997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SUCCESS! 991 Sports Lip installed on 997.2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:15 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Emc where is the thread you indicated?
Sorry Rick, not sure why the link didn't show. See post #66 here

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...997-2-a-5.html

Old 12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Daohaus will become famous soon enoughDaohaus will become famous soon enough
My bodyshop did the install last friday and modified your instructions a bit. Didn't end using the factory 997.2 lower lip to attach the spoiler and it's securely fastened to the bumper.

Last edited by Daohaus; 12-22-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:31 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Daohaus
My bodyshop did the install last friday and modified your instructions a bit. Didn't end using the factory 997.2 lower lip to attach the spoiler and it's securely fastened to the bumper.

Great to hear. Looks like your photo didn't upload correctly though.

How did they attach the spoiler?
Looking forward to seeing the results.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Daohaus will become famous soon enoughDaohaus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by EMC2
Great to hear. Looks like your photo didn't upload correctly though.

How did they attach the spoiler?
Looking forward to seeing the results.
lemme try it again.

But I showed my friend your post and he thought about it crawled under the car and said "you dont need to do that, we'll just attach it directly to the bumper" Busted out with his trusty box of Würth assortment of screws and proceed to attach the spoiler to the bumper. Stiff as hell and i've already scrapped coming in and out of driveways forgetting how low my car is LOL

Old 12-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Looks great - well done.
Like I said upfront, my solution may have been overkill so it's nice to see this can be done easily.
Any chance you know what specific Würth screws were used?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:42 PM
nvelicu is on a distinguished road
Nice job and thanks for sharing EMC2 and Daohous. I also think my 997.2 is missing something, and think this would add the least inches to my front bumper clearance from the choices I've seen. Will order soon :-).

Daohous - do you happen to have any pics of the underside, to see where/how many Würth screws were used. Also, what type of screws did he use...flat head, self piercing, etc.

Are you guys still happy with the resilience of the lip and install after some time passed? Does it make a big difference from stock 997.2 when going over speed humps or the higher speed bumps?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by nvelicu
Nice job and thanks for sharing EMC2 and Daohous. I also think my 997.2 is missing something, and think this would add the least inches to my front bumper clearance from the choices I've seen. Will order soon :-). Daohous - do you happen to have any pics of the underside, to see where/how many Würth screws were used. Also, what type of screws did he use...flat head, self piercing, etc. Are you guys still happy with the resilience of the lip and install after some time passed? Does it make a big difference from stock 997.2 when going over speed humps or the higher speed bumps? Thanks again for sharing your experiences!
Thanks.
With stock suspension you should have very few issues with it scraping. I have TechArt lowering springs and definitely have to approach steep driveways and ramps carefully.
I made mistakes twice in the beginning with some difficult steep drives, but the spoiler flexes very well, and i only got some scrapes on the underside which are completely out of site.

I definitely highly recommend this spoiler as it finishes off the stock front bumper beautifully imho

Old 01-14-2016, 05:17 AM
mblueracer is on a distinguished road

For now I'm working on the back end, coils and spark plugs changed but my next move is the front lip. I received the 991 front lip already. It's good to read we have at least 2 options, with ou without keeping the original lip. I'm tempted by the option of removing original lip, that way I have a possibility to swap back to factory style, assuming the mounting is not damaging original fixing features.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:50 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by roelricardo
Do you think It will work on a 997.1?? any thoughts

the car looks amazing
also have the same Q, still looking for a proper spoiler for the .1, am lacking downforce at autobahn speeds, the higher ones...

Old 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks emc. But I really hope Daohaus can share more on his install. I'm pretty sure as we move along innovations to emc's lip install will be discovered for everyone to benefit from.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:40 AM
mblueracer is on a distinguished road

So I removed the front bumper and the central OEM lip.
1) Direct mounting as I see it:
No existing mounting features can be reused. The 991 lip top must made sleek flat. Then a set of screws could do the fixing. ATTENTION: in my case the rubber tube for headlights washers was running just above the lip on the inside so I would not drill blindly from below. Better to remove the bumper I think. Then bolts could be used instead of screws as you access the inner side. I would cut the squares pieces on the side of 991 lip. There would be no extra space between top of 991 lip and bottom of 997.2 bumper. No seal would be required.
2) Fix 991 lip on 997.2 lip
I see the main advantage of reusing OEM fixing. The 997.2 lip must be cut obviously. Then the thickness of that lip would be visible between 991 lip and bottom of 997.2 bumper. A seal would be required. Again I would cut the squares at the end of 991 lip.
Conclusion: I put back the bumper and I'm thinking more about options. There is no super easy fit without some cuts and bending and drilling.
Great thread by the way.

Last edited by mblueracer; 01-18-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:14 PM
roelricardo will become famous soon enough
Nice pictures, I hope the installation ends well.

My question is if this nice front spoiler will work on a 997.1, any brave that has time and money to adventure!!!

Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 PM
Great post and pics.
This also helps to show the difference in default curvature between the 991 lip and the 997.2 lip. It is perhaps important to mention the the 991 lip is very flexible. This why you can easily bend the 991 lip to take on the same curvature as the 997.2 lip and therefore use the same mounting points if you "fuse" the 2 parts together, albeit with some degree of effort.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results - good luck with the instal. You'll love the look when you're done .
Originally Posted by mblueracer

So I removed the front bumper and the central OEM lip.
1) Direct mounting as I see it:
No existing mounting features can be reused. The 991 lip top must made sleek flat. Then a set of screws could do the fixing. ATTENTION: in my case the rubber tube for headlights washers was running just above the lip on the inside so I would not drill blindly from below. Better to remove the bumper I think. Then bolts could be used instead of screws as you access the inner side. I would cut the squares pieces on the side of 991 lip. There would be no extra space between top of 991 lip and bottom of 997.2 bumper. No seal would be required.
2) Fix 991 lip on 997.2 lip
I see the main advantage of reusing OEM fixing. The 997.2 lip must be cut obviously. Then the thickness of that lip would be visible between 991 lip and bottom of 997.2 bumper. A seal would be required. Again I would cut the squares at the end of 991 lip.
Conclusion: I put back the bumper and I'm thinking more about options. There is no super easy fit without some cuts and bending and drilling.
Great thread by the way.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:52 PM
Sawborg is on a distinguished road
Nice! Great job!

Old 01-28-2016, 03:22 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Hope we can get daohaus to share pics of his install to see how easy it is to do. Common brother don't be shy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: SUCCESS! 991 Sports Lip installed on 997.2