 I think.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Alleykat is on a distinguished road
I do a lot of powder coating especially on wheels. The sets I have got of forgestars have always had 2-3 wheels out of the set with nice bends on them. So either they're not so strong or my customers with forgestars drive like crap.

I like HRE but the pricing is def up there. Maybe wait for a used set or go another route.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Check out BC Forged wheels, great price and very decent quality.

http://www.pyspeed.com/SearchResults...rged+hb+series

Old 05-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Alleykat
I do a lot of powder coating especially on wheels. The sets I have got of forgestars have always had 2-3 wheels out of the set with nice bends on them. So either they're not so strong or my customers with forgestars drive like crap.

I like HRE but the pricing is def up there. Maybe wait for a used set or go another route.
There is no doubt in my mind that HRE wheels are superior, but there are tons of guys out there running Forgestars. If they were that bad I feel like there would be a lot more negative press...

Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Alleykat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jlund
There is no doubt in my mind that HRE wheels are superior, but there are tons of guys out there running Forgestars. If they were that bad I feel like there would be a lot more negative press...
You're more than welcome to buy Forgestar Im just giving you my first hand experience with them.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:07 AM
slammp is on a distinguished road
I'm running Forgestar F14's on my C4 in Boston (outside of winter). Plenty of bad roads and potholes in MA and the Forgestars have been fine over 3 summers. They are flowformed. HRE now offers a flowform wheel too so the process can't be too bad or HRE would not be following suit.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Alleykat
You're more than welcome to buy Forgestar Im just giving you my first hand experience with them.
The wife will just have to deal... Went with gunmetal HRE P43's. Can't wait to mount em up!

Old 05-02-2015, 06:03 PM
dmz
dmz is on a distinguished road
Excellent choice! You can't go wrong with HRE. I love my P43s!

Originally Posted by jlund
The wife will just have to deal... Went with gunmetal HRE P43's. Can't wait to mount em up!

Old 05-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
huge thing to keep in mind and why they are cheaper is quality. forgestar are cast wheelsmade in Asia , HRE is forged made in USA . HRE now also has a new cast wheels FF15 which is a multi spoke if its about more about price point.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:01 AM
slammp is on a distinguished road
Forgestar are not cast. They are flowformed. Different process. They are also headquartered in Anaheim not Asia.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by slammp
Forgestar are not cast. They are flowformed. Different process. They are also headquartered in Anaheim not Asia.
sorry but its is their name florgestar is all smoke and mirrors nothing forge about it. flow formed is a upgrade way to cast a wheel simple please read here is you don't believe. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90 . Flowform wheels still come out of a mold which has metal poured into a cast mold. its just a pretty way to call a castwheel using a new technique. and yes their offices in Cali that means nothing lol. They are made in asia 10000% most all cast wheels are made there.

Spun-Rim, Flow-Forming or Rim Rolling Technology

This specialized process begins with a low pressure type of casting and uses a special machine that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel without the high cost of the forging. Some of the special wheels produced for the O.E.M. high performance or limited production vehicles utilize this type of technology resulting in a light and strong wheel at a reasonable cost. O.Z. has used this technology for several years in their production of racing wheels for Formula One and Indy cars. O.Z.'s Formula HLT wheel for the aftermarket is an example of a wheel produced using spun rim technology.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WheelB
They are made in asia 10000%
... Which part of Asia? and so?

I see that you are a site sponsor and selling the competing products, so it would be helpful if you can specify exactly what the issues were for those that were made in Asia?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by simoncpw
... Which part of Asia? and so?

I see that you are a site sponsor and selling the competing products, so it would be helpful if you can specify exactly what the issues were for those that were made in Asia?
No one said anything about issues just stating facts about the building process as for cast issues you can Google them simple . As some one said flow form isn't cast which it is. Its nice to know what your buying with facts and some times people dont know how a wheel is made and why they cost more and some cost less just trying to help. Cast is simply a far inferior wheel to forged and this thread was comparing a cast wheel vs forged nothing more nothing less.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)

Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slammp
Forgestars are manufactured in China even if they're headquartered in Anaheim. Even their own vendors don't dispute that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE P43 vs. Forgestar CF10