997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Shout out to Hagerty - Agreed Value Policy on my RUF 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Shout out to Hagerty - Agreed Value Policy on my RUF 997

Had a great day today!

Because of the RUF modifications on my car, relative rarity, and the extensiveness of the other upgrades (suspension, interior, etc), Hagerty has written an Agreed Value policy on it under their Modified/Tuner classification, so I now have peace of mind should the unthinkable happen in that I'll be able to replace it with something as nice and unique vs fighting with my regular carrier on what my particular '05 997 is worth. It now joins my 914 and 928 Spyder under the Hagerty umbrella.

I submitted lots of documentation, including RUF Registry info, a spreadsheet with replacement costs of all the currently installed upgrades including web links to the specific product pages to the vendors who sell them, and a bunch of photos.

This isn't likely an option for those of you that DD your 997s, but I'm very relieved to have this type of coverage in place on this particular car. As a future side benefit, it pulls the more expensive vehicles off my regular policy that my children will eventually be added to in a few years, which may save me some money at that time.

Cheers.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:39 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
nice congrats!!! amazing car..... and a great forum member always willing to help others.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Stunning 911!

Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM
BF951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fantastic, glad that it is properly covered. I had covered my completely non-stock 86 951 with Hagerty for an agreed upon value after submitting minor documentation. When I sold it I was glad to see that they were willing to cover the 06 997 C2S for an agreed upon amount. It was about 10K higher than what Nationwide was covering it for and it does not depreciate like the Nationwide policy did. It was also slightly less to insure.
Also by separating it out of the Nationwide policy my wife and daughters don't have to be listed on it as drivers. Nationwide forces all eligible drivers to be listed on a vehicle when of age and the premium goes through the roof.
Hagerty client for life!

Old 01-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you guys. BF951, your Nationwide example is what I was thinking will also happen to me with Travelers in a few years when my daughter starts driving. I've got about 3 years to add a less nice vehicle into the fleet. I might need Hagerty to take a look at the widebody Cayenne 957 Turbo S I'm building as well.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:19 AM
BF951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hagerty has been great in every to date. I am sure issues do exist but it has been all positive for me and this is in-line with their reputation.

Good luck over these next 3 years and after !

My oldest is 15 and she thought she was going to drive the 951, which was not comfortable & barely street legal. Many funny conversations about that. She's going to get something like a Subaru.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:08 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Love your car!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by White Rock
Love your car!
Thanks Buddy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.