Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What Made you Choose Vantage over 911?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
How much off msrp is the normal?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Yeah, the only "negative" with the S is if you had your heart set on a manual transmission. How did you like the automated manual of the S?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:15 PM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Yeah, the only "negative" with the S is if you had your heart set on a manual transmission. How did you like the automated manual of the S?

Overall I liked it. Its in no way as good as the PDK, but really what manufacturer cain really edge that out. The shift points seemed logical for how I was driving the car, and the paddles seemed responsive, more responsive than the manual mode in my Cayenne S (its not PDK).

Anyone have feedback for where the negotiation should go? The dealer has been sitting on this particular V8V S for about 3 months now.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
ptaylor_9849 is on a distinguished road
I've owned 55 cars and was ready to make it 56 with an Audi R8. Then I walked into a showroom and saw a vantage in person. It took my girlfriend and I twelve hours to come down from the emotional high we got just looking at the thing. I walked around that car for an hour trying to find a bad angle and just couldn't. After leaving the dealership, I continued searching the internet for exotics. But somehow after seeing the vantage, it made every other car look vulgar. Even Italian exotics that I thought were the best looking cars around now looked silly. I still may still do an R8 in the future but when you can own one of the most beautiful cars ever designed for 70 something grand, it becomes too pretty to pass up.

Last edited by ptaylor_9849; 10-12-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
I've owned 55 cars and was ready to make it 56 with an Audi R8. Then I walked into a showroom and saw a vantage in person. It took my girlfriend and I twelve hours to come down from the emotional high we got just looking at the thing. I walked around that car for an hour trying to find a bad angle and just couldn't. After leaving the dealership, I continued searching the internet for exotics. But somehow after seeing the vantage, it made every other car look vulgar. Even Italian exotics that I thought were the best looking cars around now looked silly. I still may still do an R8 in the future but when you can own one of the most beautiful cars ever designed for 70 something grand, it becomes too pretty to pass up.

Totally agree.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849

True on the emotional high. It was the same thing for me I was all set up on getting a Bentley GT but when I saw the Aston it took me 20 seconds to change my mind. I barely negotiated the car (and probably overpaid) because I wanted it so bad. I didn't want to miss it because of a few thousand dollars. Rationality had nothing to do with my choice it was all about emotion.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Went from a very modded 996tt to a Vantage 4 years ago - one of my better sports car decisions !
Was invited to drive the Vantage at Sebring - tt was sold in a week and Vantage in the driveway ...

Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Marcos AMV8 is on a distinguished road
I have both an 996 turbo and the 4.3L V8, sinceresly the Porsche is better in the road but can´t reach the...is like to try to say with words how a Rose smell..imposible..I hate the AM by his damm clutch but when I see it I know is the most beautifull car in the world

Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
that was a good read, most of my cars are purchased based on emotion and i've been thinking i should be clinical and pick the best car for my next one...

Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
AAAVantage is on a distinguished road
I am not your average guy and I did not want an average sports car. I enjoy the exclusivity and scarcity of the brand. I enjoy being talked to about my car every time I get gas. I enjoy that it is luxury without being overly "over the top" as a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Ive owned a WRX, Mercedes SL, Mini Cooper S, SUV's and driven every thing in between. I actually grew up extremely poor and have driven 300$ rust buckets. There has never been another car Ive ever seen, nor driven, that gives me the pure exhilaration that the V8V does. The new Audi TT RS blow the Vantage away in both price and speed, but in the end, its just another Volkswagen. I also know that my car was made by hand and was made with care.

I've also never seen anyone admit this, but I am a fairly large guy and my girth actually fits into the Aston very well. I had a pretty hard time getting in and out of my Mercedes, but do not have the same problem with the Aston (Nor my Mini cooper..)

That being said, I am a fan of Mr. Fisker, and his new electric car looks very impressive. I've been told by the local jaguar dealer (Whom I met at a gas station) that they will have one in soon and I will be checking it out.

You will have to pry the key out of my cold dead hands before I were ever to give up my 2006.5 V8 Vantage.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:00 PM
vantageS2011 has a spectacular aura aboutvantageS2011 has a spectacular aura about
I know this thread is old and its been a few months, but i just wanted to agree with everyone on here. I just purchased my VantageS in october and I love it. My brother in law has the 08 turbo and loves his car but he doesnt feel his car is "exotic". The AMs are just love at first sight.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:56 AM
lhanddds will become famous soon enough
I have owned 4 different 911 variants. For the most part, I just wanted something a little different. I thought I would be bored to soon in another. The sound is amazing and I never tire of it. And there's the not seeing one every day reason. I thinks Aston people are more true car people, could be wrong but I don't think that there are as many pretenders.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 PM
vantageS2011 has a spectacular aura aboutvantageS2011 has a spectacular aura about
I was driving to work today and was tailed by the porsche 4 door and then saw a carrera 4s. just too many of them out there.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I'm a little late to this thread but I'll catch up. Every car that Porsche makes is great. I have had 7 including turbos, Cayennes and 3 BoxsterS. I was in a 997S cab when I read that Porsche had produced their 100,000th 997. This was before the 997.2. Those are Toyota numbers. I went online and found a Vantage Roadster with all of my tastes and pulled the trigger. The only thing that got me out of that car was the V12V. I actually considered keeping both. That was the first car in many years that I had a hard time letting go even knowing that it was being replaced by the V12. The other intangible and embarrassing admission is that I often visit my car in the garage when I can't drive it. I literally window shop my own car. In the past, I have acknowledged other Porsche owners but I didn't go out of my way. Now, when I see an Aston, I greet the other person and strike up conversation. It's just a very different experience of ownership and satisfaction.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 AM
nexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I'm a little late to this thread but I'll catch up. Every car that Porsche makes is great. I have had 7 including turbos, Cayennes and 3 BoxsterS. I was in a 997S cab when I read that Porsche had produced their 100,000th 997. This was before the 997.2. Those are Toyota numbers. I went online and found a Vantage Roadster with all of my tastes and pulled the trigger. The only thing that got me out of that car was the V12V. I actually considered keeping both. That was the first car in many years that I had a hard time letting go even knowing that it was being replaced by the V12. The other intangible and embarrassing admission is that I often visit my car in the garage when I can't drive it. I literally window shop my own car. In the past, I have acknowledged other Porsche owners but I didn't go out of my way. Now, when I see an Aston, I greet the other person and strike up conversation. It's just a very different experience of ownership and satisfaction.
Awesome!

I am guilty as well - I often visit my car in the garage when I don't drive it. Aston Martins are just absolutely gorgeous and above all in my opinion, they are exclusive.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Made you Choose Vantage over 911?