Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
All paid orders shipping today. Live and listed on the website, have plenty of stock. Email me if you want to order.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...tonjackpad.htm

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VELAstonJackPad-2.jpg
Views:	1772
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	378745  
206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Madmikeybee is on a distinguished road
Jack Pads

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Are you still interested in a set (2 or 4?)

They are finished and in stock now. Just need your billing info if you want to proceed.

Cheers,

Stuart
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for you message. Yes, I would like to get a set of 2 (one front, one back). How much are they? $90? I don't remember. Please let me know and I can provide you with billing details, etc.

Note: Sorry to reply to your message here, but I need 4 more posts! Lol!
Thanks again,
Mike

Old 06-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Madmikeybee
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for you message. Yes, I would like to get a set of 2 (one front, one back). How much are they? $90? I don't remember. Please let me know and I can provide you with billing details, etc.

Note: Sorry to reply to your message here, but I need 4 more posts! Lol!
Thanks again,
Mike
Shoot me an email - Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we'll take care of everything.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-05-2014, 01:56 PM
koolkat1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DonL

I may receive some flack for posting this equipment purchase, but I bought a pair of 1-½ ton aluminum “racing” jacks (item #68053) from Harbor Freight. I was unable to find a reasonably priced low profile jack until I located these; they have a minimum height of approximately 3-3/8” to 3-1/2” (the lowest I could find). With the ever-present coupons, they were $60 each at my local store. For the price, the quality and finish is quite good. I have since seen other car owners using the same jacks at various track events.

I now use two when I lift my Vantage: both on the same side of the car, or on opposite sides of the car on the same axle.
Please see my earlier post regarding the problems I encountered (airbag warning light) after installing my track rims and tires using a single jack.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tire-swap.html

One may still have clearance issues when using the aluminum jacking pads with these jacks, as I measured slightly over an inch of clearance from the “rubber” pads on the jack to the frame on my “stock” Vantage. You may have to insert the aluminum pads into the frame first and then position this jack under the aluminum pads. If you are close, you may be able to remove the rubber pads on the jack to get additional clearance. Failing that, you may still have to use your ramps, or you may need to drive up on some one foot long pieces of 2”x10” under each wheel to get an additional 1-1/2” of vertical clearance.

BTW, I would like to know if anyone has been able to find jacks with a significantly lower profile. TIA…
DonL -

Do you still have to use the jack pad with these low profile jack from harbor freight? I think I might run out and pick one of these up. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:50 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by koolkat1973
DonL -

Do you still have to use the jack pad with these low profile jack from harbor freight? I think I might run out and pick one of these up. Thanks.
I don't have the aluminum jack pads, but you will need some sort of a "spacer pad" with any jack you employ. I use a small piece of hardwood 3/4" thick (appx. 1" by 2") which I place on top of the jack - it's surely a low tech approach .

The side skirts protrude about 1/8" below the aluminum frame jack points, so you will need some "filler piece" between the "frame" and the jack in order not to "crush" the skirts when you lift the car.

Using the aluminum jack pads is definitely a more elegant solution...

Old 01-08-2015, 11:47 PM
texaslonghorn is on a distinguished road
First off, thanks to Duane, this was his idea

I have foam core prototyped and worked up a solidworks file for Aston Martin Jack Pads. As most of you probably know, there's a weird little cutout in the sill at the jacking points, and a little hole where the chassis is mounted on the production line.

Many people have been using hockey pucks, blocks of wood etc, when jacking their cars up. These will work, but of course there's always that nagging doubt about whether it is properly secured, cars falling off the jack, damaging the sill etc.

The pieces I have designed will sit in the cup of a standard jack. The little nub that protrudes is actually separate from the shaped slice. This means that to use the pad on the opposite side of the car you lift the contoured piece off and flip it 180 degrees. Front & Back are different shapes so there's one piece for the front, and one for the back.

The little holes in the sills are lined with a recessed rubber grommet, so the nub should actually be snug enough to hold the pad in position while you position the Jack. No more guesswork, no more blocks of wood.

We're aiming to produced these machined out of billed aluminum (or aluminium ). I can do this at a price of $89.95 per vehicle set. I know, I know, you can get jack pads for a Honda for $20, but economies of scale and all that.

I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet, looking to get some feedback. If I can get an even dozen we could get this into production.

Any Interest?
Any chance Stuart I can get the Solidworks build file?

Old 01-09-2015, 01:00 AM
Jibberingloon will become famous soon enough
I want

Old 01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by texaslonghorn
Any chance Stuart I can get the Solidworks build file?
Sure, how much $$$ are you offering?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-10-2015, 11:11 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Sure, how much $$$ are you offering?
I'd like all of your work and propriety information for free, please

Old 02-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say these are back in stock. Thanks to those who waited patiently. Orders have shipped. We also upgraded the file to have the logo machined into the parts. Looks a little cooler I think

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Stuart...please remind me what constitutes a "set"? Still $89.99 a set, or has manufacturing volume and improvement lowered the price?

Is it two back, two front, one of each, or all four?

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2015, 09:01 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rscultho
Stuart...please remind me what constitutes a "set"? Still $89.99 a set, or has manufacturing volume and improvement lowered the price?

Thanks!
^ I'm wondering about this, too!

Old 02-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by rscultho

Thanks!
They are $180 RRP for a pair - which is one front & one rear, both side reversible. 6speed price is $162.00

I'm still running these in relatively low volumes (25 sets.) I'm sure I could send the design off to China but the idea with these was to have a really nicely engineered and milled piece that matches the craftsmanship on the car.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-03-2015, 06:31 AM
-G-
-G- is on a distinguished road
Received my set a week or two ago and they look fantastic!

Old 05-20-2015, 04:24 PM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
They are $180 RRP for a pair - which is one front & one rear, both side reversible. 6speed price is $162.00

I'm still running these in relatively low volumes (25 sets.) I'm sure I could send the design off to China but the idea with these was to have a really nicely engineered and milled piece that matches the craftsmanship on the car.
Hey Stuart,

These look great. I'm interested in a set. A few questions though:

(1) Do you still have these available?
(2) Will they fit a DBS?
(3) I saw the photo of these on the jack. Do you have any photos of them holding up a car? Just trying to get a better idea of where these go and how they work.

Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?