American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Our Rad Rides By Troy '70 Nova project

Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Abraham996 is on a distinguished road
Our Rad Rides By Troy '70 Nova project

I think this is the right place for this thread. My dad is having a 70 nova built up by Troy. We visited the shop today and the car that we got is solid as rock. Great starting point. Troy has never done a nova before and this is going to be the first Nova done right! Follow this link and expect 700+ HP

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sho...118#post256118

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
followed link.. cant view pics unless you are logged in on that site..

can you post the pics over here..

Old 04-07-2007, 01:11 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7685317@N04/447994686/

Hope this works better.

Last edited by Abraham996; 04-07-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yup!

these were the two of the Nova..

very good looking car to start with, what are the plans?

Old 04-07-2007, 01:32 AM
I added a pict of the rough rendering as well. That way everyone can get an idea of the look.

Plans are wicked suspension (4 link rear) with big power 650+ hp NA. Everything else will be decided as we go. It will be very nasty!

Old 04-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
NICE.. I see you shot a couple pics of the cuda and chicayne while you were there.

Is John doing the EFI (or are you even going EFI?)

I've been a member of that site for quite a while, bunch of really cool guys on there. Hit up Tyler @ ATS for some awesome PT parts. Super cool dude and builds some killer stuff.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:51 AM
EFI from John is the plan. Yeah everyone on the site is pretty cool. We arent too far from the shop so we enjoy visiting. Really cool to see the project take shape. They always have some killer cars there too!

Old 04-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Abraham996
EFI from John is the plan. Yeah everyone on the site is pretty cool. We arent too far from the shop so we enjoy visiting. Really cool to see the project take shape. They always have some killer cars there too!
No doubt... but why only 650N/A??? If John is doing the EFI why not let him run the gauntlet with a pair of turbos on it.

Get a ride in 'time machine', his seemingly stock C4 vette. It's pretty quick given the platform.

I've been in there quite a few times, very cool place, and more of a hard core race shop than most of the high end builders. No flashy building, no b/s, just all business. Troy is one solid, down to earth dude to boot.

No doubt you'll end up with an amazing car.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
We'll see what happens. As we progress through the build im sure the power bar will be raised! I have heard about the time machine. I need to get a ride in that!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I have heard about the time machine. I need to get a ride in that!
it's a start. when you want to ride in something fast... just let me know.

at any rate, Troy is a fantastic builder, and John is THE MAN when it comes to EFI. There are few better people you could have on the team.

Most of all, enjoy the beautiful car that will commence.

I'd love to race John with an equally driveable 'street car'... sept, with the top off... and smoke his *****.

PS. John Meany is seriously, one of the smartest people I have ever met. If you get the chance to chat with him don't take it for graneted.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 AM
it's a start. when you want to ride in something fast... just let me know.
Are you in Illinois??

at any rate, Troy is a fantastic builder, and John is THE MAN when it comes to EFI. There are few better people you could have on the team.
Yes, I have heard great things about John and how smart of a person he is. Im thinking when they get to the point of tuning the motor/shift points etc etc my dad and I will go visit the shop.

What are you drivin these days?? Any hot rods?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
7sport is on a distinguished road
Troy's cars are incredible, he's built some of my favorites. I think I love the biscayne he did most of all.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Troy's cars are incredible, he's built some of my favorites. I think I love the biscayne he did most of all.
He built two of them. One was real early on for his parents and the most recent and probably the one you are talking about is called "Chicayne"

Its currently at the shop and just got some bigger turbos. Awesome ride for sure!

Old 04-12-2007, 07:25 AM
7sport is on a distinguished road
He built two of them. One was real early on for his parents and the most recent and probably the one you are talking about is called "Chicayne"

Its currently at the shop and just got some bigger turbos. Awesome ride for sure!
Yeah, I wasn't aware there were two? Are they very similar to one another. I know they show his father's at a car show in some extra footage on a "Rides" DVD I own. The packaging of those turbos and exhaust manifolds looks amazing from a top down view with the hood removed. I tried to post a picture, but I couldn't get it to work.

It will be interesting to see where he goes with your car. Do you get to add much input into the design/build or does Troy pretty much run with it?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Are you in Illinois??

Yes, I have heard great things about John and how smart of a person he is. Im thinking when they get to the point of tuning the motor/shift points etc etc my dad and I will go visit the shop.

What are you drivin these days?? Any hot rods?
I spent a few months in Chicago last summer. Not a full resident but I get around.

If you get a chance to talk with John and pick his brain DO IT! He's a very humble, down to earth type of guy, and seriously one of the smartest people I have ever met.

I'm 'hotrod' deficient at the moment. But have been doing a lot of work on TT Vipers for a pretty well known builder. Hence my even further respect for John.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Our Rad Rides By Troy '70 Nova project