American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
A broken clock is right 2x a day too.. I dont care if the equipment was made my Tag, Rolex, Panerai, Big Ben, or Jesus.. The MIAMI venues were a joke and everyone knew it.. everyone posted that speeds were off except the guys looking to run 20mph faster than their car was.. if your 252 stands then might as well keep the 266 as well.. why is yours better than theirs?? Both we run in Crooked Miami..

Texas is always on point and so is Maxton.. Along with Bonneville of course.. If your record stands we might as well just use Vbox for records then and test it out on US27 right?? Why does it even need to be at an event if we are going to just use secondary timing to confirm the primary system??

Mike
LOL....so your blanket opinion covers all three different event organizers who have timed events in miami?

It's the event where the 266mph was claimed (exotics rally) that is in dispute by most all who ran that day while I've heard nobody step in and dispute times recorded on tag heuer at topgun run where we posted our 252.9 mph run.

Just because two venues are known for accuracy does not mean everything else is make believe.

If the PCA Potomac Founders region shows up and presents a badly run track day at Elkart Lake, does that mean the entire venue and all of it's sanctioning bodies are in question?

I feel you are commenting upon a venue and event in which you have not participated.

Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 10-26-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey
LOL....so your blanket opinion covers all three sanctioning bodies who timed events there?

It's the event where the 266mph was claimed that is in dispute by most all who ran that day while I've heard nobody step in and dispute times recorded on tag heuer at topgun run.

Just because two venues are known for accuracy does not mean everything else is make believe.

I feel you are commenting upon a venue and event in which you have not participated.
Please inform me of these Sanctioning Bodies.. Im curious..

Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
If you had been to any of them, you would know who they are and be qualified to comment.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
If you had been to any of them, you would know who they are and be qualified to comment.
I have been to them.. Im curious to know your thoughts of who is a SANCTIONING BODY for LSR racing in MIAMI.. You open a corp on Sunbiz, rent the track, and add timing equipment and you become a sanctioning body right..

L

Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
i was at that 266 Miami event and anyone that says the timing was an issue once corrected at about 11:00am is a liar!! Yes there was a timing issue, the equipment was reading 10-15mpw SLOW!!! Once sorted everyones gps,vbox,speedo's and the equipment was in sync all day till about 5 when we ended. There was not one min the entire day when anyone said the time was off once it was sorted out nor was there one time when anyone said it was reading too fast. Im so sick of hearing people that weren't there talk about how everything was off like it was chaos all day. Anyway the venue was great and we had about a mile to stop after our runs

Old 10-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I have been to them.. Im curious to know your thoughts of who is a SANCTIONING BODY for LSR racing in MIAMI.. You open a corp on Sunbiz, rent the track, and add timing equipment and you become a sanctioning body right..

L

Yeah....probably should have said "event organizers"

Still.......it's the timing equipment and the technician who runs it who determines accuracy regardless of the venue.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
i was at that 266 Miami event and anyone that says the timing was an issue once corrected at about 11:00am is a liar!! Yes there was a timing issue, the equipment was reading 10-15mpw SLOW!!! Once sorted everyones gps,vbox,speedo's and the equipment was in sync all day till about 5 when we ended. There was not one min the entire day when anyone said the time was off once it was sorted out nor was there one time when anyone said it was reading too fast. Im so sick of hearing people that weren't there talk about how everything was off like it was chaos all day. Anyway the venue was great and we had about a mile to stop after our runs

I know of a couple cars owners that claim the speeds were wrong all day.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:45 AM
blaze is on a distinguished road
The "266mph ford GT" guys were not there to contest thier record claim even after saying many times "We'll see what happens in texas".

We showed up and they did not but it is possible that they were working with thier new Matech GT and consider it more important than texas at this time because it probably is more important.
That, and losing a TT Gulf at the hands of an uninsured tuner a month prior might have been a factor as well.

Did PP's storm trooper make the trip?

I'm curious about how his previous display of firepower would have been received in Texas.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blaze
That, and losing a TT Gulf at the hands of an uninsured tuner a month prior might have been a factor as well.

that had ZERO to do with them not attending the Texas Mile.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:28 AM
blaze is on a distinguished road
Yes, that's why I said might have. That ordeal is fubar.

I know if I were in Peak's position I would be too preoccupied with handling that issue to be fully concentrated on anything else since it had not been resolved as of last week.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:45 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I got an idea. Why don't you just submit your vbox data to Divexxtreme to verify. If you don't wanted it posted publicly - fine. He can still verify the data.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
No Vbox data because we run aim evo4.....which is probably more accurate.

The gps data for speed is displayed on a video overlay on the smartycam and, though it read 255 briefly, the speed of 252 was confirmed by the exact same tag heuer timing equipment that was used only two weeks earlier in the olympics.

The data will same the same thing as overlay of the speed because the display is a visual representation of the data.

Also.....GPS data can not be trusted unless everybody uses the same software package and build number because most all gps systems use some flavor of anticipatory algorithm which is fine on something going a constant speed but will not be accurate on a vehicle accelerating in a non-linear fashion.

Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 10-27-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
No Vbox data because we run aim evo4.....which is probably more acccurate.

The gps data for speed is displayed on a video overlay on the smartycam and, though it read 255 briefly, the speed of 252 was confirmed by the exact same tag heuer timing equipment that was used only two weeks earlier in the olympics.

The data will same the same thing as overlay of the speed because the display is a visual representation of the data.

Next time we go over 252.9, we will provide aim data and a tube of vagisil to whoever requests it.
In for some Vagisil along with the AIM data.. let us know when you break 252 at a real sanctioned event and when you break 300 hit me up as well.. Id love to congratulate you..

252 is realistic 266 is not.. Either way the FGT guys with their claimed records are the ONLY guys not to have some data to provide.. how convenient..

Mike

Old 10-29-2010, 08:45 AM
LOL.......We've already know what our car is capable of.

When you break 250, then it's time for a stakes race.

Let me know when it happens.

Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 10-29-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 AM
How about a high stakes top speed in the mile race vs your fastest car?

All involved should show at the Texas Mile in March.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile