American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
i was also at this event and early in the morning there was proplems with the timing equipment that was corrected and then matched what everyone did on there gps including power house, they also broke there record that day when they went 255!!! my m6 that i checked the speedo on a dyno at 200 indicating i was 188 on the dyno yesterday at 180-183 indicated i got 171.XX so after correction i was ok with the numbers for the rest of the day, also the timiing was the same for everyone so when powerhouse went 255 the same equpiment recorded heffner

Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 AM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
plus who sanctions the texas mile anyway>> isnt it just more popular?? nhra,nascar,irl,cart, who?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
I was there i saw everyone run multiple time no one packed up and just left .. who was running especially all the big boys with semi trucks. And yes equipment was not accurate at the beginning of day but they stopped running cars and sorted it out .. a few friends ran after correcting and v-boxes in cars were right on with timing equipment give or take few minor diff but nothing crazy ..

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
They did have to reset the timing equipment and even they had a pass that was off. Kinda funny how they all ran under the same timing equipment but the yellow car was the only one that went fast LOL. Performance power went 255 inwhich they went 252 before in march. Underground went 247 on gps and timing equipment said 232 it was fixed after that.... The yellow car in question ran 249.7 in texas with only 26lbs of boost. It makes a hair over 1400rwhp with 26lbs of boost. It picks up 40rwhp per pound of boost, they ran 41lbs of boost in miami and it made 1835 rwhp with 37lbs of boost on the dyno earlier in the week. It maxed out two sets of id1000 injectors in miami with 45lbs of base fuel pressure...IT went 168ph in the quarter on the mile, inwhich when we were in texas it only went 155 on the v-box with 26 lbs of boost. IT went over 220 in the half mile and over 250 in the 3/4. In texas we went 250 at the 3/4 mile mark, but it only had 2 sets of 80lbs injecotrs and we maxed them out and the motec studdered the last 1/4 mile. That was with 37 lbs of boost. We picked up 9 mph to the 3/4 mile mark in texas by going from 27 to 37 lbs of boost and in Texas it was easily on a 260+ pass...

There is a little data for all you naysayers....

Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
So at the texas mile it had 1400rwhp togo 249.7 and it had 1995rwhp or so at miami with the motec traction control also workn inwhich it did not in texas. Pretty much had there not been inj issues in texas it would of went over 260.....

Dan Schoneck

Old 04-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Also the car was poping out of 5th gear so Ray had to hold it in 5th gear

Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dans776
So at the texas mile it had 1400rwhp togo 249.7 and it had 1995rwhp or so at miami with the motec traction control also workn inwhich it did not in texas. Pretty much had there not been inj issues in texas it would of went over 260.....

Dan Schoneck

side question, Dan when will your GT be up and runnin?

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by WHEELSJ
side question, Dan when will your GT be up and runnin?

Probally July, working on Carbon Body panels as we speek Clambshell is done this week and roof skin will be done soon. Just gotta get after fenders, hood, bumpers, and doors.....Its coming together though

Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Dan -

Thanks for posting more info about the run and the changes since the TX Mile. Is the data from a pbox? If so, please post up the graph and submit the file to Divexxtreme.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
a few things i would like to address... I was there helping the event organizer as he is a friend of mine....
Here is what happened and how it happened...

"Absolutely there were timing issues for the first 1/2 of the day.

History: We arrived at the Airport 5am to begin setting up the timing system. Due to Ray's Jet landing at 7am we needed to wait until then to actually place all the traps in their proper place. Once landed we proceeded to setup the system completely. Everything was measured accurately and it was tested as well, compared with vBox and was completely functioning properly.

8am, Jason Heffner approached me with an issue regarding the placement of the timing system and that the 'lane' was running over painted stripes which could potentially cause a major hazard and someone could lose control and he had experienced this first hand on Thursday when they were test running on the same airstrip.

Immediately I instructed my timing tech to relocate the lane where there was no painted markings. Unbeknownst to me he did NOT remeasure the mile but simply moved it across the strip. I think we all know that it is almost impossible to laterally move such items and have them in the exact same location with the same measurements. Admittedly I should have supervised and/or measured it myself for accuracy as it plays such an important role in an event of this nature.

All the runs from 9am - 1pm were off by a margin of approximately 9 mph. Once we broke for lunch, we re-measured the mile and the traps and were able to adjust it accurately and since our timing system records all of the readings on the hard drive we were able to populate the correct times in the records. We then printed out the time slips and people commented that their vBox readings were matching the times displayed on the time slips.

I ran my personal car 3 times through the traps setting the cruise control at 60/75/82 and each time the system came back with 100% accurate readings after is was recalibrated.

The second half of the day - the readings were accurate. There were however a few that did NOT read at all or completely wrong due to a few spectators blocking one of the antenna's at the starting line which caused a false reading."

"Unfortunately with electronics as well as cars there is a margin or failure. However I did my best to make sure it was resolved. At the end of the day most were happy with the accuracy of the timing equipment and I apologize to those who were not."

Many have attested to the fact that times were dead accurate to 1-2 tenths of their vbox readings in the second part of the day

Old 04-26-2010, 03:29 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Who put on this event anyways? I've heard of every event up until this one...

Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Event was put together by Exotics Rally...

Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Pittot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dans776
Kinda funny how they all ran under the same timing equipment but the yellow car was the only one that went fast LOL.
Funny, maybe, but also understandable. The PPR machine only got one run after the timing equipment was "adjusted." The guy missed two shifts, blew a coolant hose, coasted across the line and was still clocked at 252mph. Now THAT'S funny.

Hopefully we can see these guys go head to head somewhere that has a clue about how to measure and time an event such as this. The guys at Exotic clearly didn't expect their times to be used for anything more than water cooler discussion.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Pittot
Funny, maybe, but also understandable. The PPR machine only got one run after the timing equipment was "adjusted." The guy missed two shifts, blew a coolant hose, coasted across the line and was still clocked at 252mph. Now THAT'S funny.

Hopefully we can see these guys go head to head somewhere that has a clue about how to measure and time an event such as this. The guys at Exotic clearly didn't expect their times to be used for anything more than water cooler discussion.
As i had mentioned earlier in my post in this thread there is a reason for why the times were off and once that issue was fixed after noon... all times were dead accurate as many can attest to....

Nice first post btw....

Old 04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Pittot

I cant help it that under pressure he can't drive and his team can't keep there coolant hoses on LOL. it probally blew a head gasket due to the oil pan tune up it need to go over 255 and pressurized the system blowing off the coolant hose. Can't wait to see that thing in texas, btw its going to take 275 to keep up with the yellow car

Since PPR claimed they went 267 .1 over Ray's 266.9 have them post up the v-box data and prove they went faster then 255 that was clocked at the mile.........

Anyways will be great to see these cars battle it out in texas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile