997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Porsche dealer and outside PPI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Street Fighter is on a distinguished road
The Porsche dealer and outside PPI

So it looks like the Porsche dealer wont let a CPO car off the lot to have a Indy shop do the PPI.
Does any one find that strange.
Has any one bought a CPO Car and was able to have a INDY shop look at it.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:00 AM
namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !
Ask if they'll let the indy use one of their bays then. If not then I'd pass.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:02 AM
they did say to me have them come over here and do it (the dealer said)
I will ask the Indy shop if that will work.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
First I've heard of that, if the dealer knows the car is good, they shouldn't care who PPI it, if they think the PPI might not come out so well then it makes sense why they won't let you take it for a PPI. They know an Indy will not come out to provide one. They are hoping someone see that it's CPO'ed and skip the PPI. Founds fishy to me.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:27 PM
ya it does
You know its a little bit of a hassle but I or someone could by the car then have it PPI then if it showed something wrong have the dealer eat **** on it.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
to get me up to speed. What does "CPO and PPI" stand for?

Old 07-02-2015, 03:23 PM
rlougee is on a distinguished road
Certified Pre Owned
Pre Purchase Inspection

Old 07-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
If you can visually inspect the car to your heart's content, and drive it, then I wonder why a PPI would matter if the dealer intends to CPO it. Not being contentious, just wondering (perhaps ignorantly) outloud.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:18 AM
rickdogg82 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Street Fighter
So it looks like the Porsche dealer wont let a CPO car off the lot to have a Indy shop do the PPI.
Does any one find that strange.
Has any one bought a CPO Car and was able to have a INDY shop look at it.
Are you a serious buyer? If you come to an agreement (price, financing, trade, deposit, etc.) to buy the car contingent on a clean PPI, I see no reason why they wouldn't let it off the lot.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Told them I have cash in hand $62,000
No Dice
problem is I am in California they are in Houston.
I was hoping to have the PPI done then after everything looked good fly out last and have a look for my self and buy it.
but Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Probably was in a flood anyways.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
if its a dealer and a CPO car why the hell you want to waste money on a PPI. that makes ZERO sense

Old 07-03-2015, 09:51 PM
speedvagen is on a distinguished road
I was in a similar boat when I bought my 997.2 C4S. I decided not to do a PPI since the car was CPO'd. Bought the car from a dealer in Houston and had it shipped to me. Wasn't too concerned since there was a warranty on it. I had a friend go look at the body and interior.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Christian
if its a dealer and a CPO car why the hell you want to waste money on a PPI. that makes ZERO sense
Would you believe that a dealer would screw you over, knowing you're in a different state and have little legal recourse?
It's a lot of money to spend on a distant salesman's word that you don't know and will probably not return your car when you start finding little things wrong with the car. It's always a good idea to get a non biased opinion of the car's condition.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:51 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I think it's odd the dealership won't allow a PPI by a local shop. An alternative would be to negotiate the price, send a refundable deposit should the car not be as advertised so you know it won't be sold out from under you, and catch a flight to TX. If it is all good, then you are good. If it is not what they claimed, it cost you a day and a flight.

Communication is the key to these kind of deals. Are you dealing with the GM? Sales Mgr.? I would not deal with a run-of-the-mill salesperson on an out-of-state transaction. I want to negotiate and deal with someone with "tenure" who will be there and has the ability to commit to a deal. Have you received a ton of high-res photos already?

Last edited by cairo94507; 07-04-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:31 AM
no the dealer has crappy pictures and took them of a dirty car plus get this the engine compartment is filthy. (Like water spots)Texas?
http://www.porschewest.com/certified...f532067860.htm

when I asked for better pictures the salesman said by time I get there the car would be detailed.
I swear they don't care because im in California

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Porsche dealer and outside PPI