Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage V8 you have or have had oil leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 AM
spainconection is on a distinguished road
Vantage V8 you have or have had oil leaks

With this post, I intend to pick up all the information of the faults that our beloved cars, oil leaks.
Tell us where you had oil leaks and what was the solution
thakns in advance

Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
orangegrower is on a distinguished road
My 2007 had the dreaded front timing chain cover oil leak. A repair was attempted under warranty by the previous owner but it was unsuccessful. I had the complete repair done which involves replacing the front cover gasket. If this is replaced properly it should not be a problem in the future.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Since this "Oil Leak Problem" seems to occasionally recurr after a repair has been made, I would take the extra precaution of coating the gasket and bolts with a thin layer of "Magic Lube".

Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 AM
gianluca is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spainconection
With this post, I intend to pick up all the information of the faults that our beloved cars, oil leaks.
Tell us where you had oil leaks and what was the solution
thakns in advance
I have the same problem with my V8 Vantage SportShift 07 and I'm currently fighting with AM italy to fix it for free.

The leak of oil it's just few drops from the front and few from the back.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by gianluca
I have the same problem with my V8 Vantage SportShift 07 and I'm currently fighting with AM italy to fix it for free.

The leak of oil it's just few drops from the front and few from the back.
Welcome to the club.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:11 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Front timing chain oil leak. Fixed twice. The first dealer didn't do it right.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Front timing chain oil leak. Fixed twice. The first dealer didn't do it right.
It's not that the first dealer did not do it right. Astons fix for the problem early on was to goop some sealant to some joints where the block, heads, and timing cover come together. Later on they found that this fix was not working and then authorized it dealers to completely remove the front cover and install and reseal a new gasket. Your first fix along with mine was the dealer doing exactly what Aston told its dealers to do. Unfortunately for me when it started leaking again it is out of warranty. Long story that I don't want to get into.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:51 AM
THE OIL LEAK COMING FROM ALL THE TOP OF THE FRONT COVER.

LEAK OCCURS:

WHERE TO JOIN THE FRONT COVER BOARD AND THE BOARD OF TOP COVERS.

In the image I marked with red circle and two arrows facing critical places for oil leaks.

WHERE ARE THE BLACK CIRCLE BE CAST SILICONE

in such unions is where to loss of oil, silicone cast in such unions, but that aside, the actual seal of the front cover is the end that support well in that union with the front cover.

1, not to continue having future problems of oil leakage,
the mechanic must have extensive experience in these types of problems, if you have never faced an oil leak from the Aston Martin, almost certainly will return to have problems with oil leaks.

Let's see, Aston Martin, I would not have these problems, why continue, why not ..... do things right in not making the correct materials are used to avoid future such leakage, we owners of an Aston Martin, we feel cheated, this creates a bad image, they should know to be very much improved.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:12 AM
gianluca is on a distinguished road
they ask me 1500 euros to fix the problem out of warranty but I pretend they fix as a recall.
I'm not sure to fix it because it's just few drops and even because I'm not sure they will fix 100%.
Actually the oil leaks happens only for an hour after the use while engine is still warm.
keep in touch pls
glucacaracciolo@tiscali.it

Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 AM
come on, no new news to explain oil leak here
We guys, post your experiences.
greetings.

Last edited by spainconection; 06-18-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:32 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orangegrower
It's not that the first dealer did not do it right. Astons fix for the problem early on was to goop some sealant to some joints where the block, heads, and timing cover come together. Later on they found that this fix was not working and then authorized it dealers to completely remove the front cover and install and reseal a new gasket. Your first fix along with mine was the dealer doing exactly what Aston told its dealers to do. Unfortunately for me when it started leaking again it is out of warranty. Long story that I don't want to get into.
Same with my car before I bought it. Fixed twice. First time under warranty. Second time at the owner's expense to the tune of over $3,500. I'm guessing this is why he traded it in.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Same with my car before I bought it. Fixed twice. First time under warranty. Second time at the owner's expense to the tune of over $3,500. I'm guessing this is why he traded it in.

karl you are very sure that your vehicle is not leaking oil .....????
Excuse me, how long has it been since repaired the oil leak last??

Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Aral is on a distinguished road
hi, can u send me the image to my mail ?
thanks
mail.adr: aralcelayir@hotmail.com

Old 09-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My 2007 and 2009 V8 - zero leaks - my 2015 V8 GT - Front timing cover and transaxle - the mechanic showed me the pinched gasket (a factory oops). Covered by warranty

Old 09-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
My 2007 and 2009 V8 - zero leaks - my 2015 V8 GT - Front timing cover and transaxle - the mechanic showed me the pinched gasket (a factory oops). Covered by warranty
^^^^^same story...almost

2014 V8 Vantage 14K miles
Out of warranty = $3,500
​​​​​​​Not a pinched gasket but evidence of prior "quick fix"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage V8 you have or have had oil leaks