American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1

Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Some of you need to man up. This is a car forum and the guy did a wrap to match a car from a TV show....give me a break. Nobody was trying to be offensive.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned
rushmo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SINISTR
Some of you need to man up. This is a car forum and the guy did a wrap to match a car from a TV show....give me a break. Nobody was trying to be offensive.
Man up? No one is passing judgement on the person who did this, certainly not me. This all started when one person expressed his opinion on the theme. He was immediately belittled and jumped on for expressing his thoughts. I just happen to have the same feeling about the theme and felt that I should express my thoughts. Immediately everyone started taking up for the gentleman who did the wrap. I'll say it again. If you are not sensitive and make a choice. Expect that someone may be sensitive to your choice and express their views. They have a right to. Whether he was trying to be offensive is not the question. Read, research, look at the "recent" news and history. The Confederate Flag is offensive to many a people no matter how it is used in a "so called" fun way.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rushmo
Man up? No one is passing judgement on the person who did this, certainly not me. This all started when one person expressed his opinion on the theme. He was immediately belittled and jumped on for expressing his thoughts. I just happen to have the same feeling about the theme and felt that I should express my thoughts. Immediately everyone started taking up for the gentleman who did the wrap. I'll say it again. If you are not sensitive and make a choice. Expect that someone may be sensitive to your choice and express their views. They have a right to. Whether he was trying to be offensive is not the question. Read, research, look at the "recent" news and history. The Confederate Flag is offensive to many a people no matter how it is used in a "so called" fun way.
Nobody cares how "hurt" or "offended" you are. Your type reads racism into everything.

You act as if this guy just stuck KKK stickers all over his car and followed it up with an actual Confederate Flag hoisted from one of those flag holders used to represent one's favorite football team for Christsake.

If you don't like it, take your one month old/7 total post, offended self over to another forum and spew your busllsh!t over there.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
You don't have to be fn PC bro'. that sh-t is OFFENSIVE to me and I'll say it till I die. It has no place on any car that has class. So, not only is it offensive, but also has no class. As if the Corvette didn't already have trouble retaining an ounce of respect, the most respected iteration has to be be defaced with that looser bullcrap theme. If you had to question whether or not to do it the first place, most likely you shouldn't have.

Also, my point is not who all participated in slavery but who fought to continue slavery and camouflage it as states rights. Have fun kids!
Slavery? you seriously are going to discuss slavery and wrap that into the Dukes of Hazzard theme on a car? What a sad, miserable life you must live.

The Corvette has trouble retaining respect?....that's rich, man.
Once again, nobody gives two ***** what you Rushmo think, how offended you are, what you believe in, etc. The world, 6speed, life doesn't revolve around you. If you are that offended by a car replicating a former car on a TV show, how about just excusing yourself from the thread? Pretty novel concept I would think. Later, Mr. Offended.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Former Vendor
Modball Team is on a distinguished road
Awesome car man .... I love the Dukes of Hazard theme .. and tons of VW's have the Iron Cross and Swastica's on their "hoods" and as badges over here ... Nobody cares

Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Nobody cares how "hurt" or "offended" you are. Your type reads racism into everything.

You act as if this guy just stuck KKK stickers all over his car and followed it up with an actual Confederate Flag hoisted from one of those flag holders used to represent one's favorite football team for Christsake.

If you don't like it, take your one month old/7 total post, offended self over to another forum and spew your busllsh!t over there.
1st: I'm not hurt by ignorance. 2nd: Thanks to loosers like you, I can spew my feelings of discontent anywhere I choose. Hell, you're the main reason I'm keeping this going. You're rude and extremly lacking in the marble department. The football flag, jeez give me a break. People are fighting that one too and they will continue. It IS offensive bud!

Have a good day!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Slavery? you seriously are going to discuss slavery and wrap that into the Dukes of Hazzard theme on a car? What a sad, miserable life you must live.

The Corvette has trouble retaining respect?....that's rich, man.
Once again, nobody gives two ***** what you Rushmo think, how offended you are, what you believe in, etc. The world, 6speed, life doesn't revolve around you. If you are that offended by a car replicating a former car on a TV show, how about just excusing yourself from the thread? Pretty novel concept I would think. Later, Mr. Offended.
It's a dead dog dude. Just like the flag, a dead cause and that's why people like me will fight people like you to the last breath because your abathetic views to proven facts. There is a reason why Dukes of Hazzards would never make it as a come back show or as a movie. Many people have evolved. Some? Look at yourself................ Ignorance is oblivion my friend.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:00 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
This thread has turned in an odd direction...

I'm not exactly sure why someone must preface their opinion with "as a black man...". Should I preface all of my opinions with "as a white man..."?

I'm not sure how the color of MY skin has anything to do with my opinion. Does that make it more or less valid?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
This thread has turned in an odd direction...

I'm not exactly sure why someone must preface their opinion with "as a black man...". Should I preface all of my opinions with "as a white man..."?

I'm not sure how the color of MY skin has anything to do with my opinion. Does that make it more or less valid?
The reason I noted "black man" is because this is the very reason it offends me. Read, look, learn. It was simple in Elementary school. The flag represents racism (the first time I've said it) in every way! This flag was against my ancestors gaining their freedom which equates and relates to me "AS A BLACK MAN". How can you not get it. Ohhh, I know..... Go figure..........

Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 AM
No Name will become famous soon enoughNo Name will become famous soon enough
I'll admit I missed the significance of the original statement when it was made. After reading the rest of the thread I can now appreciate the significance, but wow... some of this is really reaching IMO.

A black man wrapped his car to mimic a famous and historical car from a TV show. Obviously, no harm or malice was intended, so please **** on someone else's forum with the woe-is-me racist BS.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by No Name
I'll admit I missed the significance of the original statement when it was made. After reading the rest of the thread I can now appreciate the significance, but wow... some of this is really reaching IMO.

A black man wrapped his car to mimic a famous and historical car from a TV show. Obviously, no harm or malice was intended, so please **** on someone else's forum with the woe-is-me racist BS.
I don't care who wrapped it or why they wrapped it or that what they were trying to mimic was, dare I say, "famous?". If this guy really is black, maybe he'll read this post and get a clue. But if you don't get it by now, most likely you never will. PEACE FOLKS! Rememeber, this is JUST a website. Not my life. Too bad it IS your life!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
The reason I noted "black man" is because this is the very reason it offends me. Read, look, learn. It was simple in Elementary school. The flag represents racism (the first time I've said it) in every way! This flag was against my ancestors gaining their freedom which equates and relates to me "AS A BLACK MAN". How can you not get it. Ohhh, I know..... Go figure..........
You seem like an a$$...

I don't think you're like this in person.

I have seen racial inequalities that offend me (as a white person). Why does it matter what color I am? Just because your skin color is different than mine doesn't make me any more or less blind to this car. We see the same thing. You interpret it differently based on your values/experiences.

I'm not trying to dispute your opinion - you are certainly entitled to one. Why couldn't you just say,"This is offensive to me."? Or "This seems offensive" or "I'm offended by this"?

Why does the color of your skin add ANY merit to your opinion? Are you the racist one here that thinks the color of your skin still makes a difference (even on an online forum)?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Banned
You seem like an a$$...

I have seen racial inequalities that offend me (as a white person). Why does it matter what color I am? Just because your skin color is different than mine doesn't make me any more or less blind to this car. We see the same thing. You interpret it differently based on your values/experiences.

I'm not trying to dispute your opinion - you are certainly entitled to one. Why couldn't you just say,"This is offensive to me."? Or "This seems offensive" or "I'm offended by this"?

Why does the color of your skin add ANY merit to your opinion? Are you the racist one here that thinks the color of your skin still makes a difference (even on an online forum)?
I've have stated over and over and over again "IT IS OFFENSIVE TO ME". You've stated in you're own statement that my values/experiences have a base for my interpretation of things. I have values and experiences that are unique to me because my ancestors and "I" are black and have experienced through out my life and abundance of hate and racism in relation to this flag and from followers/believers in and of this flag. Go back and read my previous post and you should be able to make a correlation of all the facts I've brought up. Being black has everything to do with why I have great disdain for the confederate flag.

Oh, and about me seeming to be an "A$$". I've dealt with these types of situations all my life having grown up a considerable time of my younger years in the South in the early 60's up until now most of the time being the only black in the room at work and school. You have to be very direct when dealing in these types of issues because of the attack tactics used by unsensible people. If you wimper, you'll be attacked over and over again. I will not give in when i'm right!

Last edited by rushmo; 06-03-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:47 AM
All of our perceptions and perspectives gives us a unique view of things. I understand that you're offended, and you've stated repeatedly why. I don't disagree with your position... I only disagreed with your necessity of stating that you're black, as if to imply that it offers more relevance to your point. As if a white person CAN'T be offended by racism. That is what I inferred (perhaps incorrectly) from your opening comment.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Banned
babymama is on a distinguished road
You seem like an a$$...

I completely relate with what rushmo is trying to say. I am not black and I personally find it to be offensive as well. It is our experiences that shape how we veiw the world, and it happens to be that rushmo's experiences as a black man contribute to why he is offended. If he were white, maybe he wouldn't be, but then again, maybe he still would find it to be offensive. The point I am trying to make is that his history and ancestry is a direct cause of why he feels the way he does.

I realize that we are disputing a mute point simply because people will feel the way they feel, but this country allows all of us to share our opinion. You don't have to agree, but I do feel as though we should be respectful of everyone's options, black, white, or purple.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remeber General Lee? Check out General ZR1