997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Alleykat 911 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Alleykat is on a distinguished road
Alleykat 911 C2S

After months of being on autotrader and similar sites I finally found my car.My biggest concerns were it be an S and have the aerokit.One route would end up sold then another.Was almost closing in on a black car but truly my favorite color on vehicles is white.Almost all my other cars and bikes have been white.So I go on autotrader again and see an ad for a white S with aerokit.The ad had dark pictures and just bad angles with little info on the car.I arrange to meet up to see the car anyways and that was it.I ended up with an 08 S in white with black interior.

Here is what I know about it so far.

2008 C2S
Sport Chrono
Sport Seats
White gauges
Aerokit
X97 shift **** and ebrake
LED tails

My 1st impressions are I really like it! The only things I dont like right now are the shift **** lol.Yes I know its crazy expensive but i'd prefer a smooth billet one.The stock exhaust will have to go soon too its way too quite even with the sport mode.I don't want to do the gundo hack I want a proper system.Also about sport mode man that suspension gets pretty stiff! I was on a crappy road though so i'll have to try it again on a nicer one.The oem radio system sounds pretty good for stock but I find the controls cluttered. Haven't messed with it but going with a nice aftermarket HU is tempting.

Immediate plans are buy an alcantara shift boot,billet rounded shift **** from Rennline, carbon/alcantara flat bottom steering wheel.Buy new front lip and leave it black or repair/repaint the one I have now.Order new side stone guards not sure if clear or black ones.Mine are currently slightly yellowish from age.I have a set of wheels on order and another in storage.More on that once I figure out what route to go.Hopefully I can wrap the center part of the wing in black this week to add some contrast.

I ordered H&R springs before I even got the car but now that I see it I don't know if I wanna install them.The car does have a tire gap of course but the front lip is so low already.

My 1st mod was removing these Porsche crests that someone along the way installed on the fenders aka Ferrari style.The goo was a pain to remove. There is some very faint left over junk on there I'm gonna have a bodyshop wet sand and buff off.

Quick gas station pic I took.

I'm not big on black wheels so I hopefully will get 1 of my other sets on soon.

-Alex

Old 05-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Wayne Smith is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your beautiful new ride. I hope your garage is close to your bedroom for all those trips you'll be making throughout the night just to take a peak!

Old 05-24-2015, 03:02 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Very nice. Are you keeping the orange side markers? For the exhaust, I had Tubi on my 997.1 and it was killer. Even a neighbor with two Ferraris loved to listen to it.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:11 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
Congrats and nice car!

I'd vote on clear stone guards and black front lip.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Congrats on your beautiful new ride. I hope your garage is close to your bedroom for all those trips you'll be making throughout the night just to take a peak!
Thanks , I actually just walked back in the house from doing just that.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Very nice. Are you keeping the orange side markers? For the exhaust, I had Tubi on my 997.1 and it was killer. Even a neighbor with two Ferraris loved to listen to it.
I'm pretty sure I will go with the clear ones along with the LED DRL.

And yes 100% going tubi on this.Fabrication is part of my work/business so I'm not a stranger to making such a piece.I briefly looked under the back bumper and the piping looks tiny like 2 or 2.25 max.

Originally Posted by barbancourt
Congrats and nice car!

I'd vote on clear stone guards and black front lip.
Thank you, the front lip was really bothering me. I had someone point at it at a red light earlier.For temporary "fix" I started to plastidip it black. It will hide the scrapes until I get another one painted.

My buddy will be taking some proper pics of the car this week.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:06 AM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great. I just lowered my .2 on H&Rs, best ride height IMO.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:20 AM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Alleykat
Thank you, the front lip was really bothering me. I had someone point at it at a red light earlier.For temporary "fix" I started to plastidip it black. It will hide the scrapes until I get another one painted.

My buddy will be taking some proper pics of the car this week.
Yeah, that's why for lips that will "see action", I prefer black rubber. A long time ago, I had a low car with a body kit on it. Ended up painting the front bumper twice. Never again would I want a painted surface so close to the ground on one of my cars.

Sweet ride you got, though!

Old 05-25-2015, 01:07 PM
mk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nice
nice car!!

Old 05-25-2015, 11:44 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
And yes 100% going tubi on this.Fabrication is part of my work/business so I'm not a stranger to making such a piece.I briefly looked under the back bumper and the piping looks tiny like 2 or 2.25 max.
Sorry if I wasn't being clear. This is what I was referring to:

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...bi-997s-ex.htm

Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Alex,

Congrats on the purchase! Car looks good man

Edwin - Fellow HI member (and your sister bought my 2GS)

Old 05-26-2015, 09:38 PM
doh! is on a distinguished road
I see you.

wait til I sell my NSX

Old 05-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by phily911
Looks great. I just lowered my .2 on H&Rs, best ride height IMO.
Nice,im gonna wait for me to put on the new wheels and then install the springs at same time.

Originally Posted by barbancourt
Yeah, that's why for lips that will "see action", I prefer black rubber. A long time ago, I had a low car with a body kit on it. Ended up painting the front bumper twice. Never again would I want a painted surface so close to the ground on one of my cars.

Sweet ride you got, though!
Thank you,I agree it needs to stay black.

Originally Posted by mk3boy
nice car!!
Nice avatar.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Sorry if I wasn't being clear. This is what I was referring to:

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...bi-997s-ex.htm
Oh ok the actual brand is named tubi.In the fab world I guess tubi can pass as a full tubular exhaust setup without cats/mufflers.Im driving the car getting my fix so I dont get too crazy while its apart for work to get started.

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Alex,

Congrats on the purchase! Car looks good man

Edwin - Fellow HI member (and your sister bought my 2GS)
Edwin! I finally made my way into Porsche land.I saw that Techart roof spoiler you have,trade you for an ASM dry carbon s2000 duckbill lol jk.I've been holding onto this spoiler for years.

Originally Posted by doh!
I see you.

wait til I sell my NSX
Im waiting for you bud.
Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
Nice ride. As far as exhaust goes, I'll give my humble opinion. Go with headers and highflow cats. Best bang for the buck really. With those two installed do a Gundo hack and you're in business. Here's a video of mine with that setup.
Sounds good I definitely need more sound asap.I've already ordered some materials.

Your car looks great btw,saw it in the wheels thread.Love the split 5 spokes.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
very nice looking. Really didn't think id like a white Porsche but with the right black trim n accents they really do look nice

Old 05-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Edwin! I finally made my way into Porsche land.I saw that Techart roof spoiler you have,trade you for an ASM dry carbon s2000 duckbill lol jk.I've been holding onto this spoiler for years.
Haha... trade you a AKGarage ruckus for it.

Edwin

Old 05-27-2015, 07:27 PM
juank20 will become famous soon enoughjuank20 will become famous soon enough
congrats! looks very nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alleykat 911 C2S