American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1

Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
bludevl80 is on a distinguished road
that's crazy... it does look good actually...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I understand your point, I just hoped that our knowledge of what it stands for is in excess of the general public. And that this person did not use the flag with any bad intent.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Le Pun will become famous soon enough
The owner Thomas and I had this discussion when deciding on the wrap/car/details but felt that it was more tribute to Dukes of Hazard not a racist statement. Did anybody protest the blockbuster movie when it came out a few years back, they even joked about it in one scene in the hood.

Hope you all enjoy it and more pics to come when the rally starts next week.

Last edited by Le Pun; 05-31-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:08 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I assumed that and I was not offended by it, life is too short. And besides a ZR1 could be pink with polka dots and still be purely amazing!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Did not realize the hatred for a flag that represented a set of states that seperated decades ago.

The guy that wrapped the car is a very good friend of mine. His family and my family have been doing business for two generations. He knows me well and knows how I feel and how I view everybody. He just so happens to also be a black man. I was with him for a few hours while he wrapped the car and he laughed at me when I told him that some people weren't going to like this because it had a confederate flag on top. He said that it was a TV show and had nothing to do with racism or hatred of black people. The fact that you compared it to the Swastika is even beyond reason. Comparing a group of southern states that seceded from the US to a country that commited genocide on almost 8 million people is just a huge stretch to me.

My Grandfather was Indian. My Grandmother was Indian. You have never heard me get offended at pictures of the army calvary or get pissed that the US is sitting on what used to be my ancestors land. Slavery was horrible and should not have happened but to dwell on it and keep it alive and active in the world we live only breeds conflict and hatred among people who know it is not a reality in this time. No one has slaves anymore and NO ONE thinks it was okay.

I am truly sorry that the car offends you. It was done in a playful way immitating a car from a TV show. I do appreciate your comments and the fact that you spoke up.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
casaba is on a distinguished road
LOVE the car wrap, my GF is a big fan of the original and had her 07 charger painted hemi-orange and got the magnets for it. Can't wait to show her this pic.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM
SSWIM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tblackj
Wow. Did not realize the hatred for a flag that represented a set of states that seperated decades ago.

The guy that wrapped the car is a very good friend of mine. His family and my family have been doing business for two generations. He knows me well and knows how I feel and how I view everybody. He just so happens to also be a black man. I was with him for a few hours while he wrapped the car and he laughed at me when I told him that some people weren't going to like this because it had a confederate flag on top. He said that it was a TV show and had nothing to do with racism or hatred of black people. The fact that you compared it to the Swastika is even beyond reason. Comparing a group of southern states that seceded from the US to a country that commited genocide on almost 8 million people is just a huge stretch to me.

My Grandfather was Indian. My Grandmother was Indian. You have never heard me get offended at pictures of the army calvary or get pissed that the US is sitting on what used to be my ancestors land. Slavery was horrible and should not have happened but to dwell on it and keep it alive and active in the world we live only breeds conflict and hatred among people who know it is not a reality in this time. No one has slaves anymore and NO ONE thinks it was okay.

I am truly sorry that the car offends you. It was done in a playful way immitating a car from a TV show. I do appreciate your comments and the fact that you spoke up.
Very well put.

Sam

Old 06-02-2010, 11:27 AM
BGolden will become famous soon enough
Do you have any photos of the car while they were wrapping it? Where can we follow you through the competition? (internet/tv) Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Banned
rushmo is on a distinguished road
It is what it is. OFFENSIVE!

Originally Posted by tblackj

Friend,

I do empathize with you and your point of the Indians and their plight in America. It doesn't diminish the fact that the wrap AND the show car was and is offensive to many more than not (The Movie bombed big time). The infrastucture of the south was mainly built upon the backs of my ancestors (i.e. free labor). Facts don't lie and this is a fact. Over 53,000 slaves a year were brought to America for over 200 years. It is estimated that 80 million died. Can I relate this to the swastika (correlation made). Yes, my friend. These are facts.

I'm not pissed at your friend. He just must expect If one adorns offensive garb. Expect to find adverse reactions to it AND THEN don't make excuses and be offended because of the offense or say, "I was just foolin' around". Go ahead and have your fun.

It is what it is. Nice car, nice color, nice wheels. Offensive theme.

Peace! I enjoy this site.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM
BGolden will become famous soon enough
Wow,

I must say I am shocked. I am not trying to turn this into a race argument, but there have been many cultures that have been slaves throughout the history of the world. The Israelites were slaves to the Egyptians for example. Had they been in the land of Cana where they came from then they might have starved due to the extreme famine during the time. I would think that there is some good that has come from the mistakes of our past.

I understand your point and that our past is not to be condoned, but I believe the owner and his car have no malice involved in this project. Sorry you feel the way you do toward this theme.

I personally liked the dukes of Hazard, both the tv show and I thought the movie was ok.

Carry on.

Best of luck in the competition.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
casaba is on a distinguished road
I could be wrong but didn't the north have slaves too? Also, just who sold those slaves? Could that have been rival tribal leaders? Depending on who's slant you look at it would seem freeing slaves was a move Lincoln made way late in the game some would say to garner more support.

Either way slavery was wrong but its about WAY more than a flag. Folks the associate the flag are usually either
A: looking to be offensive to another race
B: looking to blame another race

or occasionally...
C: just a fan of either civil war history or a dukes of hazzard fan. I'm both of those and LOVE the car frankly

Geez, isnt this a car forum?

Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 PM
SSWIM is on a distinguished road
Wow. Does this mean every "Iron Cross" that is on a custom bike or custom car is offensive??? It is a derivative of the German Empire after all.
While the "Dukes" ZR1 may not be every ones "cup of tea", to call it offensive is a little over the top, IMO. No bashing intended.

Sam

Old 06-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Thomas, I am not going to be as PC as you or others on here have been. You people that have nothing better to do than immediately take this as racist need to get a ****ing clue. This is one guy taking a TV theme and replicating it on a modern day piece of machinery. Did any of you butthurt jackasses even watch the show. I challenge anybody to post a scene from the show that can be deemed remotely racist. Jesus Christ, everybody is offended by something these days. PC has run ****ing amock in this country and I for one am sick and damn tired of it.

No apologies Thomas. You have done nothing wrong. Those that find it offensive......get the **** over it.

Last edited by amerlemans; 06-02-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned
rushmo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Thomas, I am not going to be as PC as you or others on here have been. You people that have nothing better to do than immediately take this as racist need to get a ****ing clue. This is one guy taking a TV theme and replicating it on a modern day piece of machinery. Did any of you butthurt jackasses even watch the show. I challenge anybody to post a scene from the show that can be deemed remotely racist. Jesus Christ, everybody is offended by something these days. PC has run ****ing amock in this country and I for one am sick and damn tired of it.

No apologies Thomas. You have done nothing wrong. Those that find it offensive......get the **** over it.
You don't have to be fn PC bro'. that sh-t is OFFENSIVE to me and I'll say it till I die. It has no place on any car that has class. So, not only is it offensive, but also has no class. As if the Corvette didn't already have trouble retaining an ounce of respect, the most respected iteration has to be be defaced with that looser bullcrap theme. If you had to question whether or not to do it the first place, most likely you shouldn't have.

Also, my point is not who all participated in slavery but who fought to continue slavery and camouflage it as states rights. Have fun kids!

Last edited by rushmo; 06-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Now were on to bashing the Corvette because a " Black " man decided to wrap his car in the theme of a car from a movie or TV show that just happened to be from that time period? The Corvette doesn't need your approval and the owner of the car did not need your permission.

So what if its offensive to you, you can't possibly get offended every time and take things out of context. Because as you know everything could be termed racist. Lets see I own a home on former Indian land so I am a racist, I drive a Lexus so I hate Americans cause the mfers bombed Pearl Harbor. I have a landscaper who is Hispanic so I must be racist against them as well and hope to exploit his race against him. My nephew just bought a VW so of course he hates Jews driving Hitler's car! You Porsche drivers you forsake your country by not buying a Corvette and instead buying a car from a company owned by Hitlers car company.

There is such thing as self racist people that spend their whole life debating who is against them and blaming everything on the racist society they live in. It's time people of all colors stopped spending so much time focusing on inequality and hate and instead focus on how much better things are than they used to be.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1