Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Glass key for 08 V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 AM
duo
duo is on a distinguished road
Glass key for 08 V8V

is it possible to code the new glass key ro 08 V8V?
cause the glass key looks so good, and the price is not that bad.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Hmmm I would be interested too.... I would be ok wiht a one peice key, but dislike the two peice look. Looks poor.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Of course, you do know that a glass key costs over $1,000US, right?

Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 PM
kba
kba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Of course, you do know that a glass key costs over $1,000US, right?
Yep. I'm sure it varies from dealer to dealer, but I was quoted $950 - so after tax over 1K. And ofc this was one of my first questions after purchase as I tend to lose car keys and a crystal key isn't an indication of, well, cheap.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I have to say that the cheap Volvo alarm fob sucks!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:40 AM
khalid is on a distinguished road
so does it work or not ?

found the dbs ecu on a website for650 usd . can i program the unlock lock boot open to work with my 07 v8v ?and how

Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned
lamb147 is on a distinguished road
Glass key?? awesome

Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
You can program any vantage remote to any year..weither it's the key and separate remote or the newer Emotion Control UNit remote type, just you will only be able to use the buttons to unlock/lock the doors, you will not be able to start the car. If you bought everything to try and convert an older style turn key unit to a newer push in console remote type, a flash would have to be written by Aston and loaded to the car, and that's a big if on will they do this for you..

The circuit board inside the remotes...old versions and new versions are the same volve circuit, Aston just change the exterior casing to the Emotion Control Unit insert in dash type of casing...that's it. If you notice on the newer style remotes there is no panic button, open the remote and you'll see the button the board is still there...aka which the panic button is on the older style remotes

I'm a tech for an Aston dealer, when ppl drop there newer style remotes in water and there at fault ...(customer pay issue), I order the old set of remotes and swap the internals to get the remotes working again for a lot cheaper price to the client...

Which ever route you decide, if you get keys that you want programmed, just make sure you get the ID numbers for the keys which is attached to the packaging(I see this all teh time when ppl buy remotes on ebay with no ID number..if you buy new you get the ID numbers)..if the vehicle ever looses the ID codes..the remotes are scrap without those ID numbers..nobody else will have them, not even Aston on file..

Hope this answered your question...

Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Not sure of the point of this. If you just reprogram the key to unlock the car you'll need to carry the glass ECU and the conventional key with you. You can't attach the key to the ECU. This is my complaint about the ECU -- you have to carry it with you AND your house key, etc. on a separate key chain. The ECU is cool, but inconvenient.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Not sure of the point of this. If you just reprogram the key to unlock the car you'll need to carry the glass ECU and the conventional key with you. You can't attach the key to the ECU. This is my complaint about the ECU -- you have to carry it with you AND your house key, etc. on a separate key chain. The ECU is cool, but inconvenient.
Very true..although Aston now has a leather pouch with key ring available for the ECU styled keys.., could have been out before but just noticed it on a Virage PDI..hehe

Old 09-23-2011, 08:32 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by irish07
Very true..although Aston now has a leather pouch with key ring available for the ECU styled keys.., could have been out before but just noticed it on a Virage PDI..hehe
The pouch came with the ECU at the very beginning, but I was told it was then discontinued at some point. I think I asked about a replacement (I didn't get one with my ECU) and I honestly can't remember if the dealer said they were NLA or they were hideously expensive (I think it was the latter).

I probably could have someone copy the design for a lot cheaper. At least it would give me a place to put it rather than letting it loose in my pocket.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
. . . but you still have to fill your pockets with a set of keys and the ECU (now even bigger b/c of the pouch).

The independent ECU makes about as much sense to me as the procedure of having to insert and turn a key AND THEN press a button to start a car. Who thought adding an additional step for the driver was a good idea???

Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
. . . but you still have to fill your pockets with a set of keys and the ECU (now even bigger b/c of the pouch).

The independent ECU makes about as much sense to me as the procedure of having to insert and turn a key AND THEN press a button to start a car. Who thought adding an additional step for the driver was a good idea???
I really like the ECU. Seems like you don't? I hated the turn the key press the button procedure, esp because it really was awkward to insert the key and turn it with the wheel fully retracted.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The pouch came with the ECU at the very beginning, but I was told it was then discontinued at some point. I think I asked about a replacement (I didn't get one with my ECU) and I honestly can't remember if the dealer said they were NLA or they were hideously expensive (I think it was the latter).

I probably could have someone copy the design for a lot cheaper. At least it would give me a place to put it rather than letting it loose in my pocket.
Nah, I believe your talking about the slip in pouch..that came with all glass keys..The new pouch has a strap to secure the key and a loop with a key ring..and a Aston imprint stamped into the leather which probably tally's the cost to 10,000,000,000$..etc lol

Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I really like the ECU. Seems like you don't? I hated the turn the key press the button procedure, esp because it really was awkward to insert the key and turn it with the wheel fully retracted.
That is true, with the column fully retracted, the key hits the dash trim when turning the key..had a lot of complaints on that..we did a customer pay fix off warranty cars, fix was to put stoppers on the shaft so column doesn't slide all the way down..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass key for 08 V8V