997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2S center muffler bypass with gundo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:41 AM
Tomp is on a distinguished road
997.2S center muffler bypass with gundo

2009 cabriolet street pleasure driver.

I was originally worried it would get to loud with a modified exhaust but.
I just had the Gundo Hack with 2"pipe done to my OEM mufflers and it sounds much better, noticeable just when you put your foot down.

I think I would like to add a center muffler bypass also and not sure on what design to go with if it matters for HP and Sound
Fab Speed style Xpipe or Sharkworks/ BillyBoat Cross over style.

Thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Izzycab has a spectacular aura aboutIzzycab has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed, I want to do the Gundo and a Xpipe also on my 997.2. Worried if it will sound too loud.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Tomp is on a distinguished road
I received a message from Cargraphic regarding the difference between their two X pipe designs, this is the response.

DEAR TOM

HP AND TORQUE GAIN ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL

THE OPEN ONE IS QUIETER AS THE GAS POSTSCOLLIDE ; SLIGHTLY DEEPER SOUND

THE CLOSED ONE HAS A SEPERATED GAS STREAM ANDIS LOUDER ; MORE HIGHER SOUND

Old 08-26-2015, 07:43 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
That contradicts what they posted previously, I believe on Rennlist. When they first developed the bypass they stated that the closed design made better power than the closed design.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:33 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
This is the exact mod I've done to my 997.2. My only regret is that I waited so long to do it. Perfect sound, no drone, cheaper than replacing entire cat-back exhaust with some aftermarket system. I get compliments all the time on how good the Gundo Hack and crossover pipes sound. Get to it.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:59 AM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
That contradicts what they posted previously, I believe on Rennlist. When they first developed the bypass they stated that the closed design made better power than the closed design.
Well, I just came across what I wrote 5 years ago and it makes no sense. I can't remember what I was trying to say either. The internet is a weird place.