Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Thinking of changing the V12 Vantage wheels..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:16 PM
DocN is on a distinguished road
Thinking of changing the V12 Vantage wheels..

Since I bought the car last year, I'm playing with the idea of changing the wheels of my V12 Vantage as I think they do not really match the cars character. They are just too much bling bling IMO and look cheap compared to the rest of the car.

Problem is to get some wheels with right width and offset plus same low weight (forged). I'd very much prefer the 2010 DBS/Volante wheels, but they don't fit on the V12 Vantage.

Any other V12 Vantage drivers here thinking about a wheel change ? What options do we have ? Spacers are not an option to me.

TIA.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I didn't realize we had another V12 Vantage owner on the forum. Cheers!

Anyway, I like the stock wheels, so no idea of the options. Good luck though, and be sure to post if/when you get new wheels.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Cheers!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
If you do get new wheels, one of the V8V owners should pick up the stock v12v set. It's a great OEM upgrade for the standard v8v (better offset and wider wheels)

Old 06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Sorry, but I would keep them as spare set

I'm afraid that there are not too many options. A shame the DBS does not have the same wheel widths and offsets.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:04 PM
KidRacer is on a distinguished road
I considered going black with my wheels, but decided to keep it classy and stock. The following company though makes wheels for our car and they have a very nice selection. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.hrewheels.com

Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I have 20" DBS wheels on my V8V. Why won't they work on the V12v?

Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I have been researching a set of HRE's. Unfortunately, they have never measured a V12V. So they can't make wheels for the V12 yet. I have made contact with one of their distributers who can measure my wheels but they are an hour away and I haven't had the time to get to them. HRE has a great reputation and make a great quality product. They aren't cheap but the machining is the best. It's just a shame that they are not able to make wheels for our cars right now. I will be sure to inform everyone when I get my wheels measured. I'm going to try again next week.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scottblack
I have 20" DBS wheels on my V8V. Why won't they work on the V12v?
Hi Scott - did it require any mods (such as spacers) required to put the DBS wheels on your V8V? Thanks.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Nope. The dealer re-calibrated the speedo though.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:11 PM
StevenJMenna is on a distinguished road
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-set-4-a.html

If you can make the fitment work.

Last edited by StevenJMenna; 06-23-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:12 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
the speed signal is read off the front wheels. As long as overall rotating diameter is the same, it shouldn't matter.

I think I may have found a classy solution, but until I get my lugnuts in and install my one off set ... it will be hard to tell for certain. I will say that getting your own custom set can be a massive pain in the A$$ ... that's why I recommended an OEM option. With that said I am looking forward to seeing what my wheels look like once installed. It should hopefully be by next week. If not then mid july once I come back from yet another trip.

Wheels on Astons are so incredibly hard to do, its just one of those unique cars. Even the factory wheels never match the beauty of the car itself.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
KidRacer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I have been researching a set of HRE's. Unfortunately, they have never measured a V12V. So they can't make wheels for the V12 yet. I have made contact with one of their distributers who can measure my wheels but they are an hour away and I haven't had the time to get to them. HRE has a great reputation and make a great quality product. They aren't cheap but the machining is the best. It's just a shame that they are not able to make wheels for our cars right now. I will be sure to inform everyone when I get my wheels measured. I'm going to try again next week.
When I spoke with a sales rep at HRE a few weeks back, he told me the P40 series would fit.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Tahoem3 has HRE'S P40's. Personally I think is the only aftermarket wheel that look good.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
I love mine...wouldn't change to anything else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of changing the V12 Vantage wheels..