American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
I heard that when it went 249 in Texas it actually let off at the 3/4 mark due to problems. Not sure if this is true.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
I heard that when it went 249 in Texas it actually let off at the 3/4 mark due to problems. Not sure if this is true.
There is NO WAY to let off and coast 1/4 mile and go 249mph.. For example in the 1/4 mile if your go 150mph and you chop at the 1000ft youll drop somewhere around 20-30mph.. Thats only 300ft before the end..

If he chopped at the 3/4 he'd have to be going 300+ by then.. LOL

MIke

Old 04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
some more pics and videos from today....

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/exotic...es-videos-2010

Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
There is NO WAY to let off and coast 1/4 mile and go 249mph.. For example in the 1/4 mile if your go 150mph and you chop at the 1000ft youll drop somewhere around 20-30mph.. Thats only 300ft before the end..

If he chopped at the 3/4 he'd have to be going 300+ by then.. LOL

MIke

Just what I read on another forum, I also read that on a private rental track day a few days before the Miami event it went 269.x

Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
How did the UGR gallardos do in Miami?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
How did the UGR gallardos do in Miami?
According to John Reed the Tuner..

"we packed up the car after one run, no sense in risking it when the numbers won't be believed, timming equipment is not working right"

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
What did it run on that pass?

Where did you read this Mike?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Former Vendor
What did it run on that pass?

Where did you read this Mike?
I know John Reed the tuner and Info was given to me by a buddy Mario.. Not sure what it ran on the 1 pass.. I didnt ask.. Ill find out for you..

Mike

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I just read on lambopit 232.....

Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 PM
SGC
SGC is on a distinguished road
For what ever its worth, I was out there today and speeds seemed to be what they were supposed to be. There were guys out there crying that the speeds were too slow. Go figure.

Modded GT-Rs in the mid 170s;
Lighted modded still Supercharged Ford GTs in the low to mid 180s;
Modded Porsche 996 Turbo in the high 170's.
Lightly modded new Vipers 170s.
Twin turbo Gallardo spyder high 190s.

Lots of cars in the 160s and 150s.

I saw the equipment they were using and was advised that it is similar in nature to what they use at Bonneville.

I went 185 mph at a Top Gun Run event, and have added 50 rwhp since then. Today I went 191 mph and is what I expected. Seems right to me.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor
I think anyone that is out there after a record with the possibility of breaking it should at least have some GPS readings to back it up.. while it will not be exact it will be very close to the timers.. If the GPS is showing 20mph slower it will be quite obvious..

They even had an 18mph headwind supposedly.. That is HUGE!!! if that wind was a tail wind that would have put this car in the mid 270's..

Mike

Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM
SGC
SGC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I think anyone that is out there after a record with the possibility of breaking it should at least have some GPS readings to back it up.. while it will not be exact it will be very close to the timers.. If the GPS is showing 20mph slower it will be quite obvious..

They even had an 18mph headwind supposedly.. That is HUGE!!! if that wind was a tail wind that would have put this car in the mid 270's..

Mike
I agree.

Every time I run at this airport I encounter a headwind. I was hoping for a tailwind yesterday. No such luck. I used a GPS and found it to be within 1-2 mph of my runs all day at the Exotics Rally Event. The equipment was much better than I have seen at other mile events there. Everyone should have received a printed time slip of their run with speed and time splits at 1/4 mile and mile. I did.

At another mile event I attended, they used a radar gun on an angle and gave me my speed a sticky pad with a number written in magic marker. Needless to say the times were off.

In any event, I think the speeds at the Exotics Rally event were spot on.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 AM
rolemodel is on a distinguished road
We just need the gps logged file. Post it up someone.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Just when you think 250 mph in the mile is fast, somebody goes and shatters that with this. Congrats to Heffner and the owner of this Ford GT. Proving once again American Muscle can't be beat.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Congrats to another american ride,...F'in up the imports.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile