Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drcollie
I'm in if I keep my Vantage!. . . .
Do tell. Are you thinking of switching to another car?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I'm in! When can you ship? :-)

Old 03-15-2014, 11:42 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Interested.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by groutguy
Hi Stuart
You can count me in as well.
Your pricing is spot on based on other jacking pucks in the market place (corvette, viper, etc.), I've bought pucks for all of my previous vehicles.
How about dipping them in rubber (like tool handle rubber dip) to help marring the painted surface. I'd be willing to pay extra for the coating.
Thanks!
Thanks Ted, good to know. I will look into the coating costs. My manufacturer said it could be done.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Sounds like you would need two sets if you wanted to jack up the front or rear of the car from both sides?

....and, yes, it's aluminum.
Either you would need 2 sets, or, if you were aiming to get the car secured on jack-stands, you could use the method some have described to get the car up in steps.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
They seem a little too specific. You should get a DB9 and make sure your design is truly universal to Gaydon cars. Also, I don't understand the part about the nub being separate. Are you saying there are 3 pieces, or is the nub part of the rectangular block? Or is there a nub on both sides of the rectangular block and a hole in the circular part so the rectangle can be flipped to 'hand' the puck?

Just call me confused...
I would love to get a DB9. Unfortunately I need more of you guys to buy exhausts until I can afford it

All joking aside - I don't have easy access to one right at the moment, but I did speak to my good buddy who has been an Aston Tech for over 10 years and he told me he's pretty sure they are the same.

Regarding the actual construction of the part, you know I actually don't know whether it is 3 separate pieces (a dowel, the puck and the shape) or if they planned to make it with a nub on each side and a hole/recess in the puck.) I took the foam core pieces I shaped to the machine shop, discussed my objectives and told them it would be ideal if they were reversible so you didn't need 4 per vehicle to do all 4 cutouts. Since Harv knows way more about machining stuff than I do, I left it with him to determine the best engineering solution

But based on the response I have greenlit (greenlighted?) this project and will test them on a DB9 for you and show pics/video of them in action.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-15-2014, 05:47 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
that would be great ,I'm in for a DB9 set of 4 to use on two post ramp if you can send (or deliver) to the French West Indies.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:00 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Do tell. Are you thinking of switching to another car?
I hate to hijack this thread, but my Vantage is on EBAY right now as well as my BMW 135 Convertible. I have too many vehicles (2 cars, 1 pickup truck, 3 motorcycles) and its time to thin the fleet since I'm not Jay Leno . Virginia Personal Property taxes + Insurance are just ridiculous on all of that, so its a downsizing move. I have fair prices on both cars (and 1 motorcycle will be going) so if they sell - they sell and if they don't I'll just keep 'em rather than doing a fire-sale on them.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:30 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
I'm in Stuart!
Art

Old 03-16-2014, 08:57 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Yes please, 2 sets for my DB9 so I can do front and rear at the same time......

Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Stuart I am in for a set

Old 03-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Christiaan0922 is on a distinguished road
I'd love a full set for my Snapon midrise lift. Would prefer to know the fit for my DB9 had been tested though. Then...I vote to have a set recommended to every one on this forum. Thanks Stuart!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 PM
WildBob has a spectacular aura aboutWildBob has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
I would love to get a DB9. Unfortunately I need more of you guys to buy exhausts until I can afford it

All joking aside - I don't have easy access to one right at the moment, but I did speak to my good buddy who has been an Aston Tech for over 10 years and he told me he's pretty sure they are the same.

Regarding the actual construction of the part, you know I actually don't know whether it is 3 separate pieces (a dowel, the puck and the shape) or if they planned to make it with a nub on each side and a hole/recess in the puck.) I took the foam core pieces I shaped to the machine shop, discussed my objectives and told them it would be ideal if they were reversible so you didn't need 4 per vehicle to do all 4 cutouts. Since Harv knows way more about machining stuff than I do, I left it with him to determine the best engineering solution

But based on the response I have greenlit (greenlighted?) this project and will test them on a DB9 for you and show pics/video of them in action.
I would be happy to be your DB9 guinea pig... I would only need one pair...the goal to jack front or rear... or one side at a time...knowing how AM reuses so many elements between cars I'd bet dollars to donuts there is no difference between Vantage and DB9 jack points...it will be important to keep them low profile

Last edited by WildBob; 03-24-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a photo of a BMW Jack Pad made by Reverse Logic. It billet aluminum with two rubber stoppers built in on each side to friction hold it to the car when you remove the jack. Very trick.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jackpad_zps9f2a87e9.jpg
Views:	1582
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	351196  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 AM
-G-
-G- is on a distinguished road
I'm in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?