997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vinyl wrapping centre consol.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 06:08 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Vinyl wrapping centre consol.

Decided to vinyl wrap my centre consol in matte black. Materials are on the way will post pics when done.

Also Ill be wrapping it without removing it. Will just take a bit longer. And a hole cut in the right place to slip the handbrake through. Ill have time to move the seats back and forth to get the air bubbles out. Once thats done and its pushed into all the edges I can take my time cutting it.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:15 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Will the vinyl stick to the rubberized coating or will you have to remove it? Or do you have a painted console?

Off-topic, but how do you like your Eurocharged tune? I was thinking about getting a tune for my 997...

Old 09-07-2015, 09:54 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
It will stick. The console will be prepped with a oil remover prior I mean it's 10 years old its very dry hard surface. If I don't like the feel of it after the oil remover then I can sand it a little. Using a vacuum/cloth to clean as I go.

If I take my time should be able to get the whole thing done in around 2 hours. I've got a vinyl wrap kit with different sized squeegees and exacta knives.

If it goes well I will do the same to the window switch surrounds and the inside door sills.

Eurocharged tune is good as the after service is very good. As far as performance goes the throttle response and curve is a little more 'lively'.

Btw thankfully my seats are electric so the moving back and forth will be easy for the installation of the wrap.

Last edited by no1joey; 09-07-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:01 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
It would probably be a lot easier to wrap the console with it on a workbench than in the car.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
+1 - pull the center console out, it's not that hard to do. Your results will be 10X better

Old 09-09-2015, 01:30 AM
Unfortunately I have had to remove the centre consol, realised that I would need to spray the thing with adhesion promoter. I dont want to have to take the thing out if the vinyl didn't stick.

Removal was a headache for tiptronic. I DC the battery which i dont think I needed to do as in Australia we don't have the airbag switch on the centre console.

Should have pics up soon.