997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Carerra Logo torn off back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Franky Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Carerra Logo torn off back

Got my car washed the other day by some guys on the side of the road offering detailing, etc....long story short I got home and noticed the "C" on the logo back of the car is ripped off....I'm thinking maybe their shammy cloth got caught in it or something but it wasn't there before I had it hand washed. Anyway, where can I order another one and how much am I looking at?

Last edited by Franky Knuckles; 05-26-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:18 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Old 05-24-2015, 05:20 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Franky Knuckles
Got my car washed the other day by some guys on the side of the road offering detailing, etc....long story short I got home and noticed the "C" on the logo back of the car is ripped off....I'm thinking maybe their shammy cloth got caught in it or something but it wasn't there before I had it hand washed. Anyway, where can I order another one and how much am I looking at?
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Code=997logos

Old 05-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Go naked!

Or get a replacement from bumperplugs.com

Old 05-24-2015, 10:35 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Id leave it ... I like the broken in look!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Alleykat is on a distinguished road
She's deflowered now.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:13 AM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Id leave it ... I like the broken in look!

Old 05-25-2015, 05:48 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
I got mine on ebay, fairly cheap and pre glued.
u can remove old one with dental floss. I recommend u use some type of painters tape at bottom of Carrera for reference points, clean area with rubbing alcohol, press on..

Old 05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
dalancroft is on a distinguished road
Hate to be snide -- OK, actually I love to be snide -- but shouldn't you change your handle? "...some guys on the side of the road offering detailing ..." What, are you a Hyundai owner? Otherwise your handle should be "Frank Knucklehead." Yikes.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dalancroft
Hate to be snide -- OK, actually I love to be snide -- but shouldn't you change your handle? "...some guys on the side of the road offering detailing ..." What, are you a Hyundai owner? Otherwise your handle should be "Frank Knucklehead." Yikes.
Lol!
But the reality is that not everyone is as **** as some of us. I never let anyone touch my car with a cleaning cloth or anything. Midnight Blue and no swirls. Looks like the day it was new. So easy on the Knucklehead lol

Old 05-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Franky Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dalancroft
It was a small mobile detailing setup run buy five or six people. I'd been there a few times before with good results on my other cars. I brought my Porsche there after one of the guys mentioned he'd worked at BMW doing detailing, etc.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:44 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
tough crowd tonite

Old 05-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
We have emblems here and this DIY (figure 3; I like to use Goo Gone and a mechanic rag to rub the residue off) should help you with installing it. It's pretty simple. Good luck!

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-26-2015, 03:56 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
After you get the glue residue off, please clay bar, buff any scratches, glaze/swirl remover, then wax.... THEN apply the new calling card.
Yes, we are a fussy bunch.

I like watching the factory workers using their template in placing the emblems...Im Jelly. I always just use painters tape.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:33 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
I'm thinking of replacing my Carrera S badging with the 991-style chrome PORSCHE script

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carerra Logo torn off back