Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Installed New Pedal for Heel Toe

Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Exactly!

I've had no problem with accidently pressing the gas pedal during braking. I was concerned about it, which is why I only went with the 1/2 inch extension.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Okay, thanks!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
For months, I thought that the cardboard piece was some kind of template. I think I finally understand now.

So, if we call Ultimate Pedals to place an order, can't we simply ask for a "Seattle_Sun Special" rather than giving them some long-winded explanation on what hole to flare out from, etc.? Don't the have a record of the pedal design they created for you that they can just copy for us to buy?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz
For months, I thought that the cardboard piece was some kind of template.
Ha, me too.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Thinking about it, I believe the bed is on the pedal arm and not the pedal itself! Sorry for the mix up, but it's been awhile. Same idea though

Last edited by seattle_sun; 10-11-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
I just ordered myself the pedal last week and am waiting for it to arrive. Seattle_Sun, do you know the approximate thickness of the base of that rubber pad? I discussed the options with them and they suggested I stick with their poly "studs." I do want to source a rubber pad to use versus your cardboard one though.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Brumma, how did you spec out the pedal when you ordered it? Did you ask for the "Seattle Sun Aston Martin model"?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Brumma, how did you spec out the pedal when you ordered it? Did you ask for the "Seattle Sun Aston Martin model"?
Naw, it wasn't that easy. I called them up and emailed a link to this thread while we were on the phone. He did seem to be familiar with this particular pedal, though I'll see once it arrives. I'll let you know for sure. Unfortunately I can't find my notes with the name of the gent I spoke with, but he answered the phone both times.

By the way, did you see my comment regarding your brake pad recommendation in the other thread?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM
It's been awhile, so I don't really remember the thickness. Just unscrew the pedal and you'll be able to see the rubber pad thickness.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
It's been awhile, so I don't really remember the thickness. Just unscrew the pedal and you'll be able to see the rubber pad thickness.
I was hoping to avoid having to do that... Oh well. The new pedal arrived today just in time for me to do so. I actually thought it was going to be more difficult to get the pedal off, but the hard part was wringing under the scuttle to get at the pedals. I did as you did and just put a piece of cardboard in there temporarily. I found a sheet of rubber at Lowe's that I will cut to size tomorrow.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 PM
@ karlfranz - I seem to have received exactly what I was counting on, which is the same as Seattle_sun showed in his post.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM
mark higinbotha is on a distinguished road
I just installed my new gas pedal with the half inch extension like the pictures Seattlesun posted. I called Ultimate Pedals and spoke with Robert. He seemed to know exactly what I needed to match the other stock pedals. The new pedal arrived in about one week and just bolted right up using the original 2 torx screws. Had to pay an extra $25 to get the "Heavy Bevel" edge to match other pedals. Around $100 complete and delivered. If interested order Model 749 with Shiny Smooth finish and Flat Grip Insert. Heal-Toe much easier now. Wouldn't have thought half inch was enough but it seems to be about right.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by mark higinbotha
I just installed my new gas pedal with the half inch extension like the pictures Seattlesun posted. I called Ultimate Pedals and spoke with Robert. He seemed to know exactly what I needed to match the other stock pedals. The new pedal arrived in about one week and just bolted right up using the original 2 torx screws. Had to pay an extra $25 to get the "Heavy Bevel" edge to match other pedals. Around $100 complete and delivered. If interested order Model 749 with Shiny Smooth finish and Flat Grip Insert. Heal-Toe much easier now. Wouldn't have thought half inch was enough but it seems to be about right.
Thanks for the info. Just got off the phone with Robert and got one ordered. He says he's been getting quite a few orders from 6-Speed and Pistonheads members lately.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I posted this thread on PistonHeads a couple days ago. Think I'll order a set now too.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Pedals ordered! Now all I need to do is learn how to heel/toe.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed New Pedal for Heel Toe