American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Ford GT in the house.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Ford GT in the house.

After contemplating many, many cars over many, many months, it's FGT for the win.

Also in contention were the 997TTS, ZR1, R8 V10, Gallardo and F430. At the end of the day, for me, the combination of heritage, performance, relative ease of maintenance, exotic looks, discontinued production and the flattest depreciation curve sealed the deal.

The fact that she'd had the bumper delete, pulley-tune-exhaust upgrade, clear bra, and factory-looking silver seat piping (amazing in person) & inserts already done made it all the better.

FWIW, I bought her from Shelby at Elite Auto's in Jonesboro Arkansas. I couldn't imagine a nicer, straight-shooting, honest guy to buy from. He said the FGT was near-perfect and it was.

Now my Factory Five (Ford powered) roadster kit has a sibling.

Blah, blah, blah, on to the delivery night pictures (better ones coming).

Old 09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new ride! Very nice! Love it. Can't wait to hear you driving impressions/review!

Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Congrats on your purchase. The Ford GT has to be my favorite car design of all time.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:45 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
you have good taste...some old school going on there as well...

Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.

I'm a Chevy guy from when I was a kid. Never left me.

My next fun car will likely be Italian (ok, maybe German)

I had to cure the Ford Gt itch first. Prices are on the rise, and it was the right car, with the right enhancements, from the right guys.

Driving impressions coming ASAP.

Last edited by HIRISC; 09-16-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
so when are you going to TT/SC it?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:49 AM
stkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond repute
congrats and enjoy, beautiful ride and that's some car condo you got there

Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Chris,
Where will you (and the FGT) be at today? I'll be down at my parents house helping my old man get the car ready for the Interlachen show tomorrow. (You should bring it there too!) I want to come see this thing in person!!!

Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Bolt-OnM3 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car, cant get enough of the FGT!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by jbsteven
so when are you going to TT/SC it?
Not on the current plan.

It's plenty quick enough with the pulley/tune - for me.

Originally Posted by stkjock
congrats and enjoy, beautiful ride and that's some car condo you got there
Thanks

Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
A couple of shots from today:

That thing is perfect!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:52 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
That's my dream car.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:22 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
These are classics. A very little old-time Ford dealership had 2 of these in the showroom when they were new. It was so cool to see them there just a few miles from where I lived, an experience that won't happen again. Ford should still be making them.

These cars are so low and distinctive. Great purchase.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys.

I really couldn't be happier. It really is a special car. That becomes even clearer when you're driving her.

I took Luis and Marty for a quick spin and am starting to lean into the power a bit more with each drive. She's very quick, but very stable.

Thanks for snapping those pics Luis.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ford GT in the house.