997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lady in a Hummer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 01:44 PM
manishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud of
Angry Lady in a Hummer

So a few weeks back, this lady in a jacked up hummer decided to merge in my lane and her front passenger tire took me out, she didn't see me. Hard to see when you are sitting 20 feet above the ground - The car is being sorted, quarter panel, bumper, side skirt & the wheel. Just an unnecessary headache

Now that this is going to be on CarFax how much do you think I'd loose on resale when if I do decide to sell (09 C4s 6 Speed 35K), I'm assuming 5 to 10K? Going to talk to the insurance company for Diminished Value - has anyone on the board dealt with this matter?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hummer Hit 1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	426492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hummer Hit 2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	426493  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:58 PM
rickdogg82 will become famous soon enough
Doesn't look like much damage. How much is the repair bill minus the wheel?

Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
That looks like you could have waxed all that off, put on some new stone guard and save a jacked up CarFax! Make her buy a new wheel, pull your side skirt off and get it painted for $250 and be done. No way would I have the whole side of the car painted for that. Unless I am missing something.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:12 PM
manishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Marpir821
That looks like you could have waxed all that off, put on some new stone guard and save a jacked up CarFax! Make her buy a new wheel, pull your side skirt off and get it painted for $250 and be done. No way would I have the whole side of the car painted for that. Unless I am missing something.
I wish I could have waxed the darn thing. It's not the entire quarter panel that's being painted - not sure if you can see from the angle but the top part by the wheel arch is dented in that had to be pulled out and give the rounded 4S flare. Where the stone guard is it was fine except at the bottom where the wheel shaved off the paint.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by rickdogg82
Doesn't look like much damage. How much is the repair bill minus the wheel?
awaiting the final number from the body shop

Old 08-20-2015, 11:59 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by manishdutta
So a few weeks back, this lady in a jacked up hummer decided to merge in my lane and her front passenger tire took me out, she didn't see me. Hard to see when you are sitting 20 feet above the ground - The car is being sorted, quarter panel, bumper, side skirt & the wheel. Just an unnecessary headache

Now that this is going to be on CarFax how much do you think I'd loose on resale when if I do decide to sell (09 C4s 6 Speed 35K), I'm assuming 5 to 10K? Going to talk to the insurance company for Diminished Value - has anyone on the board dealt with this matter?
My -09 C4S was rear ended by a jacked up pickup. His front bumper plowed right into the decklid but missed my rear bumper altogether. Total repairs came to $4,500 as I recall it and I received $3,200 for diminished value from Geico who insured the pickup that hit me.

This will not come easy if you attempt it and your own insurance company more than likely won't get involved but you can pull it off with some patience and constructive behavior.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:16 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sandwedge
...constructive behavior.

That could go anywhere!!!

Old 08-21-2015, 09:23 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
insurance question - if the other side is paying, don't you have a right to go to whichever shop you want, get a quote, and simply ask the other side for a payout and you'll take care of getting fixed? or do they need to see the quote, etc? reason i'm asking is if you simply get a payout, nothing would be reported, right?

(be gentle, altho i have dealt with insurance incidents in the past, i'm still 99% unsure how the whole ponzi scheme works. )

Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 AM
@Sandwedge - Thx

Her insurance is paying, the car is at this Ferrari/Lambo Certified body shop. So fully confident they'll do a solid job.

Yeah certainly will be gentle and patient in dealing with these folks, just an unecessary headache